Sponsored Links

How long till FTTP available to order?

superfire

Recently I've been seeing engineers pulling fibre through ducting and attaching CBTs to the top of poles opposite my street (only houses on one side), in what I assume is part of an FTTP rollout as a result of USO. However, no details of the installation appear on Openreach's website or the DSLChecker and was wondering how often users usually have to wait before FTTP is available to order after this stage?

(I also noted that engineer appointments are being delayed till after 1st March however we also have well under the 30mbps catchment clause so I am also unaware how that works or impacts the timeline)

It would help to know where this is? Also does Openreach's checker say FTTP is coming when you put your address into it?

Generally it can take anything from a few weeks to several months or 12-18 months before the service goes live, depending upon various issues. So it's a bit "how long is a piece of string" for the ordinary end-user.

I saw the engineers pulling the fibre on a neighbouring street, which is served by my "trunk" road, on 10th January. I was able to place my order for FTTP 900 on Friday, 12th February, having checked the BT Wholesale checker every day since that initial discovery.

I have an installation date of 19th April which is the earliest date I could book for.

Sponsored Links
Hi there thanks for the reply,

The postcode is CR05HL for which the OR checker doesn't say anything about an FTTP installation, only that FTTC is on its way even though its already available (however the cab is currently full to my knowledge).

If I had to guess (and hope) I would assume it would be something like @mutneylef 's situation however I do get that it could very well be far longer and shouldn't get my hopes up. Was your installation date with the 30mbps escalation?
Thanks!

So I had a little look at the area and couldn't see any nearby Openreach FTTP builds, but I did notice that Community Fibre's rollout was getting much closer to that area. Except CF tend to be more focused upon social housing, but they are actively expanding ever closer to your postcode. But Virgin Media's network is currently the closest to you of the gigabit-capable platforms.

Hi there thanks for the reply,

The postcode is CR05HL for which the OR checker doesn't say anything about an FTTP installation, only that FTTC is on its way even though its already available (however the cab is currently full to my knowledge).

If I had to guess (and hope) I would assume it would be something like @mutneylef 's situation however I do get that it could very well be far longer and shouldn't get my hopes up. Was your installation date with the 30mbps escalation?
Thanks!
We have had FTTC since we moved to the development in 2014 (one of the first houses here).

Notwithstanding my 19th April installation date, Openreach are currently outside my house pulling the fibre from the footpath to the grey box on the outside of my house where the normal copper lines enter.

Hi everyone just thought I should give a little update,

FTTP went live on Sunday after I happened to do my daily check of Openreach's website and proceeded to order a connection. As others seem to have experienced, the time slot given for the 1 stage install is nearly 3 months away however as we have far less than 30mbps I am hoping to receive a phone call tomorrow about an install at a closer date. It seems that BT have kept to the their deadlines as the network has become available within 12months. However, I thought it was interesting to note that neither Openreach's website nor their representatives (am still waiting for a response about availability from over 3 weeks ago) knew the build was happening until it suddenly went live.

Hope this provides a glimmer of hope for others out there and have a good day!

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules