Sponsored

How to get your MAC Code !!!

steve_kaye

ISP Rep
Hi all,

Simply call BT's Tag online team on 0800 169 0934 press option 1

It also looks like the really clever people / person left at Biscit has blocked access to some of the websites of their competitors !:laugh:

Obvoiusly Mr Relevy does'nt think he can compete !

Last edited:

Paulplex

ISP Rep
It also looks like the really clever people / person left at Biscit has blocked access to some of the webistes of their competitors !:laugh:

...erm, if you've filed for liquidation, surely you can't compete anyway? Or did nobody tell Nathan that? :D

km44

It sure surprised me and it worked

Mac code received valid until 25/3, then phone same again if needed. All seems far to easy ? Thanks steve and good luck all.

Skip_intro

Well, I rang the number and berger me if it didn't result in a MAC for me!

That's the number I had from ellison last night, but thanks for putting it into a thread.

steve_kaye

ISP Rep
I hope you all get a better service now where ever you go ..... broadband should be enjoyable not this much hassle.

dubbie

Ello Ello, did someone say they got a MAC issued by BT?
Has anyone who is supplied by EURISP/ YOUR TELECOM tried this method as EURISP posted saying they couldn't provide MACs only yesterday.
If so I'll def have a go!! Wot a flipin' palava! I will feel a little deflated once it's all over, maybe I'm turning into a masochist! Adios..

steve_kaye

ISP Rep
I think this method will only work for the Biscit customers, not the one's with MAXSURF as their realm name. BT are helping the customers get out of this mess.

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
I think your right their Steve I'm with Eurisp and they refused to give me a MAC.

Fast 4 was one of the Isp's I was considering and they use Eurisp

I did email Eurisp last week about the possibility of migrating over but as yet had no reply.

jack8

Pro Member
Thanks for this when I phone I press one then what do I do. It seems to give me other options.

Thanks for your help

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Hi all,

Simply call BT's Tag online team on 0800 169 0934 press option 1

It also looks like the really clever people / person left at Biscit has blocked access to some of the websites of their competitors !:laugh:

Maybe he's trying to block potential sources of spam emails

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
By the way it can be well worth checking the cashback sites to see if a cashback is available for joining your chosen ISP - several ISPs are covered.

I wouldn't recommend choosing an ISP based on getting or the size of the cash back though.

For example there's a £40 cashback (£34.95 after deductions) for joining BT Broadband via Quidco :- http://www.quidco.com/bt-broadband/ so if you're going to BT anyway it would be daft not to take advantage. There are also discounts for AOL, Bethere and others. And Rpoints has a small discount for eclipse.

dubbie

Hmm, thats about as I guessed it would be. I know EURISP have pledged to keep my BB on, but I have sourced another provider and surely if they are following the latest instruction from OFCOM, no provider, wholesale or reseller has the right to hang on to MAC codes, whatever the circumstances.
I just want to migrate my way out of this mess!!

NetFan

Top Member
So do I keep pressing option 1 as I go though the various menus or what is the order ? I guess it's not worth it as I have a maxsurf / eurisp ID anyway

Skip_intro

Thanks for this when I phone I press one then what do I do. It seems to give me other options.

Thanks for your help
Option 1 tells you about tags on the line, then you need to press option 1 again to query the tag. A nice young lady then asks for your name and number and within a minute, you have a MAC.

End of. :cool:

Last edited:

andyk0903

Casual Member
All I get is an automated message saying that the helpdesk cannot help me! End users should contact their service provider! Lot of help that one! Bah! Just when you think you're getting somewhere.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Hmm, thats about as I guessed it would be. I know EURISP have pledged to keep my BB on, but I have sourced another provider and surely if they are following the latest instruction from OFCOM, no provider, wholesale or reseller has the right to hang on to MAC codes, whatever the circumstances.
I just want to migrate my way out of this mess!!

As Eurisp can show that it woud cost them too much to supply the MACs they are still inside the OFCOM rules. They dont have large callcentre they are a wholeseller. This mess is not of Eurisps doing they are also victims of the bad managment of the Biscit company who failed to keep up with payments which isn't suprising when they wasn't getting paid by some of the customers..

Hope Steve Kaye hasn't released the phone number to help people get MACs when for legal reasons they wasn't supposed to have MACs. It is a difficult mess but those Biscit customers was par t of the assets to draw money in to pay creditors which Steve Kaye is one. MPO is these MAC shouldn't have ben released to Biscit customers.

Please do not advertise your company in another ISPs specific forum Steve Kaye you know the rules Biscit might be in administration but our rules are still in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robg2

Not so quick! - Didn't work for me.
Spoke to a helpful chap who said they've been given a list of about 5000 Biscit customers whom they can help. When he checked my phone number he said I wasn't on the list and that a check on my line showed the supplier was "Yourcommunications" ?
I'm trying to find out more.

NetFan

Top Member
Nah pressing 2 just gives a msg telling you to contact your ISP etc. Oh well maybe I will get this wonderful MAC no sometime this year then !

timetogo

I wasn't on the list and that a check on my line showed the supplier was "Yourcommunications" ?
I'm trying to find out more.

This would mean you are a maxsurf ( EURISP ) customer, so no you won't be on the list.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2509)
  2. FTTP (2196)
  3. FTTC (1657)
  4. Building Digital UK (1606)
  5. Politics (1425)
  6. Openreach (1417)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1072)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1037)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (898)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (579)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (412)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules