Sponsored Links

High ping warzone uk

Kwd877

Hi all

I am getting very high ping of 90ms on warzone my latency is 35 - 45 on average I am in the uk, I have heard vpn can fix the issues but I have never used one and wouldn’t no where to start my internet provider is fibrenest and I use linksy velop router and connect via Ethernet, I have watched some YouTube videos and seen people have changed dns to 1.1.1.1 - 1.0.0.1 and 8.8.8.8 - 8.0.0.8 but they are in different countries and I have no clue how dns works?

Hi @Kwd877

DNS won't help with your ping.
VPN may help, but it is not a given, it depends on many variables.
Try Cloudflare Warp for starters, it's free, see if it helps you.

So many things can impact latency, including aspects of your home network, as well as the remote server you're connecting to. So it's not always something on the broadband ISP side. If I were you, I'd first want to try and pin down the cause.

The first step is to rule out WiFi, so anything for multiplayer gaming related tasks should ideally be tested with a wired connection direct to the router.

As the next step, I'd check what the ping times are to other servers. I haven't played Warzone for ages, so I can't remember if they even have a server browser with ping times. It may be that a server you like has changed its host or location, which could impact latency.

After that, I'd probably be running a bunch of traceroutes, ideally to the video gaming server I'm using. This should return how much latency each server hop is producing between your connection and the server. Any slow hops will usually stick out, which can help you to identify whether the problem is more on your side, the ISPs side (routing / peering arrangements) or that of the remote server.

But a lot of the time these issues occur due to a problem with a change in ISPs routing/peering arrangements. At that point all you can really do, other than experimenting with VPNs, is complain or switch ISP. However, I'm conscious that as a FibreNest customer your options for a different ISP will probably be poor.

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine is on fibrenest as well and has all sorts of problems, slow speeds, high pings and random outages.

Sounds like Persimmons internet is as bad as their house building.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules