Sponsored

How to get your MAC Code !!!

Cold Fusion

Oh there are goal posts, they're just behind a wall and painted in camoflague

Still no official confirmation that this is the way for bb-1.bisicit.co.uk users to get MAC codes ?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
I too have just phoned the BT no, only to be told I am with Eurisp and my details have been emailed to the BT team dealing with this.

It seems that BT may be trying to help in a quiet way.

I guess it will be more difficult for BT to identify V21 maxsurf customers.

BT can identify Biscit customers just by their tag, I guess V21 Maxsurf customers on the other hand would show up on their system as Your Communications customers, many (the majority no doubt) of which are not with V21/biscit and therefor should not be provided with a MAC

hawkeye

I have just joined this forum site to say thanks to all the people who have been offering advice on mac codes and of course all the general comments as regards the biscit fiasco. Thanks to your forum I have managed to get my mac number from BT today from the 0800 169 0934 number which you posted. Good luck to everyone still trying to get their mac numbers. I am sure that the action taken by bt and all the other parties was partly down to the continual postings people were putting on this site. Now I have joined this site I will in visit it to keep in touch with whats going on and just maybe have a suggestion to make which will help others the way the members of this site have certainly helped me. Even if I had not obtained my mac now I would certainly have been helped just knowing what others were doing and saying. Once again, many thanks to all. Power to the people!!!!

dubbie

Mel, that is exactly the case, When I speak to BT I'm told they don't provide my broadband, end of ...it's Your Communications, which is odd because I, like many others are of the opinion that in the end BTW supplies the whole lot...

sssikuk

Mel, that is exactly the case, When I speak to BT I'm told they don't provide my broadband, end of ...it's Your Communications, which is odd because I, like many others are of the opinion that in the end BTW supplies the whole lot...

Same with me.
They told me they can provide MAC for BISCIT customers only. They said V21 customers were resold to Your Communications.
I have contacted Eurisp who will not provide a MAC. Who are Your Communications? How do we get in touch with them?

LightningMk6

Casual Member
I think this method will only work for the Biscit customers, not the one's with MAXSURF as their realm name. BT are helping the customers get out of this mess.

Just tried that Steve, and guess what? no MAC Code, I got told BT are in the process of contacting Biscit customers and issuing MAC codes, the guy said he was unable to hand out my code. Could be I got the wrong guy. So back to the waiting game. Thanks for the information anyway.

ellen

Casual Member
Just informed Ofcom of the developments. They didn't know!

What of all the Biscit customers who don't now about ISP Review? Thank goodness for this website.

Ellen

BreatheCEO

MAC Code Confirmation

Hello.

We have confirmed that this MAC code information is correct and we will be posting the information at http://www.breatheinternet.com/biscit and also informing our Call Centre so that they can tell anyone who calls.

I would advise any Biscit/V21 dial customers to make alternative arrangements as quickly as possible - everyone seems to be focusing on the Broadband, but the majority of the customers are actually dial-up.

I suggest that they look for an alternative dial-up provider ASAP because once the Biscit/V21 ports are switched-off they may be without an Internet connection.

Good luck everyone!

curtis

Top Member
To ellen

Yes I agree with you that this web site is Brill:D because without it Nobody would the wiser to these cowboy ISP's:( So keep up the good work markj kits & mel & everybody else your are all great guys & gals:nod:

dubbie

Hold your horses, I'm on the phone now to Your Communications who surprisingly tell me the management team are all in meetings. I just happened to mention that BT are currently issuing MACs to ex biscit customers and we would appreciate the same support, and the bit about OFCOMs new regs, now they will call back with new info, are we getting somewhere or another smoke screen?

jack8

Pro Member
Yes I have been lookin in on this site for the last 3 years or so , but only joined because of the biscit saga.

Sorry to say I think i will be staying here in future. :laugh:

kelbag

Sorry Marcus, I've just spoken to your customer support people who are quoting the same script as yesterday, i.e. no support, no information, no MAC codes. Apparently the man I spoke to said the info on the website was now wrong and was getting updated. Any idea what's going on or what we now do? Any help would be appreciated as you have gone above and beyond the call of duty so far considering none of this is in your lap

Cold Fusion

It looks like OFCOM have actually managed to organise something for the customers effected. BT may have been able to get this underway faster than THUS who maybe holding meetings on the subject and will provide thier customers with this information soon. Its just the fact that it took Steve kaye to tell us this thats abit irking

Naimspeople

ISP Rep
It also looks like the really clever people / person left at Biscit has blocked access to some of the websites of their competitors !:laugh:

Obvoiusly Mr Relevy does'nt think he can compete !

Steve , We appreciate this statement has an element of suggestion, but it does look a little libelous to us.

Naims.co.uk

BreatheCEO

Sorry Marcus, I've just spoken to your customer support people who are quoting the same script as yesterday, i.e. no support, no information, no MAC codes. Apparently the man I spoke to said the info on the website was now wrong and was getting updated. Any idea what's going on or what we now do? Any help would be appreciated as you have gone above and beyond the call of duty so far considering none of this is in your lap

I will check if anything has changed, and whether or not BT are still issuing the codes and post back here when I learn anything.

etiger

Casual Member
Just been off the phone with THUS, it looks like they will be following suit and issuing MAC codes soon. I have been told a call back with an update before 5:30pm.

Maybe we are getting somewhere!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £20.00
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £25.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4198)
  2. BT (3177)
  3. Politics (2146)
  4. Building Digital UK (2040)
  5. Openreach (1994)
  6. FTTC (1930)
  7. Business (1865)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1627)
  9. Statistics (1524)
  10. 4G (1395)
  11. FTTH (1371)
  12. Virgin Media (1299)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1249)
  14. Fibre Optic (1246)
  15. Wireless Internet (1244)
  16. Vodafone (937)
  17. 5G (920)
  18. EE (917)
  19. TalkTalk (831)
  20. Sky Broadband (794)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules