Sponsored Links

Huawei B535-232 4g/LTE Router Issue

kev4022

Good Afternoon,

I'm writing this here in the hope someone may help me, three technical support are as useful as a chocolate fireguard...

I have two issues, both of which were present on my previous device - B311:

1st
Every 65 Minutes my router disconnects from the internet and reconnects 10ish seconds later, each time connecting with a new WAN IP Address.

Router logs:
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv6 disconnected
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv4 disconnected

WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv4 connected
WAN connection INTERNET_R_UMTS1:IPv6 connected

I've done all the usual troubleshooting but nothing seems to fix this, the annoying part is three don't have any record on their system of a disconnect.....

2nd
The router is intermittently broadcasting a hidden network. The router settings don't allow me to change this and guest network etc is all disabled. What's strange is that the router appears to be 2 devices in one..
There's the network I connect to, then there's this hidden network/device which also connects to the device I connect to! I've tried blocking with the MAC address filter but this doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Attachments

• Hidden Device.png
    Hidden Device.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,778
  • Hidden Network1.jpg
    Hidden Network1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,992
I also have the same router the B535 from Three.
I also had the B311 before. On both I experience similar issues. Maybe they are the same as what you have discovered.
Mine will hang on a spinning icon for a long time when trying to use certain apps.
Video previews on apps such as Twitter will not automatically play since it has no connection.

However once connected my speedtests have been very good.

It definitely an issue with this router since when I tried the same SIM in an old mobile using hotspot. The connections were immediate.
Also my phone on 4G (so WiFi turned off, 4G Three network) is super fast, no delay.

What was the APN suggestion? How can that be changed? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Which APN are you using, one will give you more chance of a fixed IP address than the other.
Thanks for the reply, my APN is 3internet

I'm leaning more to a cell tower issue, I'm aware they've been testing the 5g capabilities in the area. Disconnecting every 65 minutes sounds very much like a lease time of some kind...either way three don't want to know..

I'm getting the same 65 minute disconnect issue. Also 525 router. Suspect 5g testing (am in Hull so 5g is supposed to be this year...)
I guess 3 are not going to acknowledge or fix...

Sponsored Links
3internet is the one to use but try the other one in case it makes a difference

Name: 3

APN: three.co.uk

User name: [leave this field blank]

Password: [leave this field blank]

MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk

MMS port: 8799

APN type: internet + mms

Thought I'd give this APN a go and changed it from the 3internet default. Instantly saw a 10mb/s increase in bandwidth. It seems Cell towers have more than one APN with varying amounts of bandwidth availability.

I tried both APNs this morning but found no appreciable difference on my Three B311, which doesn't help. It's back on 3internet.

This:

"Mine will hang on a spinning icon for a long time when trying to use certain apps. Video previews on apps such as Twitter will not automatically play since it has no connection. "

was discussed on another forum, the advice 'from Three' was to set 'Mobile Network Search' to 4G only. (pic) It didn't cure the problem, but upgrading to a TP-Link modem did.

The consensus was therefore that it was a Huawei problem, but my B311 doesn't have it. Firmware is 10.0.1.1 (H187SP1C6101)

The Huawei modems with a phone connection would auto-drop to 3G for voice calls, so this advice may not be universally applicable.

The 'Hidden Network' is baffling. The B311 has it which is mildly annoying.

Good news: I'm not getting the 65 minute disconnect.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 2,621
Still getting the 65 minute disconnect.
Network status on the 18th said working on fix for the 19th. Now says 24th...
Yawn.....

Was that a specific network status message for your area? Where did you see it.

Sponsored Links
Hello! I got this router before 5 days and I "have" same problem. Maybe I can help you. Try to change network manual and if you have 4g or lte put also manual. This is same problem of many routes witch works with sim card. Sorry because my bad English. Bye

I'm currently on

B535-232
Current version 10.0.1.1(H191SP4C983)
Web UI version WEBUI 10.0.1.1(W2SP2C21)

Whats the new one?

Sponsored Links
The router is intermittently broadcasting a hidden network. The router settings don't allow me to change this and guest network etc is all disabled. What's strange is that the router appears to be 2 devices in one..

I believe this is something to do with the HiLink connectivity features. If you have multiple Huawei/HiLink/Honor router/devices they can all connect to each other and share WiFi settings. In your router settings try disabling Huawei Link or something similarly named.

My parents have this router and I remember seeing that option in (I think) the Advanced section of the web setup pages.

In your router settings try disabling Huawei Link or something similarly named.

On my B535, I went to Advanced > System > System Settings and switched off the 'Link+' feature and rebooted. But it doesn't seem to have made any difference to the intermittent hidden network that InSSIDer and other WiFi analysers show appearing from time to time.

Is it more likely that the hidden network is something to do with 'channel bonding' in order to increase throughput? I ask because I think InSSIDer is showing my 2.4GHz network using two channels, even though the WiFi settings in the B535 are set with a single channel and bandwidth set as 'Auto'.

I think when I had my VirginMedia SH3 router, if I set it to 300Mbps performance mode, it basically doubled up the channels that it used and also resulted in a 'hidden' WiFi network appearing.

If anyone has any ideas on the 'hidden' WiFi network that the Huawei B535 broadcasts intermittently, i'd like to hear them.

My B535 has the second ones listed as HUAWEI-B535-823E-S1 in 5ghz and 2.4ghz in the router settings under "Wi-Fi Security Settings" but they both have a slider which is turned to the "off" position.

So I see just my own wifi network name appear when I look for wifi channels.

I see just my own wifi network name appear when I look for wifi channels.

If you mean you don't see any 'hidden' networks when you browse for WiFi networks on your PC or phone, then that's because the network name (SSID) is 'hidden'. You have to use an app such as InSSIDer on a PC or something like PingTools on an Android phone. They will show all the WiFi signals around you, including any hidden WiFi networks.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5468)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules