Sponsored Links

Huawei B535 on 3 major problems.

I've asked Three to investigate this and get back to me by Friday afternoon, so we'll see what happens. What plans are those of you with the Xbox Live issues on?

I web chatted Three and after a fair amount of heated typing involving them blaming xbox, then my B311 (which isn't plugged in), then my B525 (even though my three mobile is blocked too) and even asking me to ring Huawei! They promised to escalate this to the Technical teams.

I'm going to experiment with sharing my PC's vpn tonight to see if it's traffic shaping. I might even try my B311 router to see if they truly are targeting specific routers (doubt it).

A thread has also appeared on the Microsoft forums on this topic, and the Three support twitter has some users reporting the same issue.

Microsoft forums

Having spoken to Huawei and Microsoft,it is a three issue and Huawei are are aware of it.
I found a workaround that works.
So I connect the xbox wirelessly to my fixed line BT broadband and start the download,then plug a patch lead from b535 to the xbox,the connection stammers but then continues,the reason I don't just download through the BT connection is it is only 2.3mbps mac,and its 50 to 60 mbps through the b535.
So it looks like 3 have cut back on the 4g downloads to facilitate the 5g rollout,just a guess but it makes sense,anyone else heard anything?

I've asked Three to investigate this and get back to me by Friday afternoon, so we'll see what happens. What plans are those of you with the Xbox Live issues on?

Thanks Mark - I'm on Home-fi with unlimited data (it actually bills as 100GB plus unlimited data). They actually offered me a free AI cube if the problem continues - so I'm half hoping they don't fix it! :)

Having spoken to Huawei and Microsoft,it is a three issue and Huawei are are aware of it.
I found a workaround that works.
So I connect the xbox wirelessly to my fixed line BT broadband and start the download,then plug a patch lead from b535 to the xbox,the connection stammers but then continues,the reason I don't just download through the BT connection is it is only 2.3mbps mac,and its 50 to 60 mbps through the b535.
So it looks like 3 have cut back on the 4g downloads to facilitate the 5g rollout,just a guess but it makes sense,anyone else heard anything?
****update****
The above workaround now doesn't work,I'm currently on the phone to 3 making an official complaint.
I'll post the reply soon as I come off the phone.

Sponsored Links
****update****
The above workaround now doesn't work,I'm currently on the phone to 3 making an official complaint.
I'll post the reply soon as I come off the phone.

Yes I felt like I was playing whack-a-mole with Three at the weekend. It worked briefly on 3G then blocked, then on 4G on my mobile then blocked, then 3G on my mobile then blocked.

More complaints will help - hopefully they will listen, good luck anyway.

Well, I'm finding the same issues as everyone else on my unlimited Three MBB. I've found the only thing that improves the situation for me is to use the Android huaCtrl app to force my B535 to switch to B20 (no CA/LTE+). If I try B1 or B3 only or B1/B3 (LTE+), then the problem recurs.

Three Customer Service are truly appalling - takes ages to get passed the idiot mechanoids to technical support, and then they take days 'looking into' your issue.

You can try clocking up reports on Threes 'Report a Signal Issue' page, but I suspect they just ignore them:

The only action available to customers, is to make a formal complaint (be sure to get a Case ID). When they do not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, then you can request a 'Deadlock' letter which will then allow you to refer your complaint to Ofcom.

If any of you with XBox Live problems on Three are happy to share your mobile numbers with me then I can pass those on to Three UK as part of my investigation. Entirely up to you of course, just email me or send via a private 'Conversation' on this forum.

So guys just a quick update.
I have just spent an hour on the phone to 3,I laid it on thick and did not pull any punches,initially I got the offer of £10 off my next bill which I obviously refused,I threatened legal action due to them not meeting the terms of the unlimited data contracts,(which I have 5 with them),this changed the tune immediately,he told me he needs to speak to the business team and is due to ring me back around 5.30pm today,I will post the results of the conversation.
But what I will say is that everyone that has an unlimited data contract from 3 and cant download games ect,really needs to phone them and make an official complaint,that's the only way that they will stop the download block they have in place.

My experience of Three's customer service has been terrible also. The last webchat I had, I ended up throwing the towel in because I was so convinced I was talking to a computer.

Sponsored Links
Posted my comment below on the other related thread, but it's probably more relevant here, so apologies for the repetition:

Just wasted another 1.5hrs of my life in WebChat with the wholly inept mechanoids that Three have the cheek to describe as 'Customer Services'. Went through all the usual crap about rebooting, trying other SIMs etc etc. In the end she refused to direct my issue to the Network Team, so we agreed that they had not resolved my complaint to my satisfaction and I would receive a deadlock letter which I can refer to Ofcom.

Three, if you're listening: your Customer Services are not providing customers with anything which could be described as an acceptable level of service and you need to sort out your 4G network ASAP and halt your 5G rollout until you have! Otherwise your customers will 'walk' and I will be at the front of the stampede!

One tip for possibly getting slightly better support is to tweet @threeuksupport .. they will ask you to DM, then end up sending a link to a chat specific to the social media team. They are slightly more informed and local.. and I've also had followups via email. That being said they still are lacking in knowledge - but at least admit this more readily, and might be more likely to push your problem forward

(Only commenting here as I had netflix isues - not Xbox - resolved by removal of GoBinge .. but I still need to test more as mostly use at w/end in another loc, and of course this xbox issue may very well be completely different). Also I suspect there are multiple issues at work

UPDATE.
Something must be getting through,as the 3 technical team are now recognizing the fact that there is a "National" issue regarding not being able to download xbox games over the 3 network.

I will update more information as I get it.

If any of you with XBox Live problems on Three are happy to share your mobile numbers with me then I can pass those on to Three UK as part of my investigation. Entirely up to you of course, just email me or send via a private 'Conversation' on this forum.
I have sent you a message mark.

Something must be getting through,as the 3 technical team are now recognizing the fact that there is a "National" issue regarding not being able to download xbox games over the 3 network.

I don't have an XBox, but the Three Customer Services mechanoid I reported my issue to, absolutely refused to accept that there was any kind of national issue with their network at present (even when I posted links to these forum threads!). And because I wouldn't accept her proposed 'resolution' of posting me a new SIM to try, that's when we reached 'deadlock'.

Have any of you tried using a VPN to bypass any potential traffic shaping that could be going on?

So I tested when I got home and sure enough xbox live was still not downloading. So I tethered from my PC using a london based vpn (so not to breach the xbox T&C's) and it's working perfectly now. Downloading away happily.

So fairly safe to assume they have either introduced some fairly draconian traffic shaping or (more likely) someone's cocked up :)

So I tested when I got home and sure enough xbox live was still not downloading. So I tethered from my PC using a london based vpn (so not to breach the xbox T&C's) and it's working perfectly now. Downloading away happily.

So fairly safe to assume they have either introduced some fairly draconian traffic shaping or (more likely) someone's cocked up :)
The part I don't understand is that apps on the xbox download immediately, but a game or update to a game doesn't.
So that leads you to think that 3 have put some sort of block on downloading large files,I mean Halo 5 is nearly 100gig!!!!
Previous to this block I could download that game overnight,and downloading games is massive on the xbox due to the gamepass,and the fact that the storage on xbox is dire,so uninstalling and installing games is now a daily or weekly thing.

I know a lot of students that use 3 because of its simplicity and just plug and play,add to that the wifi in student accommodation is horrific to say the least.

To be honest if three have done this deliberately they deserve everything they get,and they are only hitting there core customers by doing this.

yes it is odd, smaller system updates seemed to transfer without any issues for me too but like you say pass a certain size and it's blocked.

Three are cheap at the end of the day so I kind of expect outages with them as running a 4G network is complex, but it annoys me when they won't own a problem. Even if it was a Microsoft issue, what's the harm in looking into it on behalf of their customers. It would save them time and money in the long run.

Three don't care about their existing customers. All they care about at present is trying to overtake Vodafone, O2, EE etc with their supposed "Real 5G" and increase their customer base on 12month+ contracts. The financial reports will show an increase in customer share & then they can pay their Directors big bonuses & Dividends.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules