Sponsored Links

How does one escape from the 'madasafish' tank?

Hello..
I am posting on behalf of my mother who, guess what, cannot login! It is currently taking her three days to collect her own 'test-messages'....so she has decided to 'kiss the fish goodbye'. She called her bank today to stop payments, but was told that because she is paying by SWITCH, the bank cannot decline payment requests made by Worldpay.....she has been advised to contact Worldpay directly, but we are rather sceptical (jeez- I wonder why?) about getting any response from them....MAAF recently emailed her saying her 'contract'.....(first we had heard about that!!) is up for renewal mid-December......Anyone know what she can do? I mean if they are now saying she is under 12 month contract then it may be even more difficult for her to extract herself if they succeed in getting the first payment!
Please help....!

Fiona

After about a week with MaaF's rather hit and miss service (mail server's sometimes worked, sometimes didn't, webspace wasn't accessible at all), I e-mailed their support-desk telling them that I wished to cancel. Here's what I got:

"Thank you for your email.

We are sorry you have decided not to stay with Madasafish. As stated in the terms and conditions you are bound to madasafish for a minimum of one year, we will however cancel your account with us as requested. You will still have £12.99 debited from your account. We can't give you a full refund I'm afraid.

Kind Regards

Madasafish Internet Support
<a href="http://www.madasafish.com"" target="_blank">www.madasafish.com"</a>

So I guess now it's waiting to see if they honour their own promise and don't take any more than the first month's £12.99. I'm hopeful this is it, but if they continue to debit my card, I'll be on them like a rabid rottweiler.

That sounds promising. I think I might do the same thing and go in search of a real ISP. Wish me luck! :)

Sponsored Links
Here are some details about MAAF.
I managed to cancel through Worldpay without any bother.
Worldpay are also interested in why people are cancelling.
Good Luck

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Lloyd, Ian (FTWNVMEYBO) dns@BRIGHTVIEW.LTD.UK
Brightview Ltd
24-25 Nutford Place
London
UK 44 20 7725 7020
Fax- 44 20 7725 7019
Billing Contact:
David, Sterling (SDD406) sterling@BRIGHTVIEW.LTD.UK
Brightview Ltd
53 Brooks Mews
London, London W1K 4EF
GB
0778 590 4385

Record last updated on 30-Oct-2001

Hope it helps.
Dirtyweeker
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Im fed up with their service as well!It sometimes takes me 5 or 10 attempts to connect and i cannot recive my mail most of my time, im going into the wolrdpay website to cancel if they will let me!!!!(yeah right)

I cancelled with Madasafish 2hrs after going onto their unmetered service. Used to use them on PAYG as back up before then. Anyway, when they didn't reply I telephoned and then I received an email telling me they had cancelled the account. When I later found they'd still taken 12.99, I mailed and complained that if they were charging for a month they should have stated the service was available until a certain date or cancelled the charge. Got a reply that the money would be refunded (I'm saving the email)!!! Haven't got the refund yet, but I will!!!

See my post in the Madasafish/Worldpay thread for some needed advice.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules