Sponsored Links

Huawei B818-263

Three doesn't appear to use 4x4 on my local tower. Every month or so I unplug the Poynting antenna, resite the B818 for optimum results, switch to using the internal antennae and check for speed. Every time so far there has been no noticeable difference in performance. I get pretty good speeds with carrier aggregation of B1 & B3 though.

To elaborate a bit more, from what I have observed, Samsung based B3/B20 sites as well as the new poles of wonder/5G enabled building or lattice towers seem to be 4x4 enabled, whereas the older swaps from Samsung to Huawei with 'basic' 2100Mhz refarm from 3G to 4G B1 (basic in the sense that no other bands are added, nor antennas replaced) then they seem to remain 2x2.

On the subject of antennas, if you are able to see (or photo a closeup of) the feeders into the bottom of the antennas you should be able to determine if they're 2x2 or 4x4 MIMO due to the number of connections.

Actually being able to use 4x4 MIMO, assuming your device is capable of it on the bands being broadcast, is also difficult, rank 4 (all 4 streams of 4x4 MIMO) is rare and needs almost ideal signal metrics. Rank 3 (3 streams of 4x4) is somewhat easier as it needs less ideal signal conditions, and so on.

Does anyone have the link for Huawei Manager app ? I want fix my B818 to band 3 but could not find the app (the link on page 15 is dead)

Does anyone have the link for Huawei Manager app ? I want fix my B818 to band 3 but could not find the app (the link on page 15 is dead)

The free version is no more, but you can still find it around on various sites such as (also untested and at your own risk):

Use LTE manager, does the same job of selecting bands.

Can someone help me?
I'm from Brazil and I bought the huawei b818. Current version: 10.0.5.2(H190SP1C74)
I'm roaming and I can't connect to the router. I saw that the original version has this option to enable roaming.
Have any solution?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 215
Is this router capable of being placed into modem mode like a virgin router? I am looking for plain vanilla modem mode to supply a pfsense firewall.

Can someone help me?
I'm from Brazil and I bought the huawei b818. Current version: 10.0.5.2(H190SP1C74)
I'm roaming and I can't connect to the router. I saw that the original version has this option to enable roaming.
Have any solution?
I have exactly the same issue. I have used the browser inspector to enable the switch but it doesn't work. If you download the Huawei app on the smartphone the switch is available by default but it will automatically deactivate after enabling it....
Let me know if you find a solution.

I have exactly the same issue. I have used the browser inspector to enable the switch but it doesn't work. If you download the Huawei app on the smartphone the switch is available by default but it will automatically deactivate after enabling it....
Let me know if you find a solution.
"If you download the Huawei app on your smartphone, the switch will be available by default, but it will be automatically disabled after enabling it...." exactly that!!!
If you manage to solve this problem let me know.

Ah ok, maybe he changed his mind.
Not showing the freebie version for me, but you can get it a few places outwith the Play Store.

Great app for Huawei router owners for sure. (y)

Got both the Versions, Free and Pro, the Pro is difinity worth it
Not showing the freebie version for me, but you can get it a few places outwith the Play Store.

Great app for Huawei router owners for sure. (y)
Hmm, not sure why the Free isnt showing for you.

Ive got both the Free and the Paid for Pro, the Pro is worth the 9 Quid if you dabble with 4 and 5G its worth it for the extra 5G Signal stuff, especially when you come across the dreaded 'I have a 5G Signal but Im only Connected to 4G' Issue which is happening a lot now on EE and sometimes on Voda. The Pro Version will confirm your 5G Signal State is actually connected to the 5G Layer or not.

If you just use it for 4G then I would say just stick with the Free Ver.

Lastest Versions are -
Free 1.0.32
Pro 1.0.30

If anyone that cant get the Free version off the PlayStore and are unsure whether the other Sites are Trusted, probably the safest place is to get it from Huawei's own Store, or use thier Petal Search.

I bak up pretty much all my important APKs including version changes, so I can help with the Free APK version only, if anyone gets absolutely stuck.

p

Got both the Versions, Free and Pro, the Pro is difinity worth it

Hmm, not sure why the Free isnt showing for you.

Ive got both the Free and the Paid for Pro, the Pro is worth the 9 Quid if you dabble with 4 and 5G its worth it for the extra 5G Signal stuff, especially when you come across the dreaded 'I have a 5G Signal but Im only Connected to 4G' Issue which is happening a lot now on EE and sometimes on Voda. The Pro Version will confirm your 5G Signal State is actually connected to the 5G Layer or not.

If you just use it for 4G then I would say just stick with the Free Ver.

Lastest Versions are -
Free 1.0.32
Pro 1.0.30

If anyone that cant get the Free version off the PlayStore and are unsure whether the other Sites are Trusted, probably the safest place is to get it from Huawei's own Store, or use thier Petal Search.

I bak up pretty much all my important APKs including version changes, so I can help with the Free APK version only, if anyone gets absolutely stuck.

p
Yes I've had the pro version for a long time now, the last update had an error for tablets, it crashed on loading, so I emailed the dev and he said yes you're quite correct, I made an error with a font, thanks for letting him know, it was fine on my phone.

He apologised and said he would update it the next day, sure enough , version 1.30 fixed the problem, so hats off to him, he's very responsive if you enquire about something or have a problem. (y)

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules