Sponsored

I don't believe it!!!

urbanite

I've been away for a while (getting a life?!) and ezeedsl is STILL going!!! Of course when I say 'going' I don't mean to imply that they are offering customers anything for the money (some of ) you guys are still having to hand over.

I went back on to dial up for a while but I've finally bitten the braodband bullet again and signed up with BT - I know that I will probably regret it but I looked at Zen & IDNET and decided better the devil I know etc.

I am so glad that I got away fairly painlessly (with the luxury of hindsight) and I got my money back which was the biggest shock.

good luck to anyone still suffering

Hamster

Casual Member
Well, Well, dare i post. I suppose I'll get lots of venomous replies but here goes. Never let it be said that Hamsters are timid creatures

Maybe, just maybe, the small, very small, 12 or so folks who waged war, death and vengeance on 186k and it's subsiduaries have upped left and gone, MAC or court order in hand, to pastures newer and greener.

The folks that are left are contented with their lot or for some other obscure reason are not posting here.

Could I dare to suggest that, presumably, the lack of abuse towards 186k means that everyone who is left is happy!!

OMG let the fallout begin....................................................:eek:

ANdyoz

Top Member
I setup my brother-in-laws BT broadband connection on the weekend as was impressed how well sorted their starter pack is.

I am now with Zen paying £5 a month LESS than I was with eezeDSL and can actually pick up the phone and talk to someone in accounts, support, etc virtually straight away. I have actually been looking for excuses to ring them as I still find it a real novelty. That's how real ISP's operate.

And by the way, when I was ringing around the various ISP's trying to decide which to go for they all knew about eezeDSL....and not in a good way.

silvester

I'm afraid my experience of Ezeedsl pretty much proved to me that the company is very seriously lacking and not fit to trade. They are very fortunate that we don't have a properly regulated broadband industry; if we had, I would imagine Ezeedsl would be under investigation for obtaining monies by deception.

Hamster, you either have some professional connection with 186K (if 'professional' is the right word to use with this shower of sh1t) or you have a very distorted take on reality; only a tiny minority of dissatisfied people ever complain in any public way. In my case and the case of several others on here, errors were repeated by Ezeedsl time and again. We're all either incredibly unlucky or we were just the tip of the iceburg.

Let's face it, Ezeedsl/186k never actually entices custom...it parasitizes off the failure of others and blackmails those unfortunate consumer caught in the middle into signing up with their absolutely appalling and grotesquely inadequate 'service'.

I'm with Eclipse now. They're probably not especially good but after 186k/Ezeedsl, they seem fantastic.

majones

Casual Member
Get real, guys! If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere. Stop using this site as your agony aunt.

akbray

ULTIMATE Member
Get real, guys! If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere. Stop using this site as your agony aunt.
Ermmm...they're talking about ISP issues on an ISP site - whats the problem? And by doing so, in this case anyone looking for a new ISP (as I may be soon) might read this and other threads about EzeeDSL and avoid them like the plague.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Old dude

ULTIMATE Member
Who is doing the stupid thing, users complaining of things suffered by an ISP on an ISP review site, or the guy having a go at them for doing so on an ISP review site....hmmm.

To be honest, I didnt like it when people were garden walled. If I was ever tried to be forced into using an ISP, that alone would put me off.

PeeJay

Top Member
So if the 186k forum censors all bad press, they should just shut up about it? I suggest you get real.

silvester

"...If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere..."

What a stupid and very ill-informed thing to say.

The very point is that taking your business elsewhere isn't necessarily as easy as switching from, say Tescos to Sainsburys for your groceries.

For the record, I was given the stark choice of no broadband for an indefinate period or being forced to sign up to Sleezeedsl on a one year contract. I done the latter only to find said company didn't provide what they were contracted to provide. By this time, they'd had my money and until forced by new OFCOM rules, most certainly wouldn't hand over my MAC.

None of that was my fault and I think it's bloody outrageous that a business can behave in such a way without any kind of restraint or penalty.

I suggest majones gets real and keeps their silly views to themselves as they're most certainly not welcome on a forum presumably set up for people to air their views about ISPs.

bigpat

I was given a mac and got away from this shower and they have since started legal proceedings against me. I received a solicitors letter giving me seven days to pay the next Worldpay payment.
What a joke (shame it's not funny)

I have written back indicating they can swivel. Anyone else had this?

Incidentally aren't these forums used to give others your experiences with an ISP, good or bad?

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
I was given a mac and got away from this shower and they have since started legal proceedings against me. I received a solicitors letter giving me seven days to pay the next Worldpay payment.
What a joke (shame it's not funny)

I have written back indicating they can swivel. Anyone else had this?

Incidentally aren't these forums used to give others your experiences with an ISP, good or bad?
Correct the forums are for both good and bad about your ISP also a place to find help.

About your solicitors letter if Ezeedsl failed to supply what they contract offered and you signed upto, you need to makes ure you have all the proof incase it goes to court. Also printoffs of these forums could help prove the company failed to complete theeir obligations to you all.

bigpat

Kits

The worst this could cost me is a years subscription, amounts to about £150 plus the court costs if I lose. If it happens I will enlist the help of everyone on here (that would like to help) for their experience with Ezeedsl and hopefully have a good outcome in court.

The last time I went to court was for throwing stones out of a train window on the way home from an Ipswich Norwich football match, almost 35 years ago, I got fined a fiver, I can't remember but I guess Ipswich lost, those Canaries have a lot to answer for!.........if I'd have banked that fiver in a long term high risk investment x 35yrs........mustn't think about it.

I will keep you informed

Regards
Pat

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Correct the forums are for both good and bad about your ISP also a place to find help.
:nod:
I usually find the negative posts about ISPs far more helpful than the positive ones. For starters, it is far easier to recognise a fair complaint by a reasonable person than it is to spot false praises by ISP shills. The "my ISP is great" type posts often seem to be made by new customers (or even commission seekers and shills in some other less well moderated forums). Whereas the people complaining usually have discovered what the limits are, what support is really like and how reliable the ISP actually is.

Kits

Super Moderator
Staff member
ISPreview Team
:nod:
I usually find the negative posts about ISPs far more helpful than the positive ones. For starters, it is far easier to recognise a fair complaint by a reasonable person than it is to spot false praises by ISP shills. The "my ISP is great" type posts often seem to be made by new customers (or even commission seekers and shills in some other less well moderated forums). Whereas the people complaining usually have discovered what the limits are, what support is really like and how reliable the ISP actually is.
Also some complaining posts have been on hte more vindictive nature where the customer didn't read Terms and Conditions before signing and when they exceeded the caps and was charged for the excess useage turned to the forums and slagged of the ISP. I agree we have had both hence why I check IP numbers that they resolve to the ISP they are talking about. :)

silvester

I had the same so I sent them a dossier of communications (well, ATTEMPTED communications if the truth is known as Ezeedsl haven't got the hang of reading or listening and responding appropriately to customers).

That was some weeks ago and I've not heard anything since.

Oddly, they weren't asking for payment for the remainder of the contract but just one more 3 monthly instalment. However, I gave Ezeedsl 30 days notice to terminate which would have taken them to before the next payment date. This was acting exactly in accordance with what one of their own staff said. Whilst I received an automated reply proving my instruction was received, Ezeedsl just didn't bother acting on it.

Assuming a court bothers reading the details, Ezzedsl would just be laughed out of court and presented with a bill for the costs.

As to the remainder of my contract in case they ever try to enforce that...well they breached that by failing to provide the 2Mb service they were contracted to provide. It took them 3 months to arrange for the necessary upgrade with BT Wholsesale.

Again...no case to answer for.

It's a shame Ezeedsl is paying money to solicitors to send letters to people who don't owe them any money. Those solicitors fees would be better spent on providing some sort of customer service to those unfortunate few still stuck with this awful company.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2510)
  2. FTTP (2198)
  3. FTTC (1658)
  4. Building Digital UK (1607)
  5. Politics (1426)
  6. Openreach (1418)
  7. Business (1238)
  8. Statistics (1098)
  9. FTTH (1074)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1038)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (907)
  14. 4G (899)
  15. Virgin Media (857)
  16. Sky Broadband (595)
  17. EE (591)
  18. TalkTalk (580)
  19. Vodafone (517)
  20. Security (413)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules