Sponsored Links

Huawei CPE Pro from Three

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that when three say they are going to send unlocked ones out they mean the same one I have already....

Three think all there devices are unlocked by default but we know different in these cases.

So I don't think swapping is going to fix the issue, Three need to find the codes to send out
Guess that’s as Threes 5G router is a loan device, if they unlock them they probably go straight to market.

either way they should stipulate that.

With ISP's like Virgin Media and Sky, they clearly state in he ordering process that equipment is on loan and an agreement is made seperate to the service contract for this,

They also clearly state the charges for said equipment should it not be returned, however Three do none of this and I'm failing to find any of the said information.

Page 6 http://www.three.co.uk/cs/Satellite...tion/pdf&blobcol=urldata&blobtable=MungoBlobs

Just thought I would update the folks here on what Three has been saying to me regarding my CPE Pro 2....

1. The terms and conditions do state the device should be returned however they aren't actively enforcing it anymore and that I could keep my device just like if I was on a mobile phone contract.

2. The unlocking issue is ongoing and although referred to the backend team, no codes have yet come to light, and based on the latest response today its unlikely they will.

3. I've now been offered a write off of the contract and any charges due and return packing for the device, plus £30 credit for my sim only as a will of good gesture.

Up to now I've been quite happy to keep the connection but this past week or so (since being out of returns window funnily enough) its been very flaky, and connecting a device via ethernet seems to have impacted the 5G signal somewhat too. (however being on the edge of 5G cells will act like that I guess)

I'm also finding a lot of features to be locked down on this device and even if unlocked would still be an issue.

I can however only commend Three for the customer service I have received, even if the performance of the network (even on some new Pole's of wonders) is woeful at most times.
Perhaps you need to contact Three Broadband email for

customercare@threebroadband.co.uk

Ex Relish handle broadband as a separate Three company, again the hopelessness of Three India won’t be able to help, they can’t get unlock codes only their sister company can.

You may order broadband off three.co.uk but it’s not them who process it’s the actual sister company (ex Relish) U.K. Broad

“©UK Broadband Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Three Broadband™ is a trading name of UK Broadband Limited (Registered in England and Wales, company number 04713634) used under licence from the Three family of companies.”

Most links on the homepage take you to three.co.uk broadband page

Sponsored Links
Snice Im in the edge of 5G Coverage recently the Cpe pro automatically droping to 4G when I realise my speeds are abit slower I have to turn the Cpe Pro from the mains off and on rather then re booting it from the Al life app cause re booting it from the app still stays at 4G use to work before.

Snice im in the edge of 5G this is expected to happen now and again.

Im happy with the speeds im getting consistent its not speeds that will blow your socks off.

Give it another few years or maybe longer till we see consistent speeds of around 500mbps to 1gb speeds.

I wonder what will Three network will do when Cpe pro 2 stock runs low cause as you guys know Huawei are not manufacturering them anymore.

Looks like a new Huawei 5G router incoming as I have said before.

HuaCTRL + H3G(Three) version of CPE Pro 2 UPDATE

Whilst the HuaCTRL app still doesn't fuction as it should with Three's crippled firmware I have however managed to get it to respond to the apps commands....

So I can lock and change bands, send restart command too...

Currently I have it locked to Band 20 to make use of more reliable as Band 1+3 in my area is crippled.... 5G will lock on when using this method though connect and disconnects randomly for some reason.

My Voxi sim for this should be in the post so hopefully from tomorrow I will be able to share some speedy tests of Vodafone's 5G with this router.
Oh that's a positive step JP, best of luck to you with Voxi. (y)

Received a replacement CPE 2 from Three following the inability to unlock the original CPE and it is unlocked. Same firmware as everyone says but at least I can change the APN. Thanks all.

Voxi has had 5G enabled on all plans for best part of year now, im pretty sure.
It was only on the unlimited plan as far as i know till recently, i'll research it.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules