Sponsored

Huawei 5G CPE PRO - MESH Network

alib12

Hi All..

Really need some help from you guys ..

So i got a 5G Huawei CPE PRO recently from my ISP with a 5G nano sim. Connection is perfect within a small diameter of the router, but my issue is with the range. When i move to a far room in the house the signal is almost dead.

What would be the ideal way to extend my range seamlessly without having to add a new network (_EXT) ? is there a way my CPE could become a part of a mesh network for me to do seamless roaming? What do I need to get ? I'm with a little bit of experience, so i really appreciate the help :)

Thanks

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
This guide may help:

But I'm a bit confused. You don't want to add a new network, but you're happy for it to become part of a mesh network, which is technically a new network :) . Basically you can improve the WiFi in three possible ways, outside of strategic router placement / antenna adjustment.

1. Buy a WiFi extender (they do the basics but performance is so.. so).

2. Buy a HomePlug / Powerline adapter, which harnesses your electricity cables to spread connectivity around the home as if it were a wired network (often these can also act as WiFi boosters). These can be good but it does depend upon your electrical setup and buying a good device.

3. The superior option is to plug a mesh network into the router (usually consisting of a hub unit and at least 1 repeater). In this setup you turn the router's own WiFi off and let the mesh kit run your WiFi. Good but more expensive and more bits of kit dotted around your home.

alib12

@Mark.J Thank you ! Sorry i may have not expressed it well ..

My SSID for the CPE is " Home" ... I have an extender Linksys RE6400, when i set it up it creates a new connection " Home_EXT" .. I tried changing the SSID to match the router name, but still i have to drop from the connection then connect again ..

what i want is a seamless roaming without having to switch networks .. can this happen between the CPE and the Extender ? If not, then shall i move to option 3 ?

Mark.J

Administrator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
Sadly I think the mesh solution is what you want there. WiFi extenders aren't very good at seamless roaming.

Glovepup

ULTIMATE Member
Sadly I think the mesh solution is what you want there. WiFi extenders aren't very good at seamless roaming.
I can confirm they are not, used to have this setup when I lived elsewhere and it's a bit of a pain. Mesh is the way to go!

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £19.95 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo Code: HYPER20
  • Plusnet £21.99 (*35.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Reward Card
  • SSE £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2715)
  2. FTTP (2601)
  3. FTTC (1756)
  4. Building Digital UK (1700)
  5. Politics (1605)
  6. Openreach (1563)
  7. Business (1387)
  8. FTTH (1310)
  9. Statistics (1206)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1177)
  11. Fibre Optic (1044)
  12. 4G (1013)
  13. Wireless Internet (997)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (993)
  15. Virgin Media (976)
  16. EE (671)
  17. Sky Broadband (655)
  18. TalkTalk (644)
  19. Vodafone (641)
  20. 5G (472)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules