Sponsored

I am happy with eclipse!

williaml33t

Casual Member
I certainly appreciate them after trying out Toucan for way too long.

Eclipse have a generous fair use policy and good free tech support.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Hmmm, well eclipse have gone downhill for everyone I know thats on them, which is 4 people (in totally different areas). Sadly most are on it because I recommended them, just before they started turning crap.

Constant disconnections, very poor speeds at peak times, not looking good. And all started not too long after they introduced the very low priced packages.

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
tve been with eclipse for almost 2 years, on the old flex 500 package which is only 512k but get an average speed of arounf 650k, can upp speed to 1mb for 2.5p per hour or 2mb for 5p per hour but dont bother totally unlimited no fup. i do heavy downloads overnight to avoid peektime holdups

can slow down at peak times but i p2p and have 3 kids on msn bebo and utube all the time so i have around 30 - 50 mb usage per month, e mail was iffy a while back but seems ok now although i use googlemail most of the time so not bothered only had one outage which was for 3 hours

so all in all i cant complain

williaml33t

Casual Member
Hmmm, well eclipse have gone downhill for everyone I know thats on them, which is 4 people (in totally different areas). Sadly most are on it because I recommended them, just before they started turning crap.

Constant disconnections, very poor speeds at peak times, not looking good. And all started not too long after they introduced the very low priced packages.
In the past 6 months I have had 4 disconnects. Typically lasting an hour. But bearing in mind I am on the internet here 24/7, I think it's not too bad.

Speed has fallen a little bit since I joined 9 months ago, but again, nothing shocking.

Truly I have been very pleased with Eclipse and the good value they have given me. I do eventually plan to switch, probably to Be. Frankly I will be praying that they will be as good.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Truly I have been very pleased with Eclipse and the good value they have given me. I do eventually plan to switch, probably to Be. Frankly I will be praying that they will be as good.
I moved from Eclipse to Be when I moved house in June last year. I went from being on the (now defunct) Flex 500 package nodrog mentions to being on a 14mbps (real speed) connection.

Basically, their support is cack, but I have found them to be pretty reliable (I've had 2 issues, one was a BT problem, the other was rectified via a profile change), but apart from that, fine.

One thing to be aware of is that they charge extra for email services - I don't care as I have my own domain, but you might. It's £2/month for email and web space.

Not bad for £18/month (£14 for up-to-8mbps), although I wait with interest to see if O2 making use of the network impacts much on the service I get.

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
telephoned for mac code today at 4.45pm recieved mac in email tonight at 10.15pm impressed or what rep on phone said within 5 working days not 5 non-working hours

any way off to sky max upto 16mb unlimited* (250gb fup) more than plenty all for £10 per month not £18 to eclipse for flex500

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
been with sky 1 month now good speeds right from the off 5mb fixed some internal telephone wire problems now use router with lan cable not wireless and now get constant 13.4 -14.1 mb actual speed test results £10 per month

I AM HAPPY NOW

Adyonline

Casual Member
I joined eclipse a couple of years ago and they were really good to start off with, but just recently speeds have been dropping lower and lower, things at eclipse are now so bad I havnt been able to pick up my email since last Thursday and I cant get onto their website to see what the problem is - or request a MAC code !

nodrog

ULTIMATE Member
you cant request mac coe online you have to phone customer services to get mac code
Tel: 0845 1224 111 (Residential) lines open 9 till 5pm monday to friday 9 till 12noon saturday
hope all goes well for you

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Been reading Eclipse's reviews, and they are really going downhill.

Oddly enough my brother has had trouble with them, he says they are now practically unusable for gaming, and even he can tell that what they are saying over the phone is excuses and rubbish.

Time to move him over to a new ISP methinks.

How the mighty have fallen.

hocuspocus

Casual Member
Been with them for nearly 6 months on their cheapest option. True speeds are slow at peak times, as desribed in product info, but outwith that I get close to my IP Profile 4 Mb/s. Not one problem so far. Better than expected.

wheeles

Casual Member
I've been with Eclipse since December 2003. At first I thought them brilliant. No more than 2 disconnects for the first 2 years. Then disconnects got slightly more frequent, but not a problem. When the Evo packages came out I went on the Evo 2 package as I am a fairly heavy user, but a lot of my usage is outside of their peak hours (I run trading software with constant price quote streaming). Only once was I warned that I might go over the limit, so I throttled things back. Line drops have become more frequent which is not good.

Today I got an email which states that from August 1, peak hours now represents 9am to 11pm, so great if you're an insomniac, but screws everyone else. If I start hitting the fair usage limits I will have no alternative but to move ISP as I refuse to pay double to move up to their Home Pro package which would work out at almost double.

Indeed, how the mighty have fallen.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £21.00 (*25.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £50 Shopping Voucher
  • TalkTalk £21.95 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*34.98)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £75 Cashback
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2529)
  2. FTTP (2251)
  3. FTTC (1673)
  4. Building Digital UK (1616)
  5. Politics (1443)
  6. Openreach (1429)
  7. Business (1257)
  8. Statistics (1109)
  9. FTTH (1103)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1056)
  11. Fibre Optic (978)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (922)
  13. 4G (918)
  14. Wireless Internet (917)
  15. Virgin Media (870)
  16. EE (602)
  17. Sky Broadband (599)
  18. TalkTalk (584)
  19. Vodafone (532)
  20. 3G (417)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules