Sponsored

How to get your MAC Code !!!

ptanser

I spoke to the administrators and they put me through to BTW who told me I was with Your Comms, (I already know this), I called the administrators back I they are going to speak to Ofcom

I then Called EURISP again to be told the reason that they can't give me my MAC is because I am an end user, I informed them that Ofcom says they can, and I was told that they had not made a decision to whether or not to keep us as customers.

I said fine give me my MAC CODE, but hence no joy.

and as for THUS saying that we have to go to biscit for our mac codes its nice of them to waste over a week of my time saying that they would sort it.

kelbag

Here's an idea, why not cane the downloads so they get rid of us and they would have to issue mac codes then. Thats how i got away from talk talk a few years ago lol

Skip_intro

My wife couldn't log into Hotmail today and is still unavailable as of 5 minutes ago. Surely BISCit haven't banjanxed MicroSoft sites totally?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Have a few on my msn not logged in but talking to them on irc its msn issue as they are not biscit customers.. Come one don't g et paranoid when you are almost out of the dark side and into the light. :)

Skip_intro

In my experience, sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming the other way! :laugh:

Last edited:

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
In my experience, sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming the other way! :laugh:

Cheers for giving me a good laugh I needed that :laugh: :laugh:

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this thread for their efforts, which have guided me what to do.
I phoned BT wholesale on Thursday night, got a MAC code there and then. I have signed up for ADSL24 (seemed to have good reviews and a package that suits me), with an activation date of 27/3. The only probelm is that the recent BTW announcement is that I will be garden walled from next Monday. I was with Biscit Homemax, so I placed an order on BT to transfer my line on Tuesday.
Without these forums, over the last week or so I wouldn't have had a clue what was happening. Looking at probelems others are haveing who are with other wholesale proveiders I think I am lucky.

I was with V21 for 3 years, who were OK-ish, but once Biscit took over I must say I have nerver come across an orgainsiation as incompetent as them - not surprising they went bust.

TrevIs65

Hi all,

Simply call BT's Tag online team on 0800 169 0934 press option 1

It also looks like the really clever people / person left at Biscit has blocked access to some of the websites of their competitors !:laugh:

Obvoiusly Mr Relevy does'nt think he can compete !
Thanks Steve and others on this forum who have been extremely helpful.

I've just got my (Big!) MAC !!!!! Still gave an expiry date of 25th. Good service (after 22:00 tonight).

I also could not make outgoing calls on my phone, so I prefixed the call with 1280 to route the call back through BT, which worked.

I've also switch my calls to BT Option 2 ( Free evening and W/E calls for a year.) Just need to sort out a reliable unbundled ISP for a year or so. I've only got a couple of days to do this. I'll probably go with BT Total Broadband Option 1, I'm sure 5GB bandwidth will do for me.

................I'm taking my wife away for a couple of weeks in the sun to recuperate.

Jeezeypeeps

Casual Member
Looks like EURISP are the ones dragging their feet now. When I do eventually get a MAC I'll make damn sure my new ISP isn't a EURISP customer :mad:

If you're reading this EURISP......GET A MOVE ON :eek: :eek: :eek: You're starting to look incompetent :mad:

kelbag

Looks like EURISP are the ones dragging their feet now. When I do eventually get a MAC I'll make damn sure my new ISP isn't a EURISP customer :mad:

If you're reading this EURISP......GET A MOVE ON :eek: :eek: :eek: You're starting to look incompetent :mad:
Starting?????? I'd say they've already accomplished it

nezona

Mac code Solution - finally!

Hi there,

I used to work for an ISP, so I know how difficult it can be to not only get a mac code but a working one, only to have to go back and start all over again.

I found a really useful website today, that has some great information mac code's and even a validty checker.

Mac Code help

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.99 (*34.99)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2513)
  2. FTTP (2208)
  3. FTTC (1660)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1429)
  6. Openreach (1419)
  7. Business (1240)
  8. Statistics (1100)
  9. FTTH (1077)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1040)
  11. Fibre Optic (970)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (916)
  13. Wireless Internet (910)
  14. 4G (901)
  15. Virgin Media (859)
  16. Sky Broadband (596)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (581)
  19. Vodafone (520)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules