Sponsored

How to get your MAC Code !!!

dubbie

Hi all, Been away from PC / phone for a few hours, did any of u who like me are with maxsurf (Your/Thus/EURISP), circle where applicable :) and are awaiting a call back from them with mac info.
Has anybody a. Got a code or b. been called back as promised.
My phone has remained strangely silent, so I guess I've been fobbed off yet again, why can't these buggers be as honest as BT and just hand it over, the yobs!!

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
BT is a larger company and can carry losses better than the smaller company who will perhaps have been working on a smaller profit margin.

kai_soze

well first thing tomz, im ringing around like a mad man tracing my MAC code, coz if i dont i can see it, ill end up with no mac code and no internet

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yes I was told this on the phone but why are those on eurisp not being given a MAC on request...(s)Ofcom need to 'get tough' with this asap
OFCOM has a clause that if they can show it would cost too much money to supply MAC codes. As Eurisp is a wholeseller they do not have large callcentres so the cost of paying overtime to generate and distribut ethe MACs would be high, they also perhaps had in the contract that if bills was unpaid the database becomes theirs and are trying to find a partner with the facilities to accept the customers from Biscit. I dont kow if this is true but I do kow its a practise used by some wholesellers s backup to recover debt. Telephonica use to have this in their contracts to help recover debt.

I have emailed Tim again asking for an update on the situation but they will not disconnect anyone.

andyk0903

Casual Member
Hi all, Been away from PC / phone for a few hours, did any of u who like me are with maxsurf (Your/Thus/EURISP), circle where applicable :) and are awaiting a call back from them with mac info.
Has anybody a. Got a code or b. been called back as promised.
My phone has remained strangely silent, so I guess I've been fobbed off yet again, why can't these buggers be as honest as BT and just hand it over, the yobs!!
Yes, they called back. EurISP have not released any MAC codes yet. They said wait until tomorrow and they will call again. I guess they were inundated with calls and therefore had too many people to phone before they went home. I know it's unsettling but, I think that Thus and Bt are doing what they can. They are at least keeping us connected.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Yes, they called back. EurISP have not released any MAC codes yet. They said wait until tomorrow and they will call again. I guess they were inundated with calls and therefore had too many people to phone before they went home. I know it's unsettling but, I think that Thus and Bt are doing what they can. They are at least keeping us connected.
True and Eurisp is allowing EU to report faults and they will check which means they can atleast get back online if they lose connection. More than tey could have expected from Biscit with no support staff to deal with faults.

jertzy

there's absolutely nowt wrong wiv a free v21 broadband connection....maybe this is the way forward lol..................

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
there's absolutely nowt wrong wiv a free v21 broadband connection....maybe this is the way forward lol..................
If you are on BTs connection the MAC codes being handed out seem to be only for 10 days which might mean after 10 days those not collecting the mac might find themselves moved to another ISP or disconnected can't see them giving perminant free BB.

jertzy

If you are on BTs connection the MAC codes being handed out seem to be only for 10 days which might mean after 10 days those not collecting the mac might find themselves moved to another ISP or disconnected can't see them giving perminant free BB.
I was only joking in the face of dispair...! I'd happily pay for a MAC right now. I'm just glad you n this site are here otherwise i'd be completely clueless....

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I was only joking in the face of dispair...! I'd happily pay for a MAC right now. I'm just glad you n this site are here otherwise i'd be completely clueless....
There are still many out there that are clueless and don't know whats happening sadly. :(

dubbie

Maybe I am being over cynical of the whole situation here, but I'm sure I cant be the only one here thinking the following...
1. Biscit goes bust, owing many people including BT, Eurisp, Thus and V21 ex directors cash.
2. Breathe offer to step in and buy up biscit's customers but not absorb any debts.
3. Breathe do a massive U turn and pull out due to legal complications between biscit and the companies it owes money to.
4. Fast 4 (Steve ex v21) and other companies start mailing people with "rescue" offers of immediate transfer to their networks.
Fast 4 is supplied by EURISP / Thus(Your Telecomm).
5. BT fly in the face of all of the above and start issuing MACs to BT supplied biscit customers. Thats's really torn it!!
6. Despite all the posts on here, emails and phone calls, Thus & EURSIP refuse to hand out MACs, blaming BT, each other etc, etc.
You can see a pattern with all this, all of the above companies and individuals must have lost considerable income and face the prospect of losing a large chunk of customers as well. So if we sign up with any provider supplied by these companies, it will be instant because we are already served by their BB wholesale provider, no need for a MAC.
BT too have lost money, but are frankly big enough not to give a toss and maybe have a more "customercentric" approach.
I don't have any arguement with people protecting their interests but why not just come out and say it, let the consumer decide...
NB* Oops Eurisp's site is down, why do I have that sinking feeling, goodnight all, best of luck.

Last edited:

john67

I rang BT this morning and was given my MAC immediately. Thanks everyone for your threads on this subject which is now starting to get ridiculous.
Now the million dollar question. Who do I migrate to ???

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited (FUP)
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2555)
  2. FTTP (2300)
  3. FTTC (1688)
  4. Building Digital UK (1627)
  5. Politics (1462)
  6. Openreach (1445)
  7. Business (1277)
  8. FTTH (1131)
  9. Statistics (1119)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1070)
  11. Fibre Optic (987)
  12. Wireless Internet (932)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (931)
  14. 4G (927)
  15. Virgin Media (876)
  16. EE (607)
  17. Sky Broadband (602)
  18. TalkTalk (588)
  19. Vodafone (543)
  20. 3G (418)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules