Sponsored Links

Huawei B311 requiring "authorisation/login" and not working with Chromecast.

Newbie102

I have a Huawei B311 which works fine save for a couple of oddities.

From time to time (most times) when my phone has been connected to another wifi network and then reconnects to the Huawei wifi signal, I get a pop up saying that authorization/login is required, and a new 'page' pops up which is blank save for tick in the right hand corner which I have to click on to connect (an extremely simplified version of the process when logging into hotel wifi after connecting to it). This does not require me to re-enter any connection info, just to click on the tick in the corner.

Is there a setting under the hood of the router that can disable this requirement ?

Secondly - I am having problems connecting a Chromecast to the Huawei router, and on several occasions when trying to set it up (but not always) I have got a message in the Google home app telling me that it can't connect because the router requires authorisation / login. This is obviously linked to the 1st issue and is a real pain. Any workarounds appreciated.

I'm going to move this to the mobile broadband category.

I have a Huawei B311 which works fine save for a couple of oddities.

From time to time (most times) when my phone has been connected to another wifi network and then reconnects to the Huawei wifi signal, I get a pop up saying that authorization/login is required, and a new 'page' pops up which is blank save for tick in the right hand corner which I have to click on to connect (an extremely simplified version of the process when logging into hotel wifi after connecting to it). This does not require me to re-enter any connection info, just to click on the tick in the corner.

Is there a setting under the hood of the router that can disable this requirement ?

Secondly - I am having problems connecting a Chromecast to the Huawei router, and on several occasions when trying to set it up (but not always) I have got a message in the Google home app telling me that it can't connect because the router requires authorisation / login. This is obviously linked to the 1st issue and is a real pain. Any workarounds appreciated.

Have you tried a factory reset on it and set it up again from scratch?

Where did you get it from, direct from a provider, or 2nd hand?

Sponsored Links
If you're on Three for your broadband, then its because they're currently struggling with connectivity issues which looks like its across the entire UK. I've had it a lot since last week when available bandwidth is shaped so aggressively that the network drops out totally, then everything connected in my house does the same thing you're describing.

Thanks for the replies. It was bought new from Amazon UK and is fully unlocked.

I am (oddly I know) currently using it without a SIM, just using it as a 'bridge' between various pieces of home wifi operated kit. I need it for 4g use from time to time but not at the moment.

I believe that is probably the cause of your issues - the devices connecting are expecting the router that they connect to to be providing a connection to the internet, but it's not.

I think phones (at least android ones) generally need confirmation from you each time when you're trying to connect to wifi that doesn't provide an internet connection. On android you'll get something like this:
VTNT7.png

I know chromecasts really want an internet connection - their primary purpose is to stream from the web.

Thanks, yes I wondered about that being a possible cause. I have another - separate - issue that I cant get the Chromecast to connect to my Tenda home network (MW3) ... These Chromecasts do seem to be very temperamental !

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules