Sponsored Links

Huawei B818-263

I really don't understand what your trying to say, but if you're trying to solve poor WiFi coverage by constantly changing the router it's not going to work. You've said you have thick stone walls, WiFi does not travel well through thick stones walls, you can't change physics.
basically i am looking for something that connects with my B818 router to extend the signal across the house, Such as a removable mesh set up. We don't want cables in our walls. In the other message i wrote i was trying to help someone regarding the slow EE signal for unlimited.

Evening all,
Wondering if any of you have experienced the same issue.
New B818-263 with EE sim card (unlimited data contract), doing a test 50m from a mast that according to cellmapper has 2x B3s and 1x B20 (all EE). First night I tested it the download speed was 80 - 100 Mbps and Upload around 50Mbps, following day (and ever since) the download speed does not go above 25Mbps but upload is still +50Mbps. The router config page shows 4G+ so I assume carrier aggregation is active.
Any advice please?
Thanks.
Just been on the phone to EE for 2 hours. My unlimited card only means 600GB. Its says unlimited but in the T&C it is only 600GB fair usage. They have slowed down my signal so anymore than 1 person on it we get no signal errrr. Not sure what the law is.

Well 600GB isn't unlimited, and the definition of fair use isn't really helpful as that would differ person to person.
Sadly slowing down your connection to make it almost unusable means that at best you could argue you are not receiving the service advertised, but technically they are still supplying you data.

The unlimited versus fair use argument has been going on for year's, unfortunately they've got away with it and continue to do so.

Sadly, O2s is the same. Only Vodafone (9TB) and Three (No FUP) are left.

There is also the business tariff which is a similar cost with an increased FUP of 1TB so maybe they can bump you over to that?

There is also the business tariff which is a similar cost with an increased FUP of 1TB so maybe they can bump you over to that?
I don't think they let you move over to business tarrifs from Personal ones. EE are scumbags with their low FUPs and high prices.

Well 600GB isn't unlimited, and the definition of fair use isn't really helpful as that would differ person to person.
Sadly slowing down your connection to make it almost unusable means that at best you could argue you are not receiving the service advertised, but technically they are still supplying you data.
I made a complaint via email.
Today my data restarted it's self (every 18th of the month it does) and the speeds are fantastic.
EE phoned me today, they were not backing down and said i could cancel my contract free of charge, so i did. I will be cancelling my other two contracts with them when they are up. They completely lied about it being UNLIMITED. The thing is they are still advertising on their website as unlimited, they don't have anything saying 'you must refer to the T&C of what unlimited means'. Why would anyone look at T&C if they are buying an unlimited. I just want people to be aware when signing up for an Unlimited EE sim for their router. Now i need to look for another unlimited data sim - Three say that they are unlimited and i can't see any info saying it's capped.

I'm thinking of Three are they really unlimited? i don't know what to believe now, scanned through T&C for Three and couldn't see anything saying it's capped
No, three is completely unlimited. Vodafone has 9TB as thats the Max their equipment allows.

I'm thinking of Three are they really unlimited? i don't know what to believe now, scanned through T&C for Three and couldn't see anything saying it's capped
Hi Tmac,

I've been with three for years now and can confirm they are truly unlimited.

I regularly use terabytes per month with lots of 4K streaming and numerous Xbox game updates in the large GB sizes.

They never say a peep or throttle my connection.

They are plagued now with heavy contention in a lot of places though, so I must stress you check what speeds your location can provide by using a PAYG sim or a piggybacker like ID or Smarty etc.

I'm lucky enough to still have a good download speed where I am, but please do check first.

no caps, no FUPs. They used to have a 1TB FUP but they sort of tried to claim it was not really a cap but thats what you could get if you downloaded constantly. Anyway they removed that some time ago. They don't slow you down either. Used 1.2TB last month, still full speed. Of course it's a mobile network and is subject to being shared, capacity issues all that stuff.

As for FUPs not much you can do really. Yes we can argue that a 600GB limit on EE means it's not really unlimited, it might not even hold up if you go to court but I bet most of us wouldn't take it that far, we'd just cancel. But the ombudsman and advertising standards people do allow FUPs to allow networks to "protect" themselves but it must only affect 2% of users or less.

If you want real unlimited, the only network I know of that does it without FUPs or slowing you down is three.

no caps, no FUPs. They used to have a 1TB FUP but they sort of tried to claim it was not really a cap but thats what you could get if you downloaded constantly. Anyway they removed that some time ago. They don't slow you down either. Used 1.2TB last month, still full speed. Of course it's a mobile network and is subject to being shared, capacity issues all that stuff.

As for FUPs not much you can do really. Yes we can argue that a 600GB limit on EE means it's not really unlimited, it might not even hold up if you go to court but I bet most of us wouldn't take it that far, we'd just cancel. But the ombudsman and advertising standards people do allow FUPs to allow networks to "protect" themselves but it must only affect 2% of users or less.

If you want real unlimited, the only network I know of that does it without FUPs or slowing you down is three.
A lot of threes MVNOs are the same. SMARTY, iD, SuperDrug etc.

Hi Tmac,

I've been with three for years now and can confirm they are truly unlimited.

I regularly use terabytes per month with lots of 4K streaming and numerous Xbox game updates in the large GB sizes.

They never say a peep or throttle my connection.

They are plagued now with heavy contention in a lot of places though, so I must stress you check what speeds your location can provide by using a PAYG sim or a piggybacker like ID or Smarty etc.

I'm lucky enough to still have a good download speed where I am, but please do check f

Smarty have just said they set a usage cap at 1000gb in order to identify commercial use. They haven't answered yet to what that actually means. It's good to know that Three are not slowing or capping your unlimited. We used 1700gb last month, don't know how we did that as we were not hardly getting any data errrrr

so you are with three themselves and not smarty?

so you are with three themselves and not smarty?

yeah but because of the deal/price I got. £6 unlimited everything.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules