Sponsored

I have finally received a MAC

bigpat

I don't know how to put this, I feel like I am abandoning everyone and actually feel quite guilty but................I have received a MAC from ezeedsl.
I just kept asking, requesting, emailing and phoning, I was never once rude or threatening so I guess they must have got fed up of me?

Regards

Pat

stevieuk

Don`t feel Guilty m8.

It`ll give hope to others knowing it is possible to get a MAC.

You must be in a state of shock ..lol.

bigpat

GILLYB

No they did not.
Somewhere in one of the forum threads, someone gave the msn messenger log in name for Agent Smith (clivesmith186k@hotmail.co.uk) many thanks to whoever that was. I rarely use msn but everytime I went online I logged onto msn and waited until Agent Smith joined. I simply asked if we could discuss a MAC, we did and the next day I received it by email.

I did inform Clive that I had telephoned, emailed and requested a MAC via the meduas portal (6 requests in total) and every time the replies stated that I would have to pay the 12 months in full, there was no mention of this in the email. I used the MAC as quickly as I could.

Regards
Pat

ANdyoz

Top Member
Pat,

Are you sure they won't be coming after you for the remainder of your 12 month contract???

bigpat

ANdyoz/theaDDict

I don't know if they will pursue me for the remainder of the contract or not? I mentioned it before I was given my MAC that I was not prepared to pay up in full, I simply stated I had lost faith in Ezeedsl and wanted to leave.
I have used the MAC and moved to Eclipse, I hardly think they are in any position to take action against anyone considering their behaviour, I would simply ignore their emails as they did those I sent them.
I will certainly post on here if they do, personally I would welcome a fight, I am considering filling in the claim form and chasing them for the money they owe me (about £6 for the time I was on the wrong service).

Regards
Pat

Last edited:

silvester

The issue of your MAC and the matter of your contractual obligations are two quite separate issues. Indeed Ezeedsl originally made it look like a condition of getting your MAC that you agree to pay off the outstanding contract but when this was pointed out as in breach of OFCOM rules, they slightly varied the wording on their MAC portal request pages.

I requested my MAC and entered a message on the MAC request page saying that my request must not be construed as an agreement to pay the amounts mentioned. I made it clear that I regarded Ezeedsl as in breach of contract (I signed up to 2MB, paid for it, it was the tariff cited on the portal yet they failed to upgrade my line for 3 months...despite regular communication from me about the problem throughout).

I have my MAC and my 'activation date' with Eclipse is this Monday. If Ezeedsl are stupid enough to draw their breach of contract to the attention of a court, I look forward to watching the £££s they'll incur in court costs. I would imagine they'd be laughed out of court trying to enforce a contract they have so obviously breached. In fact, they owe ME money for not providing what I paid 3 months in advance for.

Ezeedsl needs to be investigated for fraud. I suspect they knowingly advertised services (and thereby obtained monies for) services they knew they couldn't deliver.

But OFCOM will continue to sit on their arses costing tax payers money and delivering so very little.

silvester

Bigpat...I've just noticed you're going to Eclipse too!

In case you've not applied yet, they are very quick. Within minutes of applying, I had access to a portal page which gives you a running commnetary of the progress of your order. No idea what they'll be like but after Ezeedsl, a pile of **** would provide better service than what I've become accustomed to.

bigpat

Silvester

I signed with Eclipse on the 3rd February. Everything went exactly to the schedule given on their portal. They are a good outfit, very professional, you may have to wait for customer service on the phone for a short time although this is not too bad.
As for speed I signed up to the 8meg max. I have acheived download speeds (depending which speedtest I use) of between 2meg and 7meg with an upload of a constant 380ish kb/s. I am very impressed so far, I am sure you will be too.

Regards
Pat

ANdyoz

Top Member
I went with Zen.

It's funny how much my expectations for ISP customer service were lowered by being with BISCIT/eZeeDSL for the last 4 months.

Now when I phone Zen a real person answers straight away (still can't get used to that one!) and I never get the feeling I am being lied to all the time.

Wingcommander

Casual Member
And I went with Zen too. Straightforward procedure and very fast, helpful and courteous service from Zen support when the migration didn't quite go as planned.

I hasten to add this was not Zen's fault, (it was a BT problem), but they kept me informed all the way.

PeeJay

Top Member
I went with Zen after the Fast24 fiasco. Curiously, I never had the walled garden; I was totally disconnected. Not that there was any way I would go with anything NetServices wanted to force me into. I was offline for 6 weeks altogether (partly down to BT) and had to pay a connection fee but, now, I'm glad I went through the pain. It makes such a difference to be with people who know what they are doing and want to provide a service for their customers. Sleezy and their ilk deserve to go under and, if Ofcom wasn't such a joke, be prosecuted too.

<End of rant>

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Hyperoptic £20.00 (*22.00)
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
  • TalkTalk £22.45 (*36.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Post Office £22.90 (*37.00)
    Avg. Speed 38Mbps, Unlimited
  • Direct Save Telecom £22.95 (*29.95)
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. BT (2508)
  2. FTTP (2188)
  3. FTTC (1656)
  4. Building Digital UK (1602)
  5. Politics (1421)
  6. Openreach (1415)
  7. Business (1234)
  8. Statistics (1097)
  9. FTTH (1070)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1034)
  11. Fibre Optic (967)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (915)
  13. Wireless Internet (906)
  14. 4G (895)
  15. Virgin Media (855)
  16. Sky Broadband (594)
  17. EE (590)
  18. TalkTalk (577)
  19. Vodafone (514)
  20. Security (411)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules