Sponsored Links

Hostdepartment problems

DrT

Anyone here use Hostdepartment as a web site host?

I've been using their free hosting servoce for a couple of years, very happy with it - until - I found I couldn't log on to edit the site with the correct (I've checked) username and password.

Anyone had this experience?

I've tried using the controls to issue me a new password - but no emailed password ever arrives. So now presumably the account has a new password which is unknown to me.

Anyone got any suggestions how to contact them? They don't respond to emails from free hosting customers, and the only details I've been able to find are some US addresses.

I'll probably end up having to start a new site somewhere else and it'll take forever to get indexed by the search engines, and I'll have no way of knowing what other sites have a link to the old address, so I'm reluctant to do this unless I absolutely have to.

All comments would be welcome!

Alan

I would look at the paid hosting there are many cheap ones around. I am hosted in the UK and the hosting company is very cheap considering others have to be hosted in the USA to get these prices.
check out nervehosting the servers are in london
I have been with this company for almost 12 months and they have recently moved all customers to the UK from the USA. I have found the service very good.

Thanks for the suggestion Kitty.

Although I would like to be able to stay with the current host and update the site, it looks as though I'll have to start a new site somewhere and I think I could run to the cost of a paid service if the service I get is better!

Mind you, I'd still like to be able to put a redirect on the old site until all the serach engines etc have caught onto the new one...

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a good idea I only used free space for around 3 months then moved to paid. Found the service a lot better, You got replies when you had problems. Even when the problem is just you are a novice at website building.

DrT said:
Not that you were ever a raw novice I'm sure... at least not for long
:) learnt a little had plenty of help with my kittysworld site and since built a site for college course in notepad. I still feel I am a novice to plenty of people out there.

Sponsored Links
Yep.. makes me feel old thinking of the decade difference though :).

Worrying isn't it. When you're only 10 everything is so slow, then past about 30 it's as if the world kicks into super speed and I wish it didn't!

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules