Sponsored Links

Huawei H112-370 5G CPE Pro missing settings

nadobado

Casual Member
Hi everyone,

So it seems pretty common that branded 5G/4G routers come with lots of missing settings (e.g. DNS, NAT, etc..).

I've recently ordered a 5G home broadband from Three and I received a Huawei 5G CPE Pro router with an interface that hides away APN settings among other things.

I can live with most of the hidden settings, but it would be really great for my setup to get a public IP address and not be locked into CGNAT.

I've managed to get the Profile Management screen to show up by manually deleting the '.hide' scope in the CSS, but nothing really is saved when I hit Save.

Any tips? The unbranded amazon version is £400 and I do not think I can justify this investment given that it is more than the entire value of the contract itself.

Thanks!

Whilst I'm not taking responsibility in any way for what I'm about to suggest. Could you not just manually flash the stock firmware over it to get the unbranded menu to function?

Do you know what APN is in use? On the B535 the router defaulted to '3Internet' which seems to be the preferred one in any case?

However if you are using the 5G pro from 3, is that part of the 'three broadband' ie ex UK Networks setup? If so doesn't it use a completely seperate network?

Maybe that's changed now?

Sponsored Links
Whilst I'm not taking responsibility in any way for what I'm about to suggest. Could you not just manually flash the stock firmware over it to get the unbranded menu to function?

The trick is the FW preloaded on this is not available anywhere on the internet (10.0.3.1) and the latest I have found online (and I really looked for days) is 10.0.1.1...

Any downgrade is rejected, basically the router accepts the FW file, reboots, then says update failed.

Do you know what APN is in use? On the B535 the router defaulted to '3Internet' which seems to be the preferred one in any case?

However if you are using the 5G pro from 3, is that part of the 'three broadband' ie ex UK Networks setup? If so doesn't it use a completely seperate network?

Maybe that's changed now?
I managed to call an API call (192.168.8.1/api/dialup/profiles) that returns current profiles, and it's a 'Auto' one with no APN name...

I presume you're in London? If this is the 'three broadband' package then it uses a different (local) cell network. unsure if they'll be opening up the sim access, but if you are on UKN not 3UK then the APNs may be quite different - and indeed you may not have any choice. May be worth checking ?

Or perhaps they're selling this more broadly now that 5G is being rolled out elsewhere .. and you have a regular 3UK sim!

interested to know in any case

I presume you're in London? If this is the 'three broadband' package then it uses a different (local) cell network. unsure if they'll be opening up the sim access, but if you are on UKN not 3UK then the APNs may be quite different - and indeed you may not have any choice. May be worth checking ?

Or perhaps they're selling this more broadly now that 5G is being rolled out elsewhere .. and you have a regular 3UK sim!

interested to know in any case
Yes in London. Without access to any APN info it's very hard to say what configs I am running... but will let ya know!

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 271A9A52-2F50-44B0-A103-99D4F29436F3.jpeg
    271A9A52-2F50-44B0-A103-99D4F29436F3.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,376
So... I've been totally barking at the wrong tree here. @planetf1's comments were really helpful. To sum up:

A) I have a 'Relish' sim with a different MCC from regular Three sims.
b) They (Relish) use CGNAT by default, and no 'APN changes' will change that.
c) The Huawei 5G CPE Pro they supply is sim free. I put in my regular Three sim in it and it worked - only 4G+ though.
d) Finally, this led me to realising that Three's 5G coverage IN LONDON is different from (and looks to be way more limited) than Relish's coverage.

Ah well...

Sponsored Links
I've just made the pretty expensive mistake of ordering this router plus an unlimited three SIM, then found out that 5G isn't lighting up for me yet. D'oh!
I'm undecided about sending it back, or holding on in the hopes that it'll magically light up over the coming weeks and cancelling my current FTTC package.

With regards to it being more expensive, my thinking was actually that it'll end up being slightly cheaper in the long run (if you can get three to match the current unlimited SIM deal after 12 months)
£35 x 24 (£840) for it on contract if London postcodes are anything to go by, or £400 upfront+ £396 for the SIM

I've just made the pretty expensive mistake of ordering this router plus an unlimited three SIM, then found out that 5G isn't lighting up for me yet. D'oh!
I'm undecided about sending it back, or holding on in the hopes that it'll magically light up over the coming weeks and cancelling my current FTTC package.

With regards to it being more expensive, my thinking was actually that it'll end up being slightly cheaper in the long run (if you can get three to match the current unlimited SIM deal after 12 months)
£35 x 24 (£840) for it on contract if London postcodes are anything to go by, or £400 upfront+ £396 for the SIM

oh no. Can totally imagine how you felt after realising this!

I think Three will eventually improve their coverage?

But there are no signs at all they are ‘merging’ Relish into their network, but rather perhaps keeping it a separate infrastructure for home broadband.

I'd walk away now, I'm not convinced three has the infrastructure in place to roll out 5g broadband across major cities, let alone 4g.

I'm a little sceptical about how quickly three will get their 5G network more broadly available. BUT, when they do, if they do it right, with the 100 Mhz spectrum, they could do really really well....

I'm a little sceptical about how quickly three will get their 5G network more broadly available. BUT, when they do, if they do it right, with the 100 Mhz spectrum, they could do really really well....

When I move (finally!) 5G will be one of the things to look for (vs fibre). Certainly consider it. But the choice would be highly based on local coverage.

That's VERY different to mobile, where i'd sacrifice top speed for coverage. Hence why to me vodafone still makes a very solid choice.

EE seem to rule themselves out due to ££ for high data volumes

Sponsored Links
Honestly I am very surprised by the speeds I am getting, but more importantly the latency and the jitter. i get between 0.007-0.3 jitter on Speedtests, compared to a mean od 1.5ms on my virgin media connection.

fantastic!!! What kind of speeds do you get up to?
`
I'm pretty pleased with Virgin media in my main house currently... may have got 1 Gbps :) (52Mbps or so up) but in the process of moving/combining properties (hence 3 broadband, as well as who knows what in future). Jitter is in the region you describe, though in part that is down to wifi.

You mentioned latency also... how is that on 5G. I',m about 12ms-14ms to bbc on virgin media (southampton). From memory (not there now) 4G was up at the 45-60 ms mark (no LTE-A/CA)

The spot I have the router in right now gives me 640Mbps down / 15Mbps up. Other inconvenient places around the house have me 35mbps up.
Latency to 1.1.1.1 is 7-10ms.
all of these numbers are on Ethernet

WOW! That latency is epic... I know you're London, which helps, but still!
Thought the upload might be a little higher?
D/load is faster than I can deal with. I have 1 Gbps right now, and apple tv can manage about 930 Mbps but macbook, phone max out closer to 600 Mbps, at least where I use them. And tbh a few 100 Mbps is enough.....

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5508)
  2. BT (3513)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2296)
  5. Business (2260)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2042)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1971)
  9. Statistics (1787)
  10. 4G (1662)
  11. Virgin Media (1617)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1459)
  13. Fibre Optic (1393)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules