Sponsored Links

Huawei 5G CPE Pro Slow Internal (not internet) speeds

groenator

Casual Member
Hi,

For my Three 5G broadband, I am using a Huawei 5G CPE Pro router. The mobile broadband speeds are as expected and I don't have any complaints about that. Since I got the Three broadband contract the internet speeds have been very stable.

However, I noticed when I run an internal speed test the results are really bad. I can't get more than 100Mbps inside my local network. I tried changing the 5Ghz channels, bandwidth nothing works. It looks like I am capped somehow. I have an Unifi AP in my apartment, when I test my local speeds on that AP I get very good results. Around 600Mbps+. I could use the Unifi AP but because is a bit far from my Laptop I get a weak signal.

Bellow is showing a test using the router WIFI.
Screenshot_20211205_150351.png

Has anyone found a way how to fix the router to get better speeds internally? Its really frustrating when I am trying to copy a file from my NAS to my laptop and the speeds are slow.

Thank you for your time!

Hi,

For my Three 5G broadband, I am using a Huawei 5G CPE Pro router. The mobile broadband speeds are as expected and I don't have any complaints about that. Since I got the Three broadband contract the internet speeds have been very stable.

However, I noticed when I run an internal speed test the results are really bad. I can't get more than 100Mbps inside my local network. I tried changing the 5Ghz channels, bandwidth nothing works. It looks like I am capped somehow. I have an Unifi AP in my apartment, when I test my local speeds on that AP I get very good results. Around 600Mbps+. I could use the Unifi AP but because is a bit far from my Laptop I get a weak signal.

Bellow is showing a test using the router WIFI.
View attachment 1876
Has anyone found a way how to fix the router to get better speeds internally? Its really frustrating when I am trying to copy a file from my NAS to my laptop and the speeds are slow.

Thank you for your time!
How is the NAS connected to the local network?

Unless it has a Gbps network connection to a Gbps switch port then it will be capped to a smidge under 100 Mbps as you are seeing.

The NAS is connected to the local network via a 1Gb link. I forgot to mention, I tested the connection via the cable and I get around 900Mbps. I don't have issues with the cable nor using the other AP. Like I said above, the Unifi AP doesn't have any issues with the local speed test. I get around 600Mpbs and works very well. My problem is only the WIFI on the router when I test internally. This is very odd to see if I test externally works very well.

Also, I run the test from multiple devices, all showing the same speeds.

Sponsored Links
So just to clarify connectivity - the NAS and the UAP are connected via different ports of the same switch and this is then connected to the CPE via its LAN connection or something different?

I have two switches in the house, both 1Gb ports. The NAS is connected to one switch, the UAP is connected to the other swith, which eventually they are connected via LAN to my Three router. I have cables running from the router to connect both switches.

I found the problem of the issue. One of the cable which was connected between the router and switch was broken. I change the cable and everything works well now. I didnt expect the cable to be the issue because it was a brand new cable.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules