Sponsored Links

Huawei B535/Three new router set up

its looks like they are doing work in your area?

Yes, I've typed my postcode in and it says that work is taking place in the area. That's got to be the most likely reason it won't connect to 12515! Any idea how long these upgrades take?

@GavinAshford - when I enabled only B1 it connects me to cell_ID 7485597, id - 29240 which isn't even on the CellMapper map!!

Missing cells/masts is likely because there isn't many people in the area providing data - looks like most masts haven't been 'seen' in 10 days.

The best thing you could do is install cellmapper (needs an android device) and go around the area to collect data to try get it mapped.

There is a potentially un-mapped mast in Radbrook Nature Reserve (it hosts EE), that could now be serving 4G on B1 for Three too.

Hi,

I've just signed up to the Three Unlimited Mobile Broadband package with the Huawei B535-232 router.

I plugged everything in this morning, found a good location for the router with 5 bars and I was only receiving around 1Mbps speed (significantly less than our copper internet). I read a few posts on the forum about changing various settings so I tried changing the channel of the 2Ghz from Auto to a specific channel (I chose number 3). I've also checked CellMapper to see which post I was connected to and it appears I'm connected to one that is just a couple of streets over.

After switching the channel my speeds finally jumped up to around 20Mbps which I was really happy with but after half an hour or so it dropped back down to the extremely slow speeds again.

I've tried resetting the router but this doesn't seem to have worked.

Does anyone have some simple advice about various things I could try with the settings to get back up to the 20Mbps?

It's extremely frustrating as it's proven that I can get relatively high speeds compared to what I've had with the standard broadband, and Three claim that I am in a good coverage area, but I just can't get the speed consistently! Surely I should be getting speeds higher than 1Mbps?!?

Thanks in advance!
You need to put it back in the box and return it under whatever the 14/30 day return policy

Not kidding - I had it for 8 months and never worked right.

A combination of the 535 being junk and the 3 packet shaping breaking everything for me even though I got 50-100+mb speed tests

Moved to vodafone and I cant tell you the starkness of the improvement - web page loading 10 times faster, fast forwarding a video would be 20sec of egg timer every time - instant on vodafone, ever alexa multiroom working every time , once in a blue moon on 3

Wasnt fit for purpose for me.

It's made me realise the uk broadband market is broke. Extending to 24 month contracts and if its no good you're lumbered on a 24 month contract

I was a big fan on 3 in the past - likely will never buy off them again

535 is not so bad, once you put in a different provider it works great.

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules