Sponsored Links

Huawei B535-232 4g/LTE Router Issue

Hi,
Googling around the net I've found this great topic and maybe I can have some help from you.
My 4G+ provider gave me an B535-232 but I have an issue I can't sort out.
To sum up after a while that the router operates in 4G+, it losts the carrier aggregation and it stick on 4G and it never return to aggregation.
I know that CA should depend on BTS but my complain is about the missing return to aggregation.
As soon as I change the bands manually (even using the same bands) with huaCtrl or browser hack the router returns to CA for some hours.
I could schedule a script to switch the bands on and off, but the switch disconnect the router from the provider and consequently I going to lost all my connections (some of them needed to my job) and it's an unpractical way.
Do you have some tips?
Thanks in advance.
imopen

If you use LTEHMonitor you can set a time to reboot the router, which would do the job quite well. I'd specify just bands1 and 3 in the settings too as the B535 runs a lot smoother having the least number of bands enabled.

Haven’t heard anything back regarding the solution to a strict NAT type with the B535.

After finding the below on Huawei’s website I’m going to assume it’s not possible on this device, period.

66D6AEB5-D3BD-4A0D-8997-CAF5F3253348.png

Is someone able to provide an alternative 4G/5G router where this isn’t an issue?

I’ve read on here & elsewhere that 4g isn’t capable of providing a unique IP and therefore NAT type 1 & 2 are impossible to acquire while using mobile broadband but I’ve also seen others saying that they’ve managed to resolve NAT problems when changing provider.

Any advice/support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

The provider's upstream NAT is causing your issues.
To sort them out do try the AAisp l2tp vpn service which will assign you a public IP, you can then use this service either on the router (and maybe set your pc/console in dmz) or PC.

To be honest I've been using the CGNAT APN for over a month now (Because the 3internet APN won't work at all for me.) and haven't noticed any downside of CGNAT at all. Xbox and all other devices on my network seem to function just fine.
Sorry guys only just looked on here and saw the messages.

Only got the NAT type working on three network by playing about with settings there a few things you have to turn off. If you want the detail let me know and I put that chip back in but from what I remember there is one or two setting causing a conflict. it took some time as I had to change them one at a time as see what works. I'm using a Vodafone chip now and from what I read online there no way around with them and gaming.

I've finally given up on my Three/B535-232 combination and I'm trying to cancel. Although sometimes the performance is OK (10-20Mbps) I've had long periods (large parts of a day) where it drops down to 1-2Mbps, which is basically unusable. I've jumped through all the usual hoops - moving the router, changing the SIM, rebooting the router. I've spent a good few hours on the phone to various technical teams reading out RSSI and RSRP numbers.

Anyway, the trouble is that my contract has 10 months to run and they are not willing to waive the early cancellation fee - the best they can do is to reduce it by 60% which leaves me paying £100.

Looking at the Ofcom web page is says that I should not have to pay a cancellation fee if they can't meet their promised speeds after a 30 day period to fix the problem, but it looks like Three neither promises a speed nor signs up to that particular code. The complaints guy insisted that he can't waive the cancellation fee entirely because it partly pays for the router - and no, returning the router won't make any difference because it's now more than a year old.

Does anybody have any advice for this negotiation? Anybody managed to successfully get out of their contract early without paying? My family are pretty sick of trying to do a 4-person lockdown with such a terrible internet connection so at the moment I think we're more likely to pay than anything else :(

They make no promises about download performance on mobile broadband, so you won't be able to get out of your contract that way. And there's no point in you going to the Ombudsman, because that whole process would take months, by which time your contract will be nearer it's end.

But why bother paying Three £100 to end a deal. Why not keep Three until the end of your contract, but spend the £100 on a different providers SIM & either use that in your B535 or in an old phone as a hotspot and that way you can 'supplement' your rubbish Three performance. Better than paying Three £100 for nothing?

They make no promises about download performance on mobile broadband, so you won't be able to get out of your contract that way. And there's no point in you going to the Ombudsman, because that whole process would take months, by which time your contract will be nearer it's end.

But why bother paying Three £100 to end a deal. Why not keep Three until the end of your contract, but spend the £100 on a different providers SIM & either use that in your B535 or in an old phone as a hotspot and that way you can 'supplement' your rubbish Three performance. Better than paying Three £100 for nothing?
That's an interesting idea, although that £100 is a discount so if I hang onto my Three contract until the end of it I'll end up paying more like £200. I'm already planning to return to fibre to get more reliable broadband anyway.

Hi All,

I'm using a smarty sim in the B535-323, all working fine but found the wifi weak compare to my ASUS router that has been hooked up to Sky broadband. I've attempted to try using the B535 in place of Sky via the routers WAN port (aware you can't use bridge mode so just turned off the B535 wifi) but i get the dreaded page load issue mentioned throughout this thread, lots of non loading pages / or pages taking an age to load etc.. but speed tests still hit 60meg (single carrier on B3). If i connect to the B535s wifi directly i don't get any issues at all.. Any ideas greatly welcome as i don't want to go back to using Sky which tops out at 16meg.

Cheers

Hi All,

I'm using a smarty sim in the B535-323, all working fine but found the wifi weak compare to my ASUS router that has been hooked up to Sky broadband. I've attempted to try using the B535 in place of Sky via the routers WAN port (aware you can't use bridge mode so just turned off the B535 wifi) but i get the dreaded page load issue mentioned throughout this thread, lots of non loading pages / or pages taking an age to load etc.. but speed tests still hit 60meg (single carrier on B3). If i connect to the B535s wifi directly i don't get any issues at all.. Any ideas greatly welcome as i don't want to go back to using Sky which tops out at 16meg.

Cheers
What happens if you use a VPN? You could try configuring your ASUS router with an OpenVPN? (not sure if that'll work or not)

Hi All,

Cheers
And what's connected to what's WAN port? You mean the B535 is connected to the ASUS WAN port? Why? It's just a Wireless Access Point isn't it, so should be connected to a LAN port? Or have I misunderstood something?

And what's connected to what's WAN port? You mean the B535 is connected to the ASUS WAN port? Why? It's just a Wireless Access Point isn't it, so should be connected to a LAN port? Or have I misunderstood something?
Thanks for the reply. I've used the WAN port on the ASUS as i run it in router mode not AP mode as i prefer it options etc... and has worked fine when connecting this way to the sky router so can't figure out why it would make a difference with the 535. I've tried WAN and LAN on the 535 and its made no difference. I haven't tried a VPN (if that is needed to solve the problem i'll just stick with Sky) but as performance is solid when connecting directly to 535 i'm not sure a VPN would solve the issue?

Thanks for the reply. I've used the WAN port on the ASUS as i run it in router mode not AP mode as i prefer it options etc... and has worked fine when connecting this way to the sky router so can't figure out why it would make a difference with the 535. I've tried WAN and LAN on the 535 and its made no difference. I haven't tried a VPN (if that is needed to solve the problem i'll just stick with Sky) but as performance is solid when connecting directly to 535 i'm not sure a VPN would solve the issue?
Well, if it were me, I'd try a LAN port on the ASUS connected to LAN on the B535 and see how it goes.

You could try flashing your ASUS router with DD-WRT firmware, but you probably don't really want to do that.

I suggest you test it with Windscribe VPN on your PC/phone just to see if it cures the page hang problem you get.

Failing any of these suggestions, you'll have to swap back to Sky if the problem doesn't go away. Or try a different ISP like Vodafone.

Your B535 should be left as as just a LAN, connected to the WAN of the Asus.

B535 should be configured so that the Asus is given a static IP (e.g. 192.168.8.2), and the Asus's WAN configuration should be 'Automatic IP'.

B535 should have its DMZ set to the Asus IP (e.g. 192.168.8.2), and the B535 firewall options etc disabled (so it acts as dumb as possible in lieu of bridge mode)

However, none of that is likely to have an impact on the Three stalling, that inherent to the Three network - using the wifi from the B535 might seem that it doesn't happen, but it will/does.

No joy - still getting page lag / long load times. Such a shame, will keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

Also - this has clearly been going on for a while, can we get Mark to reach out to Three about this page load stalling issue?

Last edited:
Used to happen to me but recently it has been working fine. Work was ongoing near me around that time going by the three status info' page. I did complain and smarty reduced my payment for a bit. Since then speed has improved and no stalling.

No joy - still getting page lag / long load times. Such a shame, will keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

Also - this has clearly been going on for a while, can we get Mark to reach out to Three about this page load stalling issue?
Try the three.co.uk APN instead, that's the only thing that resolves it for me. Even now when I go back to the 3internet APN its so noticeable straight away.

@MJS 3inrernet is for broadband users, afaik, different traffic policies, you get public IP etc.
The other one is for general mobile data usage and it's behind CGNAT, different policies and so on, don't know more details.

Haven’t heard anything back regarding the solution to a strict NAT type with the B535.

After finding the below on Huawei’s website I’m going to assume it’s not possible on this device, period.

View attachment 613

Is someone able to provide an alternative 4G/5G router where this isn’t an issue?

I’ve read on here & elsewhere that 4g isn’t capable of providing a unique IP and therefore NAT type 1 & 2 are impossible to acquire while using mobile broadband but I’ve also seen others saying that they’ve managed to resolve NAT problems when changing provider.

Any advice/support is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
What is the draw back of not being able to achieve NAT Type 1 & 2?

I have the Huawei B535 and run on EE. I game on my PS5 everyday playing COD Warzone. I’m trying to find ways to reduce my ping/latency which is 80-110ms. My NAT type says ‘moderate’ and it says something else for my friends who are on fibre. My voice chat and everything works perfect though so how will achieving NAT type 1 & 2 help?
Hi,

The provider's upstream NAT is causing your issues.
To sort them out do try the AAisp l2tp vpn service which will assign you a public IP, you can then use this service either on the router (and maybe set your pc/console in dmz) or PC.

I had a look at this. At £10p/m what benefit will i get? Faster speeds or lower ping? I don’t really understand what it does either haha. If it will reduce my ping/latency that would be good

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules