Sponsored Links

Huawei B535 on 3 major problems.

@Oft1950 Can I just dig into your phone vs B535 comparison a little more.
a) Are you using the same sim in both devices, or are they two seperate sims/contracts
b) Did you try different APNs? If not -- Do you happen to know what APN is configured on your phone when it seems to work - is it 3Internet or three.co.uk? How about the router?
Can't actually find a reference to the APN in my phone's setup. I guess OnePlus do things differently. It's different Sims in the 2 devices. Routers APN is 3internet.

My //guess// is that it's set to three.co.uk which is usually for handsets. Apparently the difference is that 3Internet may have longer dhcp lease times & doesn't use CGNAT, plus offers IPv6? (not checked). three.co.uk is always behind nat (but then so is vodafone, smarty, o2, ee etc!)

I tried switching the B535 to the three.co.uk apn 2 weeks ago,and it didn't completely go well - but at the time I would have had 2 unresolved issues confusing matters, so I'm going to try it again.

Unfortunately not at the router until the w/end, though may be able to get someone else to make the change..

Worth a try (but I said that before) - just in terms of focussing on the differences between what works, and what doesn't.

So i have being having router issues with 3 for the last week or so where my xbox says installation stopped and thought i wpuld tey one last effort to get it to work and it is now working, What you need to do is go to your hi link app, then at the top press the tools button then when you are on that screen pres link+ on the next screen you need to go to your router and there should be an orange symbol press on that icon and then restore factory setting and start the device as if its put of the box then set up using hi link app hope this helps other too

So i have being having router issues with 3 for the last week or so where my xbox says installation stopped and thought i wpuld tey one last effort to get it to work and it is now working, What you need to do is go to your hi link app, then at the top press the tools button then when you are on that screen pres link+ on the next screen you need to go to your router and there should be an orange symbol press on that icon and then restore factory setting and start the device as if its put of the box then set up using hi link app hope this helps other too
Just tried and unfortunately no luck for me.

Reset the router. Did all the usual setup stuff. Booted the Xbox and the same old trusty ‘Installation stopped‘ error message is there to welcome me.

And there I was thinking that it was just me!! So I use a TPLink router with a Three unlimited data SIM card and I've been having the exact same problems. I'd gone through the process of speaking to both MS and Three and both pointed the finger at each other (Three were far less convincing that it wasn't a problem on their end). Hopefully they can fix this soon...

Hopefully they can fix this soon...

That seems unlikely at present as Three are in denial that they have a problem. Please contact them and raise your issue with them. Raise a complaint and if necessary, refer it to Ofcom.

Also, your input has been useful in indicating that the issue is not specific to the Huawei B535-232.

I've been having the same issues and this is definitely specifically a Three network issue, on my Xbox One S console any large download instantly says installation stopped but through a different network provider all downloads work fine. Everyone experiencing this issue should take the time to report this issue if we are ever to get it fixed.

Is anyone using SMARTY in a B535. intrigued if this is suffering or working well. My reasoning is it also uses the three.co.uk APN & enforces cgnat -- and maybe there are more differences with traffic routing ..

Just requested a STAC code to start a 30 day countdown (as it's a 1 month contract). I may stay if fixed, or smarty if I hear any good news

I have a sneaky suspicion this is something to do with the network migration to the new cloud core.

I've also just noticed that when you log in to your 3 account online, there's a new landing page which asks for your mobile number. When I enter my number, it redirects to the old My 3 login page to log in as usual.

It just reminds me of when Vodafone were moving everyone over, their systems were split for ages between the new and the old ones (I worked there) during migration. Online logon was very similar where mobile number would query some database in the back-end to ensure you're sent to the right customer-facing system.

I've tried all of my 3 numbers just now and they all re-direct to the old login (My3Account2018 in the address bar)

I reported the Xbox download issues to three today via the web chat and the initial response was that it's not a fault on their end to which I explained many other customers are also having the same issues, they made some notes and gave me a number to call, I called the number and they first tried to tell me to reset my router etc but I explained that I'd already tried all the troubleshooting steps, in the end they did acknowledge others were having these issues and they're apparently looking into it, they've escalated it for me anyway but I'm not too hopeful. I think the more people take the time to report this the more chance we have of getting a fix.

stumbled across this post last night and couldn't believe what i was reading. I've had this issue since dec 2019 and can confirm it effects SMARTY as well i'm using a Huawei E3372 dongle into a raspberry pi openwrt box..i switched to Three about 3 weeks ago as it 'seemed' to offer better performance and then last week got hit again with xbox problem..my usual 'tether to a phone' to kick start update and then reconnect the Three LAN couple wouldn't work either (had previously)..ended up taking the xbox into work to resolve...Three but NOT SMARTY are also restricting netflix / fast.com, i only get 4mb download on fast.com with a three sim if I swap to SMARTY sim into same kit 30/35 mb...i web chatted to Three today and made them aware about Xbox problem, they were very helpful and allowed me to terminate my contract no penalty...i also suspect dropping the router / dongle to non 'LTE' connection will allow the xbox updates, this will be what I try next when an xbox update is required...so now, i'm back on smarty ATM until I see how this develops...hope this helps some of you, any questions...just ask

...literally, my three 4G connection just gone off...went to web UI and unticked 'support LTE networks'...every straight back on in instant, i'm gonna leave on this to see if web pages still sluggish / stutter...i'd read about 'gobinge' but to be honest was happy to take contract termination as i don;t think anyone knows how long this will drag on..it's already been at least 3 months

Removing Go Binge is just a placebo, it doesn’t change how your traffic is managed at all. I've tested this across multiple lines.. I wish it did work.
I disagree (for me)

It had an effect for me. For example the fast.com speed test visually went from 2 to line speed. Most Netflix issues went away

But stalls remain. I've still seen connections stall and timeout many many times plus issues like Alexa trying to play BBC world.

So it's absolutely not the magic bullet more the most serious problem for me but it did make a small helpful change

I think we have multiple potential issues overlapping.

In summary though my connecting is still unusable via 3. Requested STAC code yesterday. My plan is to start the cancellation process running

Same issue here. Three 'unlimited' sim running on a tp link. Download speed is 75mb normally.
Xbox download fails.
Using my three phone hotspot worked for about 20 mins then that stopped too.
Using my ee hotspot worked fine (but I only have 20mb) because ee is expensive.
I just switched my router to 3g only and the xbox is now downloading at 13-30mb.

The above shows it is clearly a problem with three 4g service.

So I have found a bit of a workaround. This might not apply to everyone. In addition to my Three connection, I also still have a Sky broadband connection (but it only runs at 6mbps). If I start or resume a download with the xbox connected to that, and then plug the network cable back in to my xbox once the download is running, the download will continue on the 4G connection. However if I then stop the download and try to restart it on the 4G connection, then I get the problem again. Seems that the issue could be around the initial handshake from the 4G network to the download servers. Just a thought.

Same issue here. Three 'unlimited' sim running on a tp link. Download speed is 75mb normally.
Xbox download fails.
Using my three phone hotspot worked for about 20 mins then that stopped too.
Using my ee hotspot worked fine (but I only have 20mb) because ee is expensive.
I just switched my router to 3g only and the xbox is now downloading at 13-30mb.

The above shows it is clearly a problem with three 4g service.
So that’s a different router being used so it’s not the B535. Agreed it seems to be all pointing at Three 4G.

Switching to 3G in router setting seemed to be working for me last night after not working earlier in the week.

So that’s a different router being used so it’s not the B535. Agreed it seems to be all pointing at Three 4G.

Switching to 3G in router setting seemed to be working for me last night after not working earlier in the week.
I have twox three unlimited sim routers,both won't download but would if the nat type was on strict,bought different router £90 ac750 to.this did exactly the same,works on strict.not going to bother contacting them anymore, Vodafone unlimited now £38 will pay just to keep 4 Xbox players happy.vote with your feet if possible

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5470)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules