Sponsored Links

Huawei B818-263

@Blu3fire you can get a business 24m contract for £27/m. Used to be 23, but that promotion ended. I think it's a great price.
I'm currently paying £37 on the non-business contract (cause I didn't find about it in time :( )

What would your latest recommendations be for getting a good EE deal be (as this post was from a few months back)?

How do they differentiate between normal and business customers?

I have found this forum incredibly useful by the way (hello all).

@timpa they still have the 24 month unlimited data plan for £23.
Do note 1TB FUP.

Not sure on difference business vs personal, might be worth inquiring. Do share with us if you do.

Hi again. The "cell_id" in the system settings. How does this relate to the info on the cellmapper website? Am I looking at the wrong thing?

The router system settings show the CID, a six digit number. Cellmapper shows the eNB ID which is a four digit number. If you get LTEH Monitor it shows both so you can equate one with the other.

Hi again. The "cell_id" in the system settings. How does this relate to the info on the cellmapper website? Am I looking at the wrong thing?
Use cellmapper's tool to convert the cellID to a eNBID, which can then be searched for on the maps under the 'tower' search

Hi all. I've been using this router for about a month on a Three phone contract and have been aggregating bands 1 and 3. Three are currently working on local upgrades and judging by the suggested speed increases they are predicting, I suspect they might soon be pressing band 32 into operation. Can anyone tell me how many bands this router can aggregate? I presume the bands have to be on the same mast.
Thanks.

Even if the router can aggregate 3 bands ie 3CA the mast may not be setup for 3CA. My B715 does 3CA but the local mast does not seem to support it even though it has bands 1. 3, 20 and 32.

Guys, this is just amazing.

Thanks to your suggestion about the IPv4 APN issue, and after a bit of F12 hacking to reveal a hidden IPv4/IPv6 field in the B818's APN settings so that I could select IPv4 (rather than the hidden default of IPv4 and IPv6), all of the applications I mentioned in my first post (at least my work laptop VPN, Tor browser, Skype video, Facebook messenger video that we've tried so far) now work.

Note: I was not able to modify and submit the existing "hard-coded" EE APN profile. I had to create my own new APN profile (using the "+" button), this time calling it everywhere_hacked or something, and using the existing EE APN settings but also setting the hidden field to IPv4.

Also, something else quite curious happened. After I submitted those new settings, the router alerted me to there being a new firmware version available, 10.0.5.2(H190SP1C74). Previously, the firmware page always indicated an error checking for firmware updates. It actually seems that the router's own firmware update code relies on IPv4 perhaps, and fixing (hacking!) the APN to IPv4 only brought that to life.

I cannot say thanks enough. I'm just amazed.

Oh, for info, when creating the new APN profile, you can make the IP type field visible in the console using:

$("#ip_type").show()

So, should I also allow it to do the firmware update? Or keep it on the existing 10.0.2.2? I'd have a very sad face on if it all broke again.

I am trying to access the hidden menu to try and solve the same issue, can anyone help me through the process please?
I must be doing something wrong, any help would be appreciated.

Even if the router can aggregate 3 bands ie 3CA the mast may not be setup for 3CA. My B715 does 3CA but the local mast does not seem to support it even though it has bands 1. 3, 20 and 32.
According to cacombos, B818 should be able to aggregate 3 and 32, so if I am understanding this, then even a 2CA mast should be ok.

I get 2CA on 3 and 1, 3 and 32 and 20 and 32, but no 3CA even if I tick all 4 bands. That is using LTE H - monitor to select the bands.

Thanks guys. Presumably then, I can select all four bands and let the router find them, or not as the case might be?

@anjasola, you might not need a hack to access the IPV4/IPV6 option. With my router I can select + from the APN menu and create a new entry. Add a new profile name, use the same APN as your existing entry. IP type is at the bottom of the options list where you can select only IPV4 or both.

Thanks guys. Presumably then, I can select all four bands and let the router find them, or not as the case might be?

@anjasola, you might not need a hack to access the IPV4/IPV6 option. With my router I can select + from the APN menu and create a new entry. Add a new profile name, use the same APN as your existing entry. IP type is at the bottom of the options list where you can select only IPV4 or both.
Thanks for the reply eccles
this is what i see

Attachments

• b818.jpg
    b818.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 265
The apn dialogue window.. i see a scroll bar,scroll down, do you have more options?

The apn dialogue window.. i see a scroll bar,scroll down, do you have more options?
These are the options I have when I scroll down in that section Lucian, I know its not the same router (CPEPro 2) but will more than likely be the same.

Screenshot_20210707-191913.jpg

I got one of these to try out. Is there some 'go to' settings i need to change first so i can get this to work optimally? I've downloaded LTE H-Monitor and Locked it to B3. I've not noticed any difference in download speed over my mighty cat4 RUT240, but my mast averages around 55mbps, so i wasn't expecting any improvement there, upload has gone up a little though!

Thats on EE, I was hoping to use this with Three, but i'll wait till tomorrow night before i put that sim in.

Thankyou!
I’d been staring at the screen and couldn’t see what was in front of me.
Switched to IPv4 and much better download speed but still below download speed obtainable on my phone.
Anything else I should check/do ? (ee sim)

@anjasola what phone do you have, what speeds do you get on it, what speeds do you get on the B818 - and how are you testing?
Are you doing the tests in the same spot with both devices?

Presumably then, I can select all four bands and let the router find them, or not as the case might be?
Depends, the mast will try and steer you a particular way which may not give you the best speeds, depends on the mast loadings and your distance away ie signal levels. I tested every possible combination and the best speed was with 3 and 32, however as I am some distance away the router lost the 32 ability after a short period of time and needed resetting constantly, 20 and 32 gives me a much more consistent but a lower download speed. If I allow all 4 bands then it reverts to 3 and 32.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules