Sponsored Links

Host Recommondations

I'm currently redeveloping using wordpress for a site for a Charity I help out. It has a little custom PHP on top of wordpress.

I would rather manage wordpress myself (at minimum I can pick plugins to user, create own theme, added tables to DB).

Site requirements are quite low
*Linux Hosting
*.htaccess control, including url rewriting etc for supercache/nice urls
*Cheap (its for a charity after all)
*Bandwidth - 500mb a month
*75mb disk space
*1 mysql db
*Don't require domain to be transferred to them

Would be nice
*Shared ssl
*Access to raw logs

Zen, Memset, Namesco, UK2.net and Easyspace tend to be good but I can't speak for specific features. Access to raw logs might need a VPS or Dedicated server though, some shared hosts do it but rarely say that in the specs.

There are plenty of cheap hosts too but the service and support quality will suffer, a lot.

I use Terraprime, terraprime.co.uk for some of my websites. They haven't let me down to date. I design (free of charge I might add) web sites for local voluntary and community organisations and Terraprime host them with no charge other than domain name registration. It is worth having a look.

Sponsored Links
Sorry if this is a little late, all your requirements are covered in our cheapest Linux hosting plan which is £30+VAT per annum. This includes mod-rewrite, shared SSL, 10 MySQL databases and even the raw log files if you choose to enable them at no extra cost. Should you wish to tranfer your domain to us the renewal costs of 1 domain would be covered in the subscription. The disk space is set to 25Mb, but as a charity we will allow you to host upto 75Mb without additional charge.

http://www.icukhosting.co.uk/webhosting/hosting_plans.asp

We house plenty of charity sites if you want any references.

Paul Barnett

Sponsored Links
Re:

Do a Google search using the term “web hosting company” and you’ll get close to 5 million results.There are many different factors that may influence your choice such as Unlimited GB's of Space, Unlimited GB's of Transfer, Unlimited Domain Hosting, Unlimited E-Mail Accounts, Free Fantastico Script Installer, Fast Account Activation, Free Domain Privacy Protection and Money Back Guarantee.If you want information about top 10 web hosting service provider visit this site..

Been using UK2 for joomla site with custom php on it. Can't complain everything was great. And afair there was an access to raw logs. Ask your questions :smilet:

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules