Sponsored

High shipping charge inquiry on 1-Month trial

Sean

Casual Member
I was ready to take on the one month trial, but encountered an issue with the pricing when I try applying for the trial. I currently have all the required equipment – Dish aligned to E-bird 33E and a decent signal on 11472H transponder on my PC. ;) So, I tried applying for the trial only advertised at £19.99, however when I click on ‘Proceed with order’, a charge of £13.50 is added to the order. In the country option, I selected ‘Republic of Ireland’, and the shipping suddenly jumps to £25. :eek:

Has anyone taken the trial who already has equipment been charged for shipping also or know what gets shipped out that costs so much to send?

I have also tried the ‘Sign up now’ link on the choice of options page below the heading ‘Got a Satellite DVB Modem? – No Obligation One Month Trial’. Since no shipping charge was mentioned on this section, I decided to fill out the details in this section however once I had submitted the form, it just told me that my order is being processed and so far I have not received any E-mail back.

Anyway if the shipping happens to be an error, I will be happy to proceed with the trial :cool:

Last edited:

Kommando

Top Member
For my trial nothing actually came in the post and no charge, give them a ring any they should sort it out there and then for you, have your credit card available.

Sean

Casual Member
Thanks for the help. :cool:

Seems like a bug in their online ordering system then. I'll try calling them tomorrow. :rolleyes:

The image below shows the order summary when I try placing the order online:

micronet

ISP Rep
Hi

This is a bug in the CGI script of the shopping cart, there should be no shipping charge, we have proceeded to rectify the problem.

Sean

Casual Member
I have since ordered by phone (beginning last week), so got around that that issue ;)

Unfortunately, they set up my account with the wrong satellite (Eutelsat 7E) and despite contacting them several times by E-mail also by phone, I am still waiting to this time of writing for my account to be transferred to the E-Bird satellite :(

Sean

Casual Member
I am up & running on E-Bird. :)

Although I was set up on the wrong satellite to start with, I can see just how much of a difference does a broadband-dedicated satellite make compared with Broadsat's 7E that I was accidenlty put on.

While I was on 7E, I was typically getting 20KB to 30KB per second during the evening and this was at the start of my 300MB initial priority period. On E-Bird now, I'm getting 80KB to 130KB per second at this time of evening where my previous provider before mid-August Broadsat (formerly EuropeOnline) often performed less than the modem link itself. :cool:

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Origin Broadband £23.00
  • Vodafone £23.00
  • SSE £23.00 (*33.00)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2463)
  2. FTTP (2092)
  3. FTTC (1631)
  4. Building Digital UK (1574)
  5. Politics (1380)
  6. Openreach (1376)
  7. Business (1207)
  8. Statistics (1077)
  9. FTTH (1014)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1006)
  11. Fibre Optic (957)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (902)
  13. Wireless Internet (884)
  14. 4G (874)
  15. Virgin Media (843)
  16. Sky Broadband (585)
  17. EE (577)
  18. TalkTalk (563)
  19. Vodafone (497)
  20. Security (402)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules