Sponsored Links

Huawei b535

Markyg

Hi, I have recently baught a huawei b535 on the three network, it didn't come with any additional antennas, can anyone tell me weather its worth purchasing these separately to improve my signal, or is it not worth it. Thanks.

Have a read through some of the posts relating to the router, Three and/or antennas in the Mobile Broadband forum sub-category (which is where this post would be best suited too...)

The short answer is: it depends (on a lot of things!).

Sponsored Links
What speeds are you currently getting? When I got an external antenna, I got another 20mbps speed increase which was with Voxi. This doesn't seem to be the case for Smarty and it's in a different room.

I tried a couple of antenna's from amazon and my speeds and signal decreased by quite a margin, but you may have better luck.

I have a 525 and a 535 and at the location I use the 535 the aerials (rabbit ears) are required so it must depend on where you are. The 525 location used to be the same but now is marginally better without them, something at the site must have been changed/upgraded over time.

Sponsored Links
Yesterday evening whilst watching you-tube my connection started buffering, so I rebooted my router as usual expecting it to sort itself out (something I've come to expect from three).

Unfortunately this didn't resolve the problem. From 5:30pm yesterday evening my B535 was totally offline. It would connect to the mast, provide all the usual signal figures, the router functioned as usual but was not connected to the internet at all.

All connections to the router were working but the with zero internet connectivity. I factory reset the thing, cleaned off the SIM but it made zero difference.

Strangely my mobile on the same mast worked perfectly fine on 4g during this period, so i tried changing the router APN but that did nothing either.

I didn't think it wise to try my phone sim in the router in-case it was the router at fault, so I left the router unplugged for 2 hours. When I tried it again at 8pm and it rebooted and connected to the internet just fine again.

Downdetector reported some major outage in my area. (Nottinghamshire)

Just wondered if anyone else noticed the same issue?

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5444)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2227)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1955)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1649)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules