Sponsored Links

Huawei B535 on 3 major problems.

Anyone still having issues, manually change your DNS settings to Google DNS servers on your Xbox.

Go into Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual > Enter 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS > Enter 8.8.4.4 as secondary DNS.

Hopefully, that solves your download issues especially since we are now in lockdown. I've just downloaded COD Warzone which is a 96 GB download, which before changing my DNS settings would not even begin to download.

Good luck!

Resetting the router didn’t work for me. I tried pressing the pin button on the back of the B525 and resetting through the app. Eventually got it working by resetting the Xbox (again).

Glad it’s working. It’ll be nice to have some escapism with everything else going on.

Anyone still having issues, manually change your DNS settings to Google DNS servers on your Xbox.

Go into Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Manual > Enter 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS > Enter 8.8.4.4 as secondary DNS.

Hopefully, that solves your download issues especially since we are now in lockdown. I've just downloaded COD Warzone which is a 96 GB download, which before changing my DNS settings would not even begin to download.

Good luck!

Apparently with everyone at home under lockdown, most folks are switching to home wifi, so the 4g networks are becoming less contended. I've noticed it too!

I too have given up calling Three Customer Services - they're simply ineffective & a waste of customers time. Their only purpose is to 'deflect' incoming requests for support into a sinkhole (I hope Three senior management bother to read what their customers actually think). I'll take action when my contract is up by leaving Three and I encourage others to do so.

I'll be leaving as soon as my contract is up, or if they do not fix this issue soon then terminating contract for failing to provide service.

The only reason I went with them is because I have had their phone contract for a long time and received a discount on a 4G router. I'll go back to my 20mb copper line over this, at least it was consistent.

I'm having similat issues to planetf1, and i'm about 10 miles down the road from you.

[edit] Next day, sods law that it now works as normal.

Last edited:
I've also noticed that they're doing weird things to VPN providers' sites or security research, e.g. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/, https://protonvpn.com, https://check.torproject.org. My browsers all refuse to connect on the basis of certs being invalid, and my VPN agent refuses to connect to its own API for the same reason.

I can browse the same sites over an O2 hotspot, but not on 3.

Have switched to always on VPN on a RPi, then connecting through that over 3. That now works.

Sad that I can't trust my own network provider.

Strangely I was receiving a better connection through a VPN (nord), however my internet went completely down on the home broadband today. My phone was working so I switched the APN setting on the router from 3internet to three.co.uk which has me back up and running with a more stable connection at a cost of speed.

I've also noticed that they're doing weird things to VPN providers' sites or security research, e.g. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/, https://protonvpn.com, https://check.torproject.org. My browsers all refuse to connect on the basis of certs being invalid, and my VPN agent refuses to connect to its own API for the same reason.

Have switched to always on VPN on a RPi, then connecting through that over 3. That now works.

I've pinned this down to differences in APNs, so thankfully have got it all working again.

Hi there. So i seem to be having the same problem of gaming consoles and the 4G broadband with the huawei b535 issue. When connected to 4G i am getting really good speeds and full signal but i cant use any party chat functions, see friends or messages on my ps4 and i have to constantly keep resetting the router or doing a internet test on it which makes it work for about 20 minutes. I have changed the network settings to 3G and haven't had any issues whatsoever apart from the obvious being that the download and upload speeds are poor. Is it a router problem or a network problem? i have looked for so many fixes and been on the phone to three and am still drawing a blank. Would a different router fix this problem? thanks

Would a different router fix this problem? thanks

Oh hello - I gave you a mention (in regards to Huawei B535 & Three) over in this thread:

I'm not sure that a different router would "fix this problem", but there does seem to be a number of people suggesting that a different network (eg. Vodafone) would fix the issue.

Hi there. So i seem to be having the same problem of gaming consoles and the 4G broadband with the huawei b535 issue. When connected to 4G i am getting really good speeds and full signal but i cant use any party chat functions, see friends or messages on my ps4 and i have to constantly keep resetting the router or doing a internet test on it which makes it work for about 20 minutes. I have changed the network settings to 3G and haven't had any issues whatsoever apart from the obvious being that the download and upload speeds are poor. Is it a router problem or a network problem? i have looked for so many fixes and been on the phone to three and am still drawing a blank. Would a different router fix this problem? thanks
Simply sounds like you’re being throttled by the network. Unlikely any router etc will help you with that. As above it’s likely only another network will help.

Hi everyone!I`m having the same issue with my ps4. If I use the unlimited three sim card in my phone as hotspot I have no problem. If I put the same sim in the B535 router it works for a while and then it kicks me out the server (I`m playing Fifa20). It seems to work fine with 3g ONLY but of course the speed is awful. I`ve tried to put a Vodafone Data sim card but I`m having a Nat3 so I can`t play online and I can`t find a way to change it. Hopefully someone has updates.

Hi there again,
I`ve solved my issue with the b535 and ps4 using a Vpn directly from the router. I still have NAT 3 but I can play online without a problem and using the party function with my friends. Of course the speed is much better because I`m using only 4g. Hope this helps

Me to .. I use HMA VPN and have no more issues with loading pages. Interestingly tho, 3 have blocked HMA unless I guess you have 'adult content' blocker removed.

I switched off the VPN today. Back to constant stalls on tls sites. Why the hell should I have to pay for a VPN just to make my paid for network work? I've tried to contact 3 support, but all they care about is signal strength and "I've reset your profile for you", which is utter drivel. I know they're down on staff at the moment, like many places, but this has been months now.

Three is totally uninterested in customer problems, I thought Virgin Media were bad, but they are just incompetent. Three on the other hand are so up to their own necks in a problem that they don't have the knowledge to fix, so they've resigned themselves to pretending it doesn't exist.

You'd think they'd actually be bothered about the negative publicity they're getting daily, but it just doesn't register as important for them when they're PR team is flogging its "ultra-great 5g" and they can sign up new customers to that daily.

Why the hell should I have to pay for a VPN just to make my paid for network work? I've tried to contact 3 support, but all they care about is signal strength and "I've reset your profile for you", which is utter drivel. I know they're down on staff at the moment, like many places, but this has been months now.
You need to complain to the Ombudsman (see https://www.ombudsman-services.org/). However, be aware that the Ombudsman insists that they cannot accept your complaint until either a) Three have set out their "final position" regarding your complaint b) 8 weeks have passed since you complained to Three. The issue is, that it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact Three in order to raise a complaint with them in the first place!! I complained to the Ombudsman that Three are effectively 'blocking' complaints about their Mobile Broadband service by removing all methods of contacting them. But the Ombudsman told me they could not respond to my complaint, because I had not raised the complaint with Three!!! Utterly ridiculous!!

OFCOM is just another toothless QUANGO. It makes me wonder how many MP's have financial interests in telco's, (especially just looking at the ridiculous covid tracing App the government is pushing (created and ran by none other than SERCO, which is effectively ran by MP's and their families!). What else should we expect?

Hi everyone,

I found a solution that worked immediately for me, so I wanted to share it:

I had the same issue (EE SIM in Huawei B535) and had internet on phone/PC/tablets etc. but no smart devices/Xbox Live/Chromecast connecting. No luck with EE or Huawei support (although both tried, to be fair). So here we go:

1. Log in to the router (192.168.8.1).

2. Go to the Network tab.

3. Click to add an APN (plus on the APN list).

4. Create an APN profile (just make up a name) and leave the username and password fields blank.

5. In the IP Type box, select IPv4 (the default is IPv4 & IPv6).

6. Save the profile and set it as the default.

Done!

Suddenly everything connected and works perfectly. No need for a VPN, downswitching to 3G or changing DNS settings (I can't be 100% on this last part, since I'd already changed the VPN settings to Google, but that hadn't made any difference).

I hope that helps some of you!

P.S. - Some people have reported that they can't see the IP Type setting. Another user has suggested that you can show it by inspecting the page to
make it visible or open a console (F12) once you are on the form and type;

$('#ip_type').show();

This should add the right option (which is hidden otherwise)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I found a solution that worked immediately for me, so I wanted to share it:

I had the same issue (EE SIM in Huawei B535) and had internet on phone/PC/tablets etc. but no smart devices/Xbox Live/Chromecast connecting. No luck with EE or Huawei support (although both tried, to be fair). So here we go:

1. Log in to the router (192.168.8.1).

2. Go to the Network tab.

3. Click to add an APN (plus on the APN list).

4. Create an APN profile (just make up a name) and leave the username and password fields blank.

5. In the IP Type box, select IPv4 (the default is IPv4 & IPv6).

6. Save the profile and set it as the default.

Done!

Suddenly everything connected and works perfectly. No need for a VPN, downswitching to 3G or changing DNS settings (I can't be 100% on this last part, since I'd already changed the VPN settings to Google, but that hadn't made any difference).

I hope that helps some of you!
There is no option for IP Type on my B535-232

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules