Sponsored Links

I need decent provider in somerset area.

Navig

Casual Member
Hello i live in bridgwater,somerset and i'm looking for a provider with 100mbps Download and 100mbps upload. I need good upload speeds. Leased lines i can't afford. I have talktalk at the moment i've tried upgrading to gfast but the engineers absolutely disaster here they have no clue what they doing. Speeds exactly the same as FTTC even worse upload speeds. I'm just fed up here with this country all i need is decent connection what should i do?. I need help from experts. I can pay £40 max per month no more just give me 100mbps download and upload 100mbps. My talktalk speeds keeps dropping at night and it's bad for streaming and stuff like that.

Last edited:
Not many domestic (non-business) companies are offering symmetrical connections at present, and those that are are pure fibre to the premises FTTP. If CityFibre are cabling or have cabled your area, Vodafone are doing symmetrical 100/100 connections via their network for around £30/month, but if not they would just use BT/ORs FTTC network. Check here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/web-shop/broadband/deals/gigafast

I think £40 per month for 60mbps is unaceptable and my speed drops at night all the time. I can only find BT or talktalk providers.

Sponsored Links
You may want to consider what a good provider can offer, like Zen or A&A. You get what you pay for, which with Talk Talk, isn’t a great deal. Your speeds should not be dropping in the evening, unless your provider is oversubscribed.

otherwise, I fear you may be waiting 20 years before you get the service you’re looking for.

Yeah uk is an old country. Nothing moves forward here haha. The only solution is to change town or country :). Your suggested providers are the same Bt resellers bro so yeah. They resell same crap GFAST for £60 and talktalk sells the same **** for £28 for same service haha. I don't think british understand what FTTP really is. VODAFONE gigafast is a true deal but only available in milton keynes.

Unless you go for a business grade connection your not going to find 100/100 connection and there's no provider unless you can get some one like Hyperoptic or the likes for the price your willing to pay.

One thing I would like to point out is you get what you pay for talktalk stack them high sell it cheap your never going to get the same service as with a better rated more expensive ISP. To say that they are all the same is not at all true just because they use the same physical last mile doesn't mean you will get the same speeds.

I don't think british understand what FTTP really is.
We do, which is why it's being rolled out nationwide (though full coverage will take time and a lot of funding.) . Many places already have access to FTTP, you just happen to currently not be in one of them.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, MoM, that was exactly my point about providers.

G.fast shouldn’t give you a slower download speed than FTTC, since they won’t provide it if you can’t sync at more than 120Mbps. Upload could be a different matter.

I think your main problem if you are getting slow download speeds is you’re using TalkTalk.

It makes me angry when you want something and you can't get it. They not investing in optical cables. And they are liars they tell you it's fibre when clearly it's old ****ing copper cables man. What kind of shithole this is. 13 Years here and can't get good connection always lagging everything ****ing. No matter what. Ireland much better when it comes to internet.

It makes me angry when you want something and you can't get it. They not investing in optical cables. And they are liars they tell you it's fibre when clearly it's old ****ing copper cables man. What kind of shithole this is. 13 Years here and can't get good connection always lagging everything ****ing. No matter what. Ireland much better when it comes to internet.
Time to chill rage cures nothing, many do know what FTTP is just being in England you are the last for support most funding goes to Northern Ireland Scotland and Wales. Even then not enough to complete the FTTP rollout. BT wasted too much money on trying to use the hybrid mix fiber and copper to deliver the fund should have gone to doing all FTTP. On the bright side Openreach has given copper an end of life date 2025. Not too long to wait patience is a vurtue all good things come to those who wait most of the time. :D As for connection well if you are on TalkTalk unless it is the business package it will be over subscribed that is how they sell it cheap.

It makes me angry when you want something and you can't get it.
Your life must be horrendous then. We can't always get what we want. But, with patience the options to get what we want usually do present themselves, especially involving technology.

I "want" to win tens of millions of pounds on the EuroMillions, but I've made peace that it's 99% not going to happen! :D

Sponsored Links
Somehow other countries have FTTP since 2004 so yeah it's nothing special.
Places like Sweden norway Estonia already use 10gbps connection for many years and they don't spend thousands pounds per year to have good decent connection. Do you think it's fair to pay £40 and goes up to £50 sometimes for 80mbps i get 50mbps actually and upload speed is horrible also example in leicester they pay £30 for 1gbps in some areas. Talktalk with pakistani support don't even know what packages they have. I asked about 150mbps they said we don't have such things pathetic. Nevermind **** it just have to accept it.

Sponsored Links
speedtest.png

Yeah my speeds are a bit in the stone age

deja vu

Somehow other countries have FTTP since 2004 so yeah it's nothing special.
It is what it is. We accept it because we can't physically change it, the companies that ARE able to change it have to step in and do so, BUT this requires funds, be that from government or private investment, money doesn't grow on trees (now that I AM angry about ;) )

Things are changing. Fibre is being rolled out and it'll be future proof (it may only be gigabit currently, but much much faster speed will be available in future if the demand is there for it). Yes its changing slowly, but there are many factors (not least the whole wayleave issue - read up on that if you're not familiar).

If you're ragingly angry at a product you can't currently have, you're free to move to a county, city or country that does. To coin an oft used phrase: First World Problems

BT were and are a disgrace and have stuffed me a few times starting with a DACS being installed with no notification and no acknowledgement they had even done it for 18 months. But unless you have a time machine it is what it is, getting angry only raises your blood pressure so instead I got even. First I went to Wifi and now I am on 4G, currently Three only but having a Draytek dual Wan router I can add Vodafone and load balance between the 2. Tests show me then I will then get 80Mps download and 50 Mbs upload which will do me fine until the masts go 5G in a few years. Three's 1.4 L band will give me an interim boost if they upgrade the local mast.

Last edited:
Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5467)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2523)
  4. Openreach (2290)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2233)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1607)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules