Sponsored Links

Huawei H112-370 on EE 5G

antlanelondon

Casual Member
I thought I had posted this earlier but I have a feeling I only previewed it. So posting again.

I have been having issues with my Huawei H112-370 running on EE 5G. The speeds are amazing (usually 400Mbps down, 60Mbps up) as I get a full signal indoors by the window despite the EE coverage checker saying I should only get a weak signal outside.

However, after a while, at random times, data throughput completely stops despite the router still showing a full signal. It then comes and goes but is only really fixed with a reboot. This appears to be a different issue to on another thread here where the router drops 5G and goes onto 4G only.

I've spent hours on the phone to EE and they are convinced there's nothing wrong at their end. They reset network settings and we tried a new SIM. The third-party seller on Amazon doesn't want to send me a replacement in case it also has the same issues and just wants me to return it instead. He's under the impression that the router works fine on Vodafone's and Three's 5G and there is some incompatibility with EE. It did run fine on Vodafone 4G but the network coverage here wasn't very good.

I'm trying to work out what my next steps would be and it would help to know if anyone else is using this router on EE 5G and has similar issues. From the EE forums, it looks like it could be a flaw with the router design but without trying another one, I don't know for sure.

So my choices are:
- Buy the router again from a different seller which will cost me £25 more
- Buy the newer H122-373 which will cost me around £60-80 more depending on whether I buy it from a third-party seller on Amazon or direct from them in Germany
- Buy a significantly cheaper 4G router with a high CAT rating but then it won't be future-proofed (I've put the H112-370 into 4G-only mode and I'm still getting speeds of 200Mbps which before I experienced 5G, I'd have been delighted with as I'm unable to get fibre here).

Any info/advice gratefully received.

Like previous commenter mentioned, try to add the Ee apn in it, but ipv4-only.

Sponsored Links
I'm doing opposite. I've got the H122-373 hoping to move to H112-370
It's a funny old world, I have the H112-370 and quite fancy the H122-373.

I like it's slightly smaller size, wonder if the antennas are the same at pulling in the signal seeing it's a less tall device.

Out of noseyness, why do you fancy the older model anonymouse01 if you don't mind me asking. :unsure:

I was concerned about smaller antennas. I was relieved to still get full bars for both 4G and 5G when I switched but both have dropped one bar in the last few days. Hopefully it’s the weather rather than the fact it the 373 does get a worse signal.

Sponsored Links
I was concerned about smaller antennas. I was relieved to still get full bars for both 4G and 5G when I switched but both have dropped one bar in the last few days. Hopefully it’s the weather rather than the fact it the 373 does get a worse signal.
Thanks for your reply, wasn't sure what the main antenna differences were apart from the missing antenna sockets on the Pro 2.

I don't need an external antenna anyway, as my signal always seems to be ok.

It's a funny old world, I have the H112-370 and quite fancy the H122-373.

I like it's slightly smaller size, wonder if the antennas are the same at pulling in the signal seeing it's a less tall device.

Out of noseyness, why do you fancy the older model anonymouse01 if you don't mind me asking. :unsure:
Because I don't think the 373 has the signal amplifiers so the 2.4Ghz range is pants

Does anyone know how to read the signal graph from LTE H-Monitor?

All the lines were very stable when I was seeing full bars for 4G and 5G. Now, the RSSI is jumping around. Is this the cause of why my 4G signal has lost a bar (and my upload speeds have dropped as a result). Could this be due to a fault on the mast?

Signals-resized.png

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know how to read the signal graph from LTE H-Monitor?

All the lines were very stable when I was seeing full bars for 4G and 5G. Now, the RSSI is jumping around. Is this the cause of why my 4G signal has lost a bar (and my upload speeds have dropped as a result). Could this be due to a fault on the mast?

View attachment 522
RSSI fluctuating quite a lot which means you're losing signal at times. Could be interference but most likely a fault with the mast. have you checked if there's any maintenance going on in your area

Sponsored Links
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules