Sponsored

Huawei B535-232 4g/LTE Router Issue

kev4022

Good Afternoon,

I'm writing this here in the hope someone may help me, three technical support are as useful as a chocolate fireguard...

I have two issues, both of which were present on my previous device - B311:

1st
Every 65 Minutes my router disconnects from the internet and reconnects 10ish seconds later, each time connecting with a new WAN IP Address.

Router logs:
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv6 disconnected
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv4 disconnected

WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv4 connected
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv6 connected

I've done all the usual troubleshooting but nothing seems to fix this, the annoying part is three don't have any record on their system of a disconnect.....

2nd
The router is intermittently broadcasting a hidden network. The router settings don't allow me to change this and guest network etc is all disabled. What's strange is that the router appears to be 2 devices in one..
There's the network I connect to, then there's this hidden network/device which also connects to the device I connect to! I've tried blocking with the MAC address filter but this doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Attachments

EaziG

I also have the same router the B535 from Three.
I also had the B311 before. On both I experience similar issues. Maybe they are the same as what you have discovered.
Mine will hang on a spinning icon for a long time when trying to use certain apps.
Video previews on apps such as Twitter will not automatically play since it has no connection.

However once connected my speedtests have been very good.

It definitely an issue with this router since when I tried the same SIM in an old mobile using hotspot. The connections were immediate.
Also my phone on 4G (so WiFi turned off, 4G Three network) is super fast, no delay.

What was the APN suggestion? How can that be changed? Thanks.

kev4022

Which APN are you using, one will give you more chance of a fixed IP address than the other.
Thanks for the reply, my APN is 3internet

I'm leaning more to a cell tower issue, I'm aware they've been testing the 5g capabilities in the area. Disconnecting every 65 minutes sounds very much like a lease time of some kind...either way three don't want to know..

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2200)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1428)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1099)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1039)
  11. Fibre Optic (968)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (908)
  14. 4G (900)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (592)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (518)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules