Sponsored Links

Huawei B535 on 3 major problems.

Thanks for all the shared numbers, I've passed those on and am pressing Three for answers. They seem to be slowly getting to the bottom of this so we'll soon see what they come back with.

Been told by Three that they won't be able to get a response to me in time for my deadline on Friday, so it might slip to Monday.

Thanks. If experience is anything to go by, everyone else will just get a deadlock letter through the post telling them to contact the ombudsman :).

So relieved to see that it's not just me going through this issue, have been getting this issue on and off for about 2/3 months now. Hopefully something will be done now I've made a complaint and demanded a solution. It's been a massive runaround, contacting XBOX support and Huawei Support as Three stated every time it was their fault, only to find out it was Three's fault all along.

So relieved to see that it's not just me going through this issue, have been getting this issue on and off for about 2/3 months now. Hopefully something will be done now I've made a complaint and demanded a solution. It's been a massive runaround, contacting XBOX support and Huawei Support as Three stated every time it was their fault, only to find out it was Three's fault all along.

Welcome to the Upset at Three club - try a VPN to a UK server if you have the option, it's working for me and others. Some people seem to be able to use 3G as well currently (but you've probably tried that already).

Notice the head of Three UK stepped down this week. Wonder if its anything to do with the poor implementation of their 5g roll out?

I think that has more to do with how they're bringing the UK and Irish operations closer together (no doubt to save £££), although the mention of him departing for "personal reasons" does seem to conflict with that. The fact we'll now have one CEO for both is also a bit odd as they're two different markets.

Hey! I’ve been having the same issues. Been trying to get a response on web chat and twitter. Generally being told the same nonsense.

Had a reply today on Twitter.
”the team have been checking this out and have been able to replicate this. they're on it and working on a fix as soon as possible -Danni“

I guess we’ll see if anything happens.

So last weekend I was in Hampshire, and hit the 2Mbps netflix issue which was quickly resolved by getting rid of GoBinge. Otherwise things hung together pretty well

This week the router has been back in Brighton & family have reported it playing up. Investigating now and it's abysmal. I'm getting connection stalls constantly across multiple devices (at least 4). It's somewhat random but may be a webpage not opening for 30s, a minute, or timing out. Yet others are ok. It's as if some requests just get lost. A VPN addresses the issue and speedtests either timeout or run just fine (15-40 Mbps)

Interestingly this is so much worse than I saw in Hampshire, yet consistent with what I previously saw in Brighton, so perhaps there is a local factor at work.

Planning to contact three tomorrow as this is unsustainable.

A three handset (iPhone 8) does not show any issues.

A three handset (iPhone 8) does not show any issues.

Are you saying that you suspect the issue is Huawei B535-232 related? Do you think Three believe the same? If Three confirm this to you or you gather any evidence of it - can you update us here, so that we might also confront Three with the findings?

Last edited:
When was the last firmware for the B535 rolled out? Wondering if it was around the start of January.....

TBH anything is possibly. I simply don't have enough evidence to know for sure where the problem arises.

The logical way to approach is to change one variable at a time, monitor, then move on to the next combination

For example, I'd like to be able to try different SIMs for a sustained period, but I'm only at this location some days, and the sims are needed in personal phones. Since the problem seems to start a while after restart it's tricky to know for sure.

The usage we made of tethering was lighter than the use as a router - though only perhaps 50% more, but even then the sims are setup differently.

Since I'm on a 1 month contract dumping three isn't a huge issue, though the alternatives are more £. The more interesting Q is whether it's a B535 issue. If it is, I'd have to make a warranty claim.

The biggest issue with all these devices is they are so locked down (plus we have no insight into the network) it's hard to get all the detailed info needed to really know what's going on

I've been seeing the xbox live large download issue (no other problems for me) on a B525 and while tethering via an Android phone. So that specific issue, doesn't seem to be router related. It's fine via a vpn with with the B525 or tethered on the phone.

There could well be mulitple issues going on here, and the B535 has specific problems as well. Seems like too many people with a B535 to be coincidence. Hopefully somone with an AICube or a B310/11 can let us know if they are seeing similar issues on Three.

I think you're right about multiple issues - that always makes things hard... But it's a good observation that it's all 535..

I'd quite like to try other firmware, but with no official releases, and being unsure if the original could be restored,and with an issue still open with 3 I'm holding off.

If I could find another seemingly decent cheapish router I'd switch, but there's not many around. The firmware also doesn't look three branded. and Huawei are good at network stuff, so I'm not overly convinced it's the B535. May try vodafone more later

Ok, So whilst I wait for a callback from three technical, I hit the adhoc pauses again - pretty quickly. I tried some various locations in the house to see if I could pick up other cells, but only one really slow one.

I switched to a vodafone sim.

The important check is to see if it's reliable - if so it gives me more confidence in the B535.(I may keep it for the £79 three charged me on a 1month) .

Interestingly it's a lot lower in latency (30ms vs 50ms) as well as hitting around 120 Mbps / 40 Mbps (vs about 15 Mbps/ 16 Mbps from speedtest this morning). Vodafone is getting 4G+ (2CA) on Band 7+ ??

I’d leave but as it’s only £14/month for unlimited data including the device it’s too cheap to move away as any other provider would be at least double

I’d leave but as it’s only £14/month for unlimited data including the device it’s too cheap to move away as any other provider would be at least double
Are you using the 535 or another router?
yes pricing is very good I'd agree, but for me the current behaviour makes it near worthless for any price - sadly.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules