Sponsored Links

How do I best leave Pipex home call.

Hello,
I was a bulldog customer before they were bought out by pipex and since then its gone from bad to worse (im not bt line its pipex everything).

It came to a head this morning when we got some malicious phone calls during the night and pipex representative didn't even know what 1471 was and how someone could withheld there number, THEN they try to get me to pay £150 for the privalege of them investigating the malicious phone calls.

So I want to leave pipex get back on BT and find a good isp how do I best cancel what will be the quickest way, do I need a mac code from pipex or can I just call BT and get them to switch us back over ?

Anyone got any experience with this and how long it will take.

Thank you for any help

The complexity and cost of this somewhat depends upon whether Tiscali (Pipex) have moved your line and broadband onto their unbundled (LLU) service or not. However, provided you're out of contract on both packages, you should just be able to cancel the telephone line and move back to BT, likewise you can request a migration code (MAC) for the broadband and they would be required to issue that within 5 "working" days.

Naturally having both your broadband and telephone line rental from Pipex is likely to cause some problems, which could result in a loss of service for several days or weeks depending on the specifics of your situation. Your first port of call should be to give BT a call and explain your situation, they'll be able to help with the line rental side and tell you what to do.

For broadband it's a bit more complicated, if it's a bundle you'll need to request a MAC and cancel both services at the same time (after talking to BT), though if the broadband is a separate package then you might be better off requesting a MAC and cancelling after the separate line rental change process has begun.

Being on Pipex’s platform for line rental can also cause problems if you want to signup for broadband with another unbundled (LLU) ISP, so you might initially be better off picking a BT based provider like IDNet, Fast.co.uk or Zen for broadband with a short monthly contract.

REMEBER, Tiscali are a crafty bunch so make sure to log all your communications and request any cancellations be confirmed in writing. You don’t want to find yourself still being billed for a service you don’t receive.

I wish I knew! We've been trying to leave Home Call since October and have had no joy. We are getting frequent calls from their credit control saying money is outstanding. We've had communications from their head of complaints, the chief exec and even someone who works for Silvio Berlusconi (owns Tiscali) saying it will be resolved. It never is. Now we're going the legal route. Will be glad when this is all over and done with. At least we managed to move our broadband away though that was a battle too!

Sponsored Links
Pipex certainly made me work for my MAC code!

I requested MAC by phone on Monday, and was contacted on Tue to be advised that the request to generate the code had "failed due to a technical problem". OK, so did they automatically resume the process for me? No.

On Wed I returned yet another call to them, and instead of confirming that my MAC request was now being processed, they offered me an upgrade. I said I'd consider it. However I was "not allowed" to have my MAC code whilst the offer of the upgrade was on the table. Hmmm.

Turned their kind offer of an upgrade down Thu am and requested my MAC code within the 5 days allowed (legal maximum) of my original request. Pipex then called me again in the afternoon to say that this request has also not been sucessful. The agent's English was quite poor and she couldn't answer my questions.

I called them back after a couple of hours, and after a bit of a moan the agent gave me the MAC code verbally. Best thing they've done for me in weeks! Shame I've had to pay for 30 mins cumulative calls to them for such a simple request!!!

Bye Bye Pipex.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules