Sponsored

Huawei B818-263

eccles

ULTIMATE Member
Three doesn't appear to use 4x4 on my local tower. Every month or so I unplug the Poynting antenna, resite the B818 for optimum results, switch to using the internal antennae and check for speed. Every time so far there has been no noticeable difference in performance. I get pretty good speeds with carrier aggregation of B1 & B3 though.

GavinAshford

ULTIMATE Member
To elaborate a bit more, from what I have observed, Samsung based B3/B20 sites as well as the new poles of wonder/5G enabled building or lattice towers seem to be 4x4 enabled, whereas the older swaps from Samsung to Huawei with 'basic' 2100Mhz refarm from 3G to 4G B1 (basic in the sense that no other bands are added, nor antennas replaced) then they seem to remain 2x2.

On the subject of antennas, if you are able to see (or photo a closeup of) the feeders into the bottom of the antennas you should be able to determine if they're 2x2 or 4x4 MIMO due to the number of connections.

Actually being able to use 4x4 MIMO, assuming your device is capable of it on the bands being broadcast, is also difficult, rank 4 (all 4 streams of 4x4 MIMO) is rare and needs almost ideal signal metrics. Rank 3 (3 streams of 4x4) is somewhat easier as it needs less ideal signal conditions, and so on.

henrybui83

Does anyone have the link for Huawei Manager app ? I want fix my B818 to band 3 but could not find the app (the link on page 15 is dead)

Lucian

ULTIMATE Member
Does anyone have the link for Huawei Manager app ? I want fix my B818 to band 3 but could not find the app (the link on page 15 is dead)

The free version is no more, but you can still find it around on various sites such as (also untested and at your own risk):

Mr Choo

Pro Member
Use LTE manager, does the same job of selecting bands.

Sodre

Can someone help me?
I'm from Brazil and I bought the huawei b818. Current version: 10.0.5.2(H190SP1C74)
I'm roaming and I can't connect to the router. I saw that the original version has this option to enable roaming.
Have any solution?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 54

Lapdog6067

Casual Member
Is this router capable of being placed into modem mode like a virgin router? I am looking for plain vanilla modem mode to supply a pfsense firewall.

cabo

Can someone help me?
I'm from Brazil and I bought the huawei b818. Current version: 10.0.5.2(H190SP1C74)
I'm roaming and I can't connect to the router. I saw that the original version has this option to enable roaming.
Have any solution?
I have exactly the same issue. I have used the browser inspector to enable the switch but it doesn't work. If you download the Huawei app on the smartphone the switch is available by default but it will automatically deactivate after enabling it....
Let me know if you find a solution.

Sodre

I have exactly the same issue. I have used the browser inspector to enable the switch but it doesn't work. If you download the Huawei app on the smartphone the switch is available by default but it will automatically deactivate after enabling it....
Let me know if you find a solution.
"If you download the Huawei app on your smartphone, the switch will be available by default, but it will be automatically disabled after enabling it...." exactly that!!!
If you manage to solve this problem let me know.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £17.99
    Speed 33Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Shell Energy £20.99
    Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • NOW £22.00
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99
    Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £70 Reward Card
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest Ultrafast ISPs
  • Gigaclear £17.00
    Speed: 200Mbps, Unlimited
  • Community Fibre £17.99
    Speed: 150Mbps, Unlimited
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Speed: 158Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: Promo code: BIGBANG
  • Vodafone £25.00
    Speed: 100Mbps, Unlimited
  • Virgin Media £27.00
    Speed: 108Mbps, Unlimited
Large Availability | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (4221)
  2. BT (3183)
  3. Politics (2152)
  4. Building Digital UK (2042)
  5. Openreach (1998)
  6. FTTC (1931)
  7. Business (1872)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1632)
  9. Statistics (1525)
  10. 4G (1400)
  11. FTTH (1372)
  12. Virgin Media (1302)
  13. Ofcom Regulation (1252)
  14. Fibre Optic (1247)
  15. Wireless Internet (1246)
  16. Vodafone (940)
  17. 5G (926)
  18. EE (922)
  19. TalkTalk (832)
  20. Sky Broadband (795)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules