Sponsored Links

I need decent provider in somerset area.

BT were and are a disgrace and have stuffed me a few times starting with a DAC being installed

Now that must be many years ago, I spoke to a openreach engineer about DAX we came across not long ago and he had been there 10 years and had only seen a couple when he had been removing them from lines as a trainee.

Now that must be many years ago, I spoke to a openreach engineer about DAX we came across not long ago and he had been there 10 years and had only seen a couple when he had been removing them from lines as a trainee.

Must have been in the 90's, I was the only one in the road using the internet and they picked my line to add it to. When I ordered the ISDN line from a 3rd party they were forced to remove it, that was the only way to get rid of it, stuck on 28 k otherwise, 128k was heaven in comparison. I have never forgiven them and revenge is best served cold.

Must have been in the 90's, I was the only one in the road using the internet and they picked my line to add it to. When I ordered the ISDN line from a 3rd party they were forced to remove it, that was the only way to get rid of it, stuck on 28 k otherwise, 128k was heaven in comparison. I have never forgiven them and revenge is best served cold.

You werent "chosen". DACs were a cheap way of turning one physical phone line into 2 virtual phone lines.
For pure voice use, they were perfect; it wasnt until the internet came along that they caused a major headache, and often it wasnt until people tried to use a modem that they even knew their line was being run via a DAC box.

So basically, you/your neighbour wanted a new line/extra line and BT took the cheap option of fitting a DAC instead of running a new physical line.

By the mid 90's, even BT had to admit there was a problem, and so all phone cables suddenly became multi core cables capable of running multiple physical lines (4-8 ??), and BT started to remove DACs on request/ whenever a line was replaced..

Well someone decided to put DACs on my line and it was someone in BT, no notice and no acknowledgement despite 18 months of calls to find out why I was no longer getting 56K, and then to be told there was nothing they could do. BT are a shower and continually under invest, their copper network is a joke.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5513)
  2. BT (3514)
  3. Politics (2535)
  4. Openreach (2297)
  5. Business (2261)
  6. Building Digital UK (2243)
  7. FTTC (2043)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1972)
  9. Statistics (1788)
  10. 4G (1663)
  11. Virgin Media (1619)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1460)
  13. Fibre Optic (1394)
  14. Wireless Internet (1389)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules