Sponsored

How to get your MAC Code !!!

dubbie

I think your missing the point, I'm not blaming EURISP or YOUR telecomm, I know they are also suffering as a result of all this. It is just the fact that "the customer" pays for a service on "their" telephone line and then are repeatedly told by all parties who look after the infrastructure that nothing can be done, how is this legal? Oh by the way, many of us ex Bis/V21 customers were more than happy to pay for a service, we didn't decide "en mass" not to pay anything since December last year, that's Biscits look out, oh and nobody answered the phones when you tried to tell them about it.

km44

Biscit customer I just got my mac code

The number then option 1 and option 1 again should put you through if not to busy.
I have just subscribed to sky broadband as I have a tv package with them, They are offering a good deal if you already have a package. Their service can only improve and they are at the moment investing big time.
Good luck all.

NimbyDagda

Well it worked for me, the woman did say there were only certain ones they could help, but mine was one of them, so I have a shiny MAC, and have signed up with Vispa (since I went to school with some of the guys that work there)

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I think your missing the point, I'm not blaming EURISP or YOUR telecomm, I know they are also suffering as a result of all this. It is just the fact that "the customer" pays for a service on "their" telephone line and then are repeatedly told by all parties who look after the infrastructure that nothing can be done, how is this legal? Oh by the way, many of us ex Bis/V21 customers were more than happy to pay for a service, we didn't decide "en mass" not to pay anything since December last year, that's Biscits look out, oh and nobody answered the phones when you tried to tell them about it.

The way I read the relevant clause in GC22 if you have been unable to obtain a MAC from the administrators and Eurisp (who have stated that they are currently unable to supply one) then you should be able to go further up the supply chain to Thus and ultimately BT Wholesale. Apparently this is not what's happening though :shrug:

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Hope Steve Kaye hasn't released the phone number to help people get MACs when for legal reasons they wasn't supposed to have MACs. It is a difficult mess but those Biscit customers was par t of the assets to draw money in to pay creditors which Steve Kaye is one. MPO is these MAC shouldn't have ben released to Biscit customers.

The Tag on line number was already suggested in another thread and several people (all on the Biscit realm I think) had already obtained their MAC after confirming that they'd previously requested a MAC from Biscit, although others had been declined.

Skip_intro

Ellison gave me the number last night and I rang this morning from work after reading Steve_Kaye's post.

I did say I was a BISCit customer without prompting, but I wasn't asked if I'd already asked BISCit for a MAC, which I had, ironically. Just took my name and number and read out the info very slowly and phonetically, "Lima Yankee November Echo" etc. so I could write it down correctly. No mention of lists or how many people involved, but I assume some checking went on, but it wasn't more than a minute on hold.

Your milage may vary, obviously.

jack8

Pro Member
Just phoned them and got though to a very helpful young lady. It would appear this is the first day they can release any codes. I have just been given mine.

So thanks Mr Kaye

ellen

Casual Member
Yippie,

Thanks to all concerned for obtaining this information.

Yes, Biscit people on the list are being issued with MAc codes now! People very sympathetic.

Now all I have to do is to choose a new ISP.

Ellen

flojo

Thank you Steve Kaye, your help is appreciated and many are happy to have MACS but not sure why Kits is no so keen for people. (?)

Cold Fusion

I hope this is 'official' and not an underhand way of getting to your MAC, although I want one id rather try to avoid any headaches in the future once the legalities of Biscit are known?

Any idea of the opening hours of this service

NimbyDagda

Thank you Steve Kaye, your help is appreciated and many are happy to have MACS but not sure why Kits is no so keen for people. (?)

I think Kits is just worried, about any issues, especially due to Steve Kaye's conflict of interests.

ptanser

I have just called the number as was told I am not a Biscit customer (even though I was with V21 and then Biscit when they took over) and have been told to ring Your Communications and they will give me my Mac I was even given a ref number from BT in case Your Communications want to speak to them.

I have rang you comms however the managers are in a meeting until 4:30 but I have been "promised" a call back, hopefully with my Mac Code

andyk0903

Casual Member
Have just spoken to BTw who said that Your Communications are my provider, not BT. I phoned Your Communications/Thus/Demon and was told that they do not have my account details and I should contact Biscit?? I explained that BT said that Your Communications were my provider, after being put on hold (again) I was told that I had been put through to Demon and they did not hold my account details. They gave me a number for Thus who took over YourCommunications and they took my details and said that I would be rung back post 4pm. As soon as I hung up, BTw rang with a MAC generated by Biscit???? The number for Thus is 0845 00900801

furry_gizmo

Why can't we get a definite answer/resolution to this from one source?

We have had offers from Breathe, Fast4 and now Fast.co.uk. Some people can have MAC's whilst others can't.

The Biscit/V21 web sites are still up and running with no details or information. We have had no news from the Administrators, and Ofcom are almost deafing in their silence!

ALL WE WANT IS A MAC and a simple, fast resolution to the mess the cutomers have been left in. We should not bear any costs and we don't want to pay to be transfered as we have already paid to obtain BB.

Irrespective of who own's the customer base/debts/assets, none of this debacle is the fault of us, the victims of this farce.

Someone, please, Ofcom, Piper-Thompson, BT Wholesale, please give us a response!!!!! Have none of you ever heard of Customer Service? Even if the news is bad news, it is still news and not keeping us in the dark.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting up my nose, and has been since Biscit acknowledged my request for a MAC on 23 Feb!

ajr595

Casual Member
The BT Tag number given works for Naims customers - just got my MAC code! Wonderful - and many thanks to Steve and others here.

Freedom...

dubbie

Hello again, I don't know how u guys do it? I have for the last week been phoning BT, Your, EURISP etc, etc. This is how it goes ..BT say speak to Your who say speak to EURISP who say I'm not one of their customers, I'm a Biscit customer, I have even spoken to management at EURISP explaining I know they supply me because any speed test site reports EURISP as my ISP.
The whole situation stinks of people protecting their own interests and not paying heed to OFCOM who are very much a toothless tiger in all this.
Yes, my Broadband is still on (i think), well it was this morning, it is just the simple fact that NOBODY has the right to withhold the information I am requesting for whatever reason, plain and simple. Imagine the outcry if all those who have migrated away from BT for reduced call packages were told by BT, "sorry we cant do that , why?, ermmm we can't tell you, but we cant!!" Rant Over

jack8

Pro Member
Yes it is strange how for some it seems to be moving on while others are having so many problems.

I would like to say what a great help this site has been in keeping us informed and hope for all left waiting can move on soon.

furry_gizmo

Exactly jcak8, nobody is angry or upset with this site or forum, and everyone here has been very helpful.

It is the likes of Piper-Thompson, Ofcom etc who are not helping.

I too have just phoned the BT no, only to be told I am with Eurisp and my details have been emailed to the BT team dealing with this.

It seems that BT may be trying to help in a quiet way.

dubbie

I'd like to echo those comments, if it were'nt for Kits and all the regulars here, there would be nowhere to let off steam, or pass relevent info.
Thanks to all of you for trying to keep us informed, shame the goal posts keep getting moved.
I just feel sorry for any of the remaining 30,000 V21 customers who havent found this site.

All the best ...Chris

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £24.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4210)
  2. BT (3182)
  3. Politics (2151)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1867)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1630)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1398)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1301)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1246)
  15. Wireless Internet (1244)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (923)
  18. EE (920)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules