Sponsored Links

huawei b535-932 looking for indoor antenna

zakir1988

ULTIMATE Member
Im looking for a good indoor antenna for huawei b535-932 i get full bars but not good broadband speeds.

I found a 4G indoor antenna on ebay its 28dBi would this work on the 4G router.

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 458
That thing will probably kill the speed altogether, don't buy cheap antennas off ebay.

What is your provider, what are your rsrp, rsrq, sinr (in your router, device information).

Its three network my rsrp is very good 96 rsrq is around 13 to 18 didnt check sinr as the router is in my parents house.

Let me know guys which one would you recommend for a good indoor 4G atenna

Sponsored Links
It's unlikely any indoors antenna will be better than the router's built-in. You should be trying toput it in a better position.
But.. as you're with Three, it's also a good chance you're another victim of their poor services.

Its three network my rsrp is very good 96 rsrq is around 13 to 18 didnt check sinr as the router is in my parents house.

Let me know guys which one would you recommend for a good indoor 4G atenna
-96dBm for RSRP isn't very good, it's kind of middling; not bad, but not great.

-13 to -18 for RSRQ is on the poorer and of the scale too.

Firstly I'd start to move the router around the house and try windows on each side and record the metrics for each (refresh multiple times as these are always varying so using one single value can be misleading).
Also try different orientations of the device too. Small changes can change things.

Sponsored Links
I'm not gonna be holding my breath. Can't see many situations where an indoor antenna would would make a substantial difference. I even expect it will provide worse performance due to losses on the cable.
As Gavin advised, your first course of action should be repositioning it.
If still nothing, then look at an external antenna, directional maybe.

I did position it around the house still poor broadband speeds but signal strength is strong full bars when i got to al life app find optimal position its very poor.

I have seen on youtube some people got better speeds using an antenna.

You are on the three network, honestly you could chuck a £300 antenna and £500 5g router at it and it'd still more than likely provide you with the same speeds.

It's a cheap Chinese piece of plastic, the loss in the cables will be more than the gain, and the gain figures they quote are mince.

Sponsored Links
Signal bars are only a visual representation of the 'level' of the radio signal between the mast and your device. They do not represent the speed of throughput.

However, saying that, if all things were the same then a higher signal quality should see a higher throughput than a low signal level, but there are many factors at play that will affect the throughput available - the bands in use, the amount of spectrum a provider owns in those bands, the load on the cell, backhaul capacity to the mast are just some of them

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules