Sponsored

Huawei 5G CPE and Voxi 5G: weekly reset when dropping to 4G

noway103

Casual Member
I had this issue with Three and thought that migrating to Voxi/Vodafone would solve the problem: every week my connection at some point drops to 4G and doesn't go back to 5G anymore. I have to do a hard reset my Huawei CPE Pro 2 to get back on 5G. Biggest pain point: having to reconfigure the wifi every time.

Is there a way to avoid that issue to happen?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
I had this issue with Three and thought that migrating to Voxi/Vodafone would solve the problem: every week my connection at some point drops to 4G and doesn't go back to 5G anymore. I have to do a hard reset my Huawei CPE Pro 2 to get back on 5G. Biggest pain point: having to reconfigure the wifi every time.

On my B535 there is an option which makes it restart its self at 2AM to make sure your connection is working properly; is this the case too with the Cpe Pro 2?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Probably best for OP to turn that on then.

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Oh no :(. I don't really know that there is much else you can do. Maybe if you plugged it into a smart plug and tell it to restart it weekly maybe? You can get smart plugs from the likes of Argos for >£12 so only a small investment.

TTJJ

ULTIMATE Member
Maybe if you plugged it into a smart plug and tell it to restart it weekly maybe?
This may not work because if you disconnect the internet then the smart plug won't receive the power on command again. I don't think the commands are stored locally, every command comes from the cloud.

A classic timer plug may be your friend here. Set it to turn off for 5 minutes or something at a time you wouldn't notice.

Midlander

Casual Member

Why do you have to reconfigure the wifi after a reboot?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
Yes but a restart wouldn't mess that up would it? Surely turning it off and on again means it saves that info

noway103

Casual Member
Yes but a restart wouldn't mess that up would it? Surely turning it off and on again means it saves that info
The restart doesn't work most of the time. When I do restart, it goes back to 4G only. The solution to get back 5G is to fully reset. Or am I doing something wrong?

Bubblesthefish6

ULTIMATE Member
The restart doesn't work most of the time. When I do restart, it goes back to 4G only. The solution to get back 5G is to fully reset. Or am I doing something wrong?
Ok then the timer plug wouldn't work. Afaik you will have to live with it

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • NOW £22.00 (*32.00)
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • TalkTalk £22.00 (*29.95)
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00 (*25.00)
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: EASTERSALE
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Vodafone £26.00 (*29.00)
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £28.00 (*44.00)
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £29.00 (*35.00)
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: EASTERSALE
  • TalkTalk £29.95 (*39.95)
    Speed: 145Mbps, Unlimited
  • Leetline £34.99 - 43.99
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (3154)
  2. BT (2907)
  3. FTTC (1843)
  4. Building Digital UK (1842)
  5. Politics (1820)
  6. Openreach (1736)
  7. Business (1576)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1366)
  9. FTTH (1355)
  10. Statistics (1335)
  11. 4G (1175)
  12. Fibre Optic (1121)
  13. Wireless Internet (1097)
  14. Virgin Media (1089)
  15. Ofcom Regulation (1086)
  16. EE (775)
  17. Vodafone (767)
  18. TalkTalk (729)
  19. Sky Broadband (711)
  20. 5G (655)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules