Sponsored Links

Huawei 5G CPE PRO - MESH Network

alib12

Hi All..

Really need some help from you guys ..

So i got a 5G Huawei CPE PRO recently from my ISP with a 5G nano sim. Connection is perfect within a small diameter of the router, but my issue is with the range. When i move to a far room in the house the signal is almost dead.

What would be the ideal way to extend my range seamlessly without having to add a new network (_EXT) ? is there a way my CPE could become a part of a mesh network for me to do seamless roaming? What do I need to get ? I'm with a little bit of experience, so i really appreciate the help :)

Thanks

This guide may help:

But I'm a bit confused. You don't want to add a new network, but you're happy for it to become part of a mesh network, which is technically a new network :) . Basically you can improve the WiFi in three possible ways, outside of strategic router placement / antenna adjustment.

1. Buy a WiFi extender (they do the basics but performance is so.. so).

2. Buy a HomePlug / Powerline adapter, which harnesses your electricity cables to spread connectivity around the home as if it were a wired network (often these can also act as WiFi boosters). These can be good but it does depend upon your electrical setup and buying a good device.

3. The superior option is to plug a mesh network into the router (usually consisting of a hub unit and at least 1 repeater). In this setup you turn the router's own WiFi off and let the mesh kit run your WiFi. Good but more expensive and more bits of kit dotted around your home.

@Mark.J Thank you ! Sorry i may have not expressed it well ..

My SSID for the CPE is " Home" ... I have an extender Linksys RE6400, when i set it up it creates a new connection " Home_EXT" .. I tried changing the SSID to match the router name, but still i have to drop from the connection then connect again ..

what i want is a seamless roaming without having to switch networks .. can this happen between the CPE and the Extender ? If not, then shall i move to option 3 ?

Sponsored Links
Sadly I think the mesh solution is what you want there. WiFi extenders aren't very good at seamless roaming.

Sadly I think the mesh solution is what you want there. WiFi extenders aren't very good at seamless roaming.

I can confirm they are not, used to have this setup when I lived elsewhere and it's a bit of a pain. Mesh is the way to go!

I have this router and the only device I have capable of utilising the WiFi 6 is my Samsung Note 10+ 5G, however, the WiFi interfaces are much faster than my Netgear Orbi Mesh Router & 1 Satelite. The Orbi Mesh provides 100% coverage over 2,000 sq feet and beyond, however, I'd quite like to improve my WiFi speeds, as I'm currently getting around 800mb at 5G and 65mb for 2.4. I know Netgear have now come out with an Orbi Mesh system that handles WiFi 6, so I might look at that, however it is expensive, but I think worth it as I never get any drops, at all... My signal is an impressive - 35dbm, I'd love - 25dbm but I doubt anyone would get that due to other signals flying around all over the place....

My advice, totally go with the Mesh, extenders and repeaters are no good, they are merely WiFi clients, just acting as a middle man, they don't have any intelligent WiFi capabilities at all. Mesh networks use AI to work out where devices are and connect them to the nearest strongest AP.

Good luck

Mark

Hi @alib12,

Have you managed to set up a mesh network with your Huawei 5G CPE? Curious to learn from your experience as I am in a similar situation.

Thank you,
SA

Sponsored Links
I use the mini whole home however I couldnt get it to work with the 5G CPE Pro.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules