Sponsored Links

Huawei B818-263

If anyone can find the fields where it looks for updated firmware, it'd be a very helpful. I presume we could manually download them and flash them then.
That may have been disabled in the carrier version. Me and @Buggerlugz both have ones with Three firmware (Correct me if im wrong buggerlugz:))
If you dont see the menu, goto Advanced and type the below in the console.
$('#menu_upgrade').show();
if the Local Update doesnt show type
EMUI.localUpgradeController.showLocalUpgradeWin();

If you dont see the menu, goto Advanced and type the below in the console.
$('#menu_upgrade').show();
if the Local Update doesnt show type
EMUI.localUpgradeController.showLocalUpgradeWin();
Thanks for that Dave, (yes i'm on three) but how do you get the actual location of firmwares from that?

Thanks for that Dave, (yes i'm on three) but how do you get the actual location of firmwares from that?
Do you mean where does it look for the automatic updates? If so that will be built into the firmware. You would have to manually upload a newer firmware if you can find one for your configuration. What version are you on now?

There is a GU interface available called Huawei Manager that can be used for accessing the B818 263 user menu. This allows access to all the routers settings and sub-menus. Also the ability to set specific frequency bands on 4g (or 3g) is also catered for on Version 5 of the Huawei manager app, in order to find the best download/upload speeds. It's available from here in the video text.
I'm using the 3 (smarty) SIM that came lincluded with my unlocked B818 263 (from Amazon).
So far I've managed to set it up to my own requirements. I've successfully added IPvanish VPN as a L2TP service. A fixed DDNS using NO-IP and successful connected my telephone to the RJ11 socket operating over VoLTE with no detriment to 4g speeds.
Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase and can now ditch my ISP broadband provider (talktalk) when my contact expires.

I really hope you clever people can help me...

I have B818 router and a Huawei Q2 Pro mesh. I had this set up and working really well with an O2 data sim. Thought I should test others so also tried Vodafone and EE. EE was the fastest, so we got a business unlimited data SIM.

Problem is, with the new EE Sim, the B818 gets a great internet connection.... but that is not getting through to the Q2 pro mesh. Does anyone know what settings I need to change to get it working like the O2 one did (and still does if I swap it back!). I have a feeling it is to do with IPv6... but I am going round in circles and way beyond my level.

Help me! We have moved into the ar$e end of the countryside with 3 kids and need to squeeze as much out of 4g as we can.

Your time and expertise (with clear instructions for a relative muppet) is much appreciated! In the mean time I have stuck the O2 sim back in as we have about 20 days left to roll with that.

Please help 🙏

Hi, logon to http://192.168.8.1, click on the 4G bars signal representation, should take you to the mobile settings.
Add a new apn by clicking on + with these details:
Access Point Name: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

In ipv6/4 field choose only ipv4.

Attachments

• Image3944882049517636499.jpg
    Image3944882049517636499.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 332
You are absolutely wonderful. Max kudos for simple instructions and perfect solution. Have a fantastic weekend!
Hi, logon to http://192.168.8.1, click on the 4G bars signal representation, should take you to the mobile settings.
Add a new apn by clicking on + with these details:
Access Point Name: everywhere
Username: eesecure
Password: secure

In ipv6/4 field choose only ipv4.

£6 unlimited .. how did you get that .

It was a cashback deal from affordablemobiles. You have to email them copies of your bills at regular intervals and they credit you back. You pay the full amount (£18) a month, but when you get the cash back that brings the "effective price" to £6 a month. The deals come and go regularly, if it's not there today it might be later on.

Just checked. It's still there, under SIM only three.

It was a cashback deal from affordablemobiles. You have to email them copies of your bills at regular intervals and they credit you back. You pay the full amount (£18) a month, but when you get the cash back that brings the "effective price" to £6 a month. The deals come and go regularly, if it's not there today it might be later on.

Thinking of 3 as an alternative to my broadband . I have a good 3 signal 5g . How was yours can ot replace fix broadband

Thinking of 3 as an alternative to my broadband . I have a good 3 signal 5g . How was yours can ot replace fix broadband

Works great for me. No complaints at all. Faster upload than virgin media and more or less the same download speed as I had before. Working fine working at home, kids doing their school work, streaming Disney plus and prime 4K movies etc.

Works great for me. No complaints at all. Faster upload than virgin media and more or less the same download speed as I had before. Working fine working at home, kids doing their school work, streaming Disney plus and prime 4K movies etc.
What router do you have .

What router do you have .

For 5G, a Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2. (To be fair, I'm going to swap it for an external one as the signal isn't great, but the speeds are still fine - see my signature). For 4G I've got the Huawe B818-263

For 5G, a Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2. (To be fair, I'm going to swap it for an external one as the signal isn't great, but the speeds are still fine - see my signature). For 4G I've got the Huawe B818-263
Oh do you use 2 at the same time . I was told the pro2 does a good job on 5g and lte.

Oh do you use 2 at the same time . I was told the pro2 does a good job on 5g and lte.

One is a backup, on a totally different network / mast and is paid for by my company. The other (three) is my main internet. It will only ever swap onto the B818 if three goes down. I don't need two at all, but it's nice to have the backup as I consult so no internet = no pay.

One is a backup, on a totally different network / mast and is paid for by my company. The other (three) is my main internet. It will only ever swap onto the B818 if three goes down. I don't need two at all, but it's nice to have the backup as I consult so no internet = no pay.
Thank you for all the advice very helpful . I might buy the cpe pro 2 it looks like only amazon sells them .

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules