Sponsored Links

Huawei B535 Unlocked on EE Issue

drbenway

Hi All,

I'm new to this so apologies is this is a stupid question:

I have just bought a B353 unlocked and put an EE unlimited 4G SIM in it.
The very important point is that the issue below does not occur if I put the EE Sim in a 4GEE mobile router or, if I put an O2 SIM in the Huawei. It's only the EE Sim in the Huawei that causes the problems.

Firstly, the LAN side of the router gives me an IPv4 address on either wifi or ethernet as expected, all great.

The 4G connects and gives about 25mb down and 15 up using the provided rabbit ears. Still great

However, lots of stuff stops working for my work provided services that don't support ipv6 (I'm guessing) as I immediately lose any IPv4 connectivity to the Internet. If I ping www.google.co.uk, it works but only on IPv6.

The status shows that the router gets an Ipv6 address but no ipv4. If I put the EE Sim in the 4GEE I get an IPv4 as well as IPv6 address and everything works on the laptop. If I put o2 SIM in the Huawei I get both v4 and v6 too and again, everything works.

I can't find any config panels to mess about with 4G connections other than picking apn. Why doesn't EE give it an ipv4 address but it does for the 4GEE MyFI router?

Basically, if I want to use IPv4 addresses at all from my laptop and I really want to keep the EE SIM (very fast and 3 doesn't work here very well at all) do I need to send the b535 back and get a TP-LINK? Is there a hidden config page? It seems VERY light on detail TBH. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've put up with very poor ADSL for years and was really hoping that this would be the answer when my EE phone, acting as a wifi hub outdid the ADSL at 50mb down on a good day. Last point, as well as the 4GEE router, the phone as a hub allows me to ping IPv4 addresses without an issue.

Many thanks in advance!
Cheers
Julian

You need to create a new APN setting it to IPv4 only, but I doubt whether the B535 allows you to do that as the B525 and B715 do not. If so your B535 is as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Sponsored Links
Th

Thanks very much. Can't see anywhere to specify IPv4 in that.. Just the name, which is currently "everywhere".
It's given me a starting point though so thanks a lot... BTW, is the TP-link (model... you tell me), any more configurable in this regard?
Thanks
Julian

Then its the same as the B525 and B715, there is no access to the IPv4/6 settings in these either despite having an APN editing screen.

Sponsored Links
I was working on my old B525 and it has new firmware with bridging I added a few weeks ago, it does have an option when creating a new APN to set ipv4/6. So its firmware related as to whether you can change that setting.

Excellent, thanks. Looks like I'm swapping routers.
Thanks all!
Please don't get too excited though. I am having a good experience with the MR600, but just as with the Huawei routers, you find many people having issues with TP-Link equivalents. If you can, buy from somewhere with a rock solid returns policy (you know the online store I mean) and give yourself the chance to try before you fully commit.

In my experience, Huawei appear to secure the best 4G signals, whereas TP-Link have much better user interfaces and controls.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules