Sponsored

Hostdepartment problems

DrT

Casual Member
Anyone here use Hostdepartment as a web site host?

I've been using their free hosting servoce for a couple of years, very happy with it - until - I found I couldn't log on to edit the site with the correct (I've checked) username and password.

Anyone had this experience?

I've tried using the controls to issue me a new password - but no emailed password ever arrives. So now presumably the account has a new password which is unknown to me.

Anyone got any suggestions how to contact them? They don't respond to emails from free hosting customers, and the only details I've been able to find are some US addresses.

I'll probably end up having to start a new site somewhere else and it'll take forever to get indexed by the search engines, and I'll have no way of knowing what other sites have a link to the old address, so I'm reluctant to do this unless I absolutely have to.

All comments would be welcome!

Alan

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I would look at the paid hosting there are many cheap ones around. I am hosted in the UK and the hosting company is very cheap considering others have to be hosted in the USA to get these prices.
check out nervehosting the servers are in london
I have been with this company for almost 12 months and they have recently moved all customers to the UK from the USA. I have found the service very good.

DrT

Casual Member
Thanks for the suggestion Kitty.

Although I would like to be able to stay with the current host and update the site, it looks as though I'll have to start a new site somewhere and I think I could run to the cost of a paid service if the service I get is better!

Mind you, I'd still like to be able to put a redirect on the old site until all the serach engines etc have caught onto the new one...

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sounds like a good idea I only used free space for around 3 months then moved to paid. Found the service a lot better, You got replies when you had problems. Even when the problem is just you are a novice at website building.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
DrT said:
Not that you were ever a raw novice I'm sure... at least not for long
:) learnt a little had plenty of help with my kittysworld site and since built a site for college course in notepad. I still feel I am a novice to plenty of people out there.

butler

ULTIMATE Member
This has to be the oldest thread to be resussitated does it not ?

23.08.04 16.01.2014 !!! wtf

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yep.. makes me feel old thinking of the decade difference though :).

butler

ULTIMATE Member
you are right there! as I get older decades seems to pass very quickly!!

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Worrying isn't it. When you're only 10 everything is so slow, then past about 30 it's as if the world kicks into super speed and I wish it didn't!

butler

ULTIMATE Member
wait until you hit your mid 50's!!
I remember how long the year before I was 16 was as I was desparate to get a moped (puch grand prix..quicker than a fizzy) Oh think of all the peeps who have most probably heard of neither LOL

Andy

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2513)
  2. FTTP (2208)
  3. FTTC (1660)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1429)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1240)
  8. Statistics (1100)
  9. FTTH (1077)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1040)
  11. Fibre Optic (970)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (910)
  14. 4G (901)
  15. Virgin Media (859)
  16. Sky Broadband (596)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (581)
  19. Vodafone (520)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules