Sponsored Links

Huawei B535-232 4g/LTE Router Issue

Hi guys, new to this forum and it's brilliant, some great info.
I've the same issues as most on here with the B535 router on 3 mobile us. I was on a BT landline giving ~ 1Mb DL and 0.3Mb UL. The issue I keep having is that my B535 is working perfectly on the green light with 5 bars of signal giving ~ 10Mb DL and 6Mb UL then it changes to the blue light on 1 Bar of signal and the UL and DL drop through the floor. Anyone know how to resolve this or limit it from going into the better blue bars?
It's probably switching cell towers.

Try pointing the router at the nearest tower, or use the carboard & tinfoil around the back of the router hack to see if you can lock it to the best tower, if so then getting a directional antenna might help.

Hi guys, new to this forum and it's brilliant, some great info.
I've the same issues as most on here with the B535 router on 3 mobile us. I was on a BT landline giving ~ 1Mb DL and 0.3Mb UL. The issue I keep having is that my B535 is working perfectly on the green light with 5 bars of signal giving ~ 10Mb DL and 6Mb UL then it changes to the blue light on 1 Bar of signal and the UL and DL drop through the floor. Anyone know how to resolve this or limit it from going into the better blue bars?
I think you'll find the B535 manual here:

and it seems to indicate that the Green LED simply indicates that the Ethernet interface is connected. Blue = UMTS, Cyan = LTE

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd suspect at the time it changes to Blue (Cyan?) it's switching to a different mast/cell. Perhaps you're borderline signal area and it's bumping from 3G to 4G or vice-versa. Check the System Info page before & after the change and observe if the Cell ID has changed. Or use the huaCtrl app to check.

Try changing the B535 settings so it's either 3G only or 4G only (I forget which menu its in).

Try relocating your B535 to an upstairs window closer to wherever your best Three mast signal is.

Try using huaCtrl app to make it switch to Band 1 or 3 or 20 only (depending on your area).

If all that fails. Switch to Vodafone :)

my B535 is working perfectly on the green light with 5 bars of signal giving ~ 10Mb DL and 6Mb UL then it changes to the blue light on 1 Bar of signal and the UL and DL drop through the floor.
Actually, I suspect you're mistaking the LED as being Green, when it's actually Blue (where Blue = UMTS ie. 3G), and Blue when it's actually Cyan (where Cyan = LTE ie. 4G).

And most likely it's working okay on 3G (ie. Blue) but along comes a 4G signal (ie. Cyan) and it thinks "I'm gonna try that!" and because it's kinda pathetically weak, the performance dies until it decides to switch back to 3G. So I suggest you try changing your B535 settings to "3G only" until such time as Three bother themselves to upgrade your local mast (don't hold your breath!)

Or you could be mistaking Cyan for Green, and Blue is Blue. In which case it's the other way around, it's switching from 4G to 3G. Either way, change the B535 settings to either 3G only or 4G only and report back :)

my just stays blue, always has and has never changed?
Blue = 3G, Cyan = 4G. So you must have it set to 3G only (or you live in an area where there is no 4G).

Does anyone know if the B535 that comes with Three's 4g broadband is unlocked as i'm looking to sell mine on.

Does anyone know if the B535 that comes with Three's 4g broadband is unlocked as i'm looking to sell mine on.
Yes, it is unlocked (at least mine was back in January). The Three Customer Service guy who sold me their 2year contract even told me to sell it on eBay if I was going to stick with the B525 I already had. Be aware though - the Three B535 has slightly different firmware to other B535s, but I think the differences are minimal with the exception that Bridge Mode does not exist.

Yes, it is unlocked (at least mine was back in January). The Three Customer Service guy who sold me their 2year contract even told me to sell it on eBay if I was going to stick with the B525 I already had. Be aware though - the Three B535 has slightly different firmware to other B535s, but I think the differences are minimal with the exception that Bridge Mode does not exist.
Great thanks. I will state it is unlocked but does not have bridge mode and was previously from Three.

Im getting 88-92mbps down so cant see its in 3g mode, maybe its my eyes but looks blue to me.

Switch it into 3G only and you'll see if it changes to a darker/deeper blue. As Buggerlugz says, Cyan (ie. 4G) is a lighter green/aqua-marine colour. A dumb design like much of what Huawei churns out.

"sadly Three UK was named the worst for mobile gaming"

Looks to me that Three were close to the worst in every category!

Full report here.

Three's 5g marketting team seem to have gone dark just lately too. Wonder if they've realised they can't deliver on their promises and are feeling some stoicism?

Though the report startlingly shows that even EE winning has pitifully bad speeds nationally on 4g, just like all the carriers.

Just rebooted my router.....lets see what three's marvellous 4g is like tonight...

Why doesn't 4g deliver the speeds its designed to in the UK? Back-haul could be one reason, though I firmly believe the reason we don't see 100Mbps+ over 4g isn't because they can't deliver it, but because they don't want to.

Even from the beginning of 4G Three had crap speeds.
In the days of 3G they really one upped the other providers but now it just doesn’t ever get better.

If the prices weren’t as good as they are people probably wouldn’t put up with it.

85Mbps here
I think you're very lucky. I've just done half-a-dozen speedtests and it ranges from 4Mbps to 14Mbps download on Three B535 5Ghz with direct line of sight to mast. As TTJJ said, if it wasn't for the price, I wouldn't put up with it.

Yes, it seems to accompany an increase in bufferfloat, so I have no idea what sort of QOS three is doing over its network, whatever it is, its not working very well.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules