Sponsored Links

Host recommendations please.

Hi I'm new to this forum as I'm starting to gather information for producing my first web page. I'm a photographer who sells off line, but I now feel a web selling point is needed.

My requirements are (In my inexperienced opion) basic.....

I will be displaying approximately 30.Mb of images, but this will probably increase some time in the future.

I want my web page to be fast loading for viewers and as reliable as you can expect to get from a good host.

My wife and I will be building it our selfs (she is a physicist and codes every day), so I feel confident our efforts will save money, but good support is needed to.

I know this request may appear to be ambiguous, but it's hard to see through the BS that comes up from searching for "web host reviews", a name or two of reputable companies would be a much appreciated start.

Many thanks, Scott.

Our other brand, XILO, could probably help.

£24.99 per year including a domain registration or transfer on the SH-1 package which would also have enough storage meeting your requirements.

Matt

it all depends on what your looking for.. if your looking for something that will be used allot then there are services out there that are worth looking into like the above.. however if its just a side project which wont be as busy and only get a few daily visits then maybe servage would be a good place to look at.. my friend uses them for backups of our dedicated server tho we used to host there, big sites (meaning lots and lots of users) generally hit script call limits which is why its useful to know your intentions as well as expected/estimated traffic.

Sponsored Links
Picking a good web host is often even more of a nightmare than choosing a good broadband provider, although these days storage space is cheap so you shouldn't have so much of a problem finding what you need in that respect. Still, hosts like Memset, Netcetera and Namesco have in the recent past won praise from the ISPA.

From experience, you get what you pay for. Pay peanuts and get a substandard web host. In the past I've had companies stop their payments and subsequently delete my account for none payment, when THEY did the cancelling of the payment!

Since then I've found one company I can trust and can't recommend them high enough.

Heart Internet are the guys. They may not be the cheapest but their control panel features are second to none. I can give my resold accounts as much, or as little control, as I see fit. Choose Windows or Linux. And all this is set up for my clients within an hour. If I get any problems, their support team answer my query in a timely manner.

I've dealt with companies ranging from ISPs (free accounts) to huge web hosting companies and can safely say that I would not take my business elsewhere :)

I hope this helps

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules