Sponsored Links

Huawei B818-263

teleman6868

Pro Member
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Huawei B818-263 that’s currently on Amazon for £185 unlocked? Impressive specs. CAT19.

Thanks

• Huawei B818-263 is the world's first LTE CAT19 CPE router, powered by HiSilicon's latest chipset Balong 765.
  • The rapid 4G router provides download speeds of 1600Mbps (256QAM) and upload speeds of 50Mbps (64QAM).
  • The device is equipped with 4 internal antennas which extend the data transmission range by 40% to produce a strong and stable signal whether you are at home, holiday or for business use
  • Produce a secure Wi-Fi hotspot connecting up to 64 devices with a powerful Wi-Fi coverage wherever you may be!
  • Huawei B818 router is unlocked to all networks, so use the SIM card of your choice.
The Huawei LTE CPE B818-263 is a Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless gateway for multiple users in household or small office environments. It enables access to the internet with fast and reliable speeds. The B818-263 supports 3GPP Release 13 with UE downlink category 19 and uplink category 13. It has a range of different functions, such as download speeds of 1600Mbps (256QAM) and upload speeds of 150Mbps (64QAM). The working bands include: LTE: B1/3/5/7/8/20/28/32/38/40(2300~2390MHz)/41/42/43, UMTS: B1/5/8. It supports voice services: CS/ VoIP (Optional) / VoLTE (Optional). Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac. 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 2x2 MIMO up to 300Mbps, 5GHz Wi-Fi 2x2 MIMO up to 867Mbps. You will be able to connect up to 64 users with a powerful Wi-Fi coverage. It has 1 GE port for LAN/WAN, 1 GE port for LAN, Multi APN function (Optional) for Data, Voice (VoIP), TR-069 services and Routing mode: NAT enable (Default) / IP pass-through (Optional). You will be able to manage the device via WebUI or HUAWEI SmartHome APP (iOS or Android). The Huawei B818-263 Router is ideal for small office users, that want to take advantage of 4G connectivity and share it with multiple wireless and wired devices.

Sounds an improvement on the B535!

Sounds like a very interesting device indeed. Interestingly I'm in China right now and Huawei themselves don't seem to be selling this device yet. They are still selling the B535 for about £50 alongside their 5G router and MiFi.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a very interesting device indeed. Interestingly I'm in China right now and Huawei themselves don't seem to be selling this device yet. They are still selling the B535 for about £50 alongside their 5G router and MiFi.
Its been out a while, since early 2020, surprised its not for sale there.
i think its called Huawei 4G Router 3 Prime.

There’s little in the way of commentary on the web about it, but I’ll give it a go and report back. As we know, good on paper doesn’t always translate to real world results.

I’ve just got one and it pulls in the same as the Samsung a90 I was using as a hotspot but that’s as much as I can tell you so far!

I’ve just got one and it pulls in the same as the Samsung a90 I was using as a hotspot but that’s as much as I can tell you so far!
Do you have any other router to compare it to? The internal antenna on the B818 is supposed to be very good.

Sponsored Links
Here's some initial feedback on the B818-263:
- Same user interface as the B535
- Works with LTE H-Monitor
- Gives me the best signal stats of any 4G router that I've tried.
- Upload and download performance are slightly better than other routers.
- I'm using the internal antennae. It has TS-9 adapters so I can't try my Poynting aerial, but I'm unlikely to bother getting adapters as signal strength is reporting 75%.

I think I am getting the best I can from Three given my distance from the tower, and am getting carrier aggregation.

I have been using a Huawei B563s-22 for many years which has given me the most reliable band 3 performance. In recent times I've tried the Huawei B535, TP-Link MR600, Mikrotik Chateau LTE12, D-Link-921 and Zyxel LTE3301-PLUS with varying degrees of success. The B563s-22 will now take a well-earned rest as my backup.

I cannot comment on wi-fi performance as I have that disabled and use APs.

Happy to answer any questions.

I've not had this router long, but early signs are positive.

Last edited:
And a few more things.....
- Only allowed 8 reserved IP addresses (aaarggghh)
- There is a bridge mode option, but I’ve not tested it
- DNS server selection can be shown using the Chrome console hack
- Firmware is 10.0.2.2 (H190SP1C983)
- It only appeared mid-August on Amazon. Prices are variable from different sellers. I got mine direct from Amazon for £185 which appears good value

Last edited:
Just got one to try, getting a lot better speeds on 3 with it 90mb+ , due to the external antennas working, unlike the 5G 112-372 router.,which just dont work.

Not tried my EE sim in it yet.

Just got one to try, getting a lot better speeds on 3 with it 90mb+ , due to the external antennas working, unlike the 5G 112-372 router.,which just dont work.

Not tried my EE sim in it yet.
Well done getting those speeds on 3. Something many of us have tried and failed at. You must be in one of the few perfect areas for them.

Sponsored Links
I’m a long way from the tower, stats being RSRQ-4.0dB, RSRP-100dBm, RSSI-79dBm, SINR17dB (lovely clear day). I ran an early morning speed test and got 80Mbps down and 22Mbps up. And the Grand Prix has streamed faultlessly this afternoon too.

Well done getting those speeds on 3. Something many of us have tried and failed at. You must be in one of the few perfect areas for them.

yes, seems to be two masts that are both good near me for 3.

I also have a poynting 5G xpol2 directional antenna though.

Took the 5G router and EE sim to the girlfriends last night, 280 down and 19 up, shocking!! :-(

107 down for me gone 3pm in the afternoon, the signal is better than EE now.

333333333333333333333.jpg

One week with the B818. Easily the best 4G router I’ve tried.

My only minor issue is that I still have to fix band 3 using LTE H-Monitor. Left to its own devices, the router will sometimes switch to band 20 with a massive loss in performance, and nothing but a reboot will make it return to band 3.

But fixing to band 3 works great, and stability has been top notch.

Thanks for reviewing this router. Are you still sufffering the web page loading/stalling issues with it?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for reviewing this router. Are you still sufffering the web page loading/stalling issues with it?
Yes, but that’s a network thing.

I have found that Cloudflare Warp stops the stalling, and it’s been running well on iPhones, iPads and a laptop.

Last edited:
Do you have any other router to compare it to? The internal antenna on the B818 is supposed to be very good.
Apologies, I missed this! I only have my Mikrotik STX6 to compare it with and the 818 was a lot simpler and easier to use and seemed to get a more stable signal. The only reason I am sticking with the Mikrotik is I want POE for simplicity

I don’t suppose anyone can confirm if the B818’s bridge mode works? I don’t have a spare router to test it out. Thanks.

There's certainly a menu item there with a switch to turn Bridge mode on or off, so I would assume it would work OK.

Incidentally, to answer the original question, I have been testing the Huawei B618 against the Huawei B818 and the Mikrotik SXT LTE6 kit and the B818 comes out top for better signal capture and better download and upload speeds. This is after previously finding that the B618 was faster than the B525 or B535 or some of the earlier routers.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Sky Broadband UK ISP Logo
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5443)
  2. BT (3497)
  3. Politics (2513)
  4. Openreach (2285)
  5. Business (2242)
  6. Building Digital UK (2226)
  7. FTTC (2040)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1954)
  9. Statistics (1770)
  10. 4G (1648)
  11. Virgin Media (1603)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1446)
  13. Wireless Internet (1384)
  14. Fibre Optic (1384)
  15. FTTH (1380)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules