Sponsored Links

Huawei B535-232 4g/LTE Router Issue

There's no reason for you to not keep your old PlusNet router on your LAN as a WAP, but you may as well switch back on your B535 WiFi and connect using either of them. But do make sure they are using different 'channels' in order to reduce interference (don't leave them on Auto). And its better to make sure they both broadcast different network SSIDs (eg. MyWifi-B535 & MyWiFi-PlusNet).

Any you can always reduce wireless interference between them by putting them at opposite ends of the house and connecting the two LAN ports via PowerLine adapters plugged into a wall socket (although that of course has its own issues regarding performance & throughput etc).

I'm on Vodafone not three and this is the only fix that has worked for us. Cheers
You shouldn't have a problem then, as multiple people have indicated that the B535 on Vodafone works fine. The issue is with Three.

You shouldn't have a problem then, as multiple people have indicated that the B535 on Vodafone works fine. The issue is with Three.
I wish I didn't get the problem but I get exactly the same issue as others on three. Constant pauses etc even when the router says it is connected.

I have the wifi password as the log in password
Err - you should never leave the admin password the same as the WiFi password, anyone who has one (or can guess or otherwise determine it) obviously then has access to the other.

Hi guys I have this router on three ((three supplied) with an RSSI of 58-65. When I first got it I was on 4G+ and getting 30-40 meg downloads and 25 up. Yesterday that dropped to 7-12 MB down similar up and I'm on 4G not +. I've installed this LTE H-Monitor prog on windows to look further into it, but I can't use it to log into the router as it wants a username and password. On the web UI the router only asks for a password not a username, is this the issue.? Default username on the monitor prog is admin as you would expect. I've tried a blank username, admin and Admin to no success. Can anyone shed some light? thanks in advance.

IP must be 192.168.8.1, username must be admin and password what You are using to access router with browser and connection method must be API.

I don't believe you can lock your router to a certain mast. All you can do is use a directional antenna pointed to your desired mast & 'lock' your router to one (or two) of the bands it supports (it's not actually 'locked' to a band, as it'll reset to whatever the mast decides on if you reboot the router).

You can use external antenna and point it to one mast only or You can ask operator to lock Your SIM to specific mast only.

I wish I didn't get the problem but I get exactly the same issue as others on three. Constant pauses etc even when the router says it is connected.

I was getting pausing regularly, ironically it seemed worst on my Huawei phone. Today I used the TCP Optimiser program and it suggested using an MTU of 1440 instead of 1500 which was what the router was set to. Things are so much better now.

I was getting pausing regularly, ironically it seemed worst on my Huawei phone. Today I used the TCP Optimiser program and it suggested using an MTU of 1440 instead of 1500 which was what the router was set to. Things are so much better now.

Yeah checked MTU etc, it was still the same.

I've put the router as high as I can in the attic and now the SINR is between +4 & +8 the connection is quite stable at 20mbps up and down on the B535 WiFi but not as stable as using another router for WiFi.

I have been following this forum closely as I too have the b535 on 3.
i wish i didnt sign up for the 2 year plan as the connection is crap.
the problem for me is there is no fiber where i live and the DSL speeds are appalling, especially for 2020.
i have a three mast maybe 50 meters where I live but is blocked physically by part of my apartment building.
I use a ponyting antenna and it has helped a bit with the SINR going from 0 to 7.
Recently the page stall has improved since about a week ago but i am not sure why.
when it is very bad i do use a VPN

Recently the page stall has improved since about a week ago but i am not sure why.
when it is very bad i do use a VPN

It's not all about router, it's about router & mast hardware/mast software/operator collaboration.

At 50m from a mast even with a building in the way I think you should still still get a great signal. I get a SINR of 20 and whilst my mast is 300 meters away it goes through 4 rows of homes at the same elevation level.

At 50m from a mast even with a building in the way I think you should still still get a great signal. I get a SINR of 20 and whilst my mast is 300 meters away it goes through 4 rows of homes at the same elevation level.

BTW, SINR is not the most important value, for example I have external antenna, direct view and SINR is still on average 2 (it jumps between 0-10 all the time), but as other values are OK, then link is stable:

RSRQ -6.0dB
RSRP -67dBm
RSSI >=-51dBm
SINR 2dB

While we're comparing SINR etc, here's mine:

RSRQ -10.0dB
RSRP -63dBm
RSSI >=-51dBm
SINR 3dB

As mentioned before, I was told that the main issue around SINR wasn't so much it being a low value, but it jumping up/down a lot (which apparently was a symptom of an over subscribed mast, but I've no idea myself). I'm approx. 200m from the mast with direct-line-of-sight.

I would agree that this past week, my page-load-stall issue has improved a little (not gone away though) and I have just been noticing that my SINR seems a little more stable (but that could just be my imagination).

Anyone considering an antenna to try to improve their 4G broadband performance, really must watch some of Andrew McNeils videos on YouTube. He is the goto-guy for all things antenna related and has loads of DIY antenna videos to watch of all kinds of varying design - some real easy to build & some quite complex.

He is the goto-guy for all things antenna related and has loads of DIY antenna videos to watch of all kinds of varying design - some real easy to build & some quite complex.

If You have all needed tools, skills and a lot of free time, then DYI external antenna is a good idea (however the parts still cost money and remember that good cable and connectors are the most expensive parts what You still must buy), but otherwise just buy a proven, working external antenna.
One possibility is also buy a POE adapter, plastic water sealed box, and put router into box, connect box to the roof mast and CAT5e external cable from home wifi router > router box and that's it.

Last edited:
While we're comparing SINR etc, here's mine:

RSRQ -10.0dB
RSRP -63dBm
RSSI >=-51dBm
SINR 3dB
Mine are
RSRQ -10.0dB
RSRP -80dBm
RSSI >=-63dBm
SINR +6dB

I am still convinced there is an issue with the WiFI on my B535, when the browser fails I jump onto the other WiFi router and it works.

I am still convinced there is an issue with the WiFI on my B535, when the browser fails I jump onto the other WiFi router and it works.

Well, as Huawei -s main purpose is being 4G router, then buy a decent wifi router and connect it with lan cable to Huawei and then disable Huawei -s wifi completely.

Well, as Huawei -s main purpose is being 4G router, then buy a decent wifi router and connect it with lan cable to Huawei and then disable Huawei -s wifi completely.
Yeah im using an old plusnet router connected to the lan and its seems ok for now.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5511)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules