Sponsored Links

Honestly, the GPU market is an utter joke.

Crypto ruined it for all of us... It is what it is. Best to make your peace with it.

But really £1000 for a £170 RRP card.......ffs, what planet are we on?

Its £226 on Amazon for the same card, which probably would have been more beneficial to the planet remaining as sand....plus it'd be better value for money as sand too i guess.

Sponsored Links
its nor just Crypto tho ld say both the pandemic and Trump hasnt helped either as Trump placed sanctions on Semiconductors and the pandemic for obvious reasons caused even more supply chain issues which have caused a knock on effect which has been felt by many industries..

True, but the manufacturers inability to produce good quality, feature rich hardware which is better than what they produced 5 years ago is really trying now, isn't it. I find it amazing that some 2015 cards are just as decent as newly released tosh in 2022.

It's not just crypto but primarily the chronic semi conductor shortages which are hitting all industries, it's been challenging tracking down a PS5 for a friend and car prices are now so ridiculous I've given up on getting one for now.

There's not a budget GPU market at all at the moment, the 3050 looks a good card offering a bit more VRAM and DLSS/RT over the 1660 but way too expensive. If looking for a GPU and people can stretch to the £369 3060Ti (the cheapest Founder's Edition FE card which area always sold at RRP) then I'd recommend to signing up on PartAlert on Telegram which will give you an alert when these cards are in stock. The cards are sold through Scan so make sure you have a working account with them and your payment is set up as you'll need to be fast when you get the alert as the cards will quickly sell out.

It's still a lot of money but you're getting what you pay for with a decent modern GPU rather than paying over the odds for an old GPU or budget one.

Had to share this pearler........

Still, its the one card they have "in stock"!

The mind boggles. Shoot me now, please put me out of my misery someone. :/
Simply not the time to buy…unless you’re utterly desperate. As said silicon, cars amongst other things are completely ridiculous. Unfortunately it’s only going to get worse before it improves. 2022 will continue to be a rough ride.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules