Sponsored

i though it was fixed

Smoothound

ULTIMATE Member
I think it was Paul M's birthday wednesday so he might be taking a few days off which could explain why tickets are not being answered.

My connection also seems to be back to normal now that the patching work has been completed.

Planned Maintainance for ADSL Network
We have been advised of the following comment by our backbone network supplier: this unfortunately will affect our customers with their ability to connect to ADSL at all times however we have been assured this will be kept to a minimum:

"18:00 24/09/2007 ending 22:00 27/09/2007 in order to carry out software patching on parts of our core infrastructure.

During this time customers may experience intermittent DSL connections."
Posted by Paul Moody ADSL Network Support on 24 September 2007 at 16:29

Lets hope no more work is required and that we have a fast and stable connection.

tghe-retford

Top Member
Disconnect occurred at 17:28:20. My DSL status shows uptime at 2 days, 19:17:08 (since I updated the firmware on the router), so this isn't a DSL sync problem.

EDIT: Nothing able to connect for about a minute at 17:38, even though my router was still showing I was connected.

paul316

Pro Member
I got disconnected twice in 10 minutes.

What a shoddy service by a bunch of two bit amateurs.

Time to complain to OfCom

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Ahh now that really sucks :crap:

Got to persuade my dad to get a more expensive one like £30 so it's decent. Sick of this cheap ****.

[As I was writing this the net cut again :mad:]

If you can't get Bethere or Sky's LLU (Base Mid and Max) products, then zen, idnet and some of the entanet resellers should be on your list of candidates.

I guess it is no longer relevant, but just in case Sky do unbundle your exchange at some point, it seems Sky have had a change of heart over reducing interleave depth according to this http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/16513-sky-have-listened-gamers.html

otester

Top Member
If you can't get Bethere or Sky's LLU (Base Mid and Max) products, then zen, idnet and some of the entanet resellers should be on your list of candidates.

I guess it is no longer relevant, but just in case Sky do unbundle your exchange at some point, it seems Sky have had a change of heart over reducing interleave depth according to this http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/16513-sky-have-listened-gamers.html

Wow, might be off to sky then.

One problem though is that I think Fast4 contract is 12 month? Right?

Could I use trading standards to get out?

Mel

ULTIMATE Member
Wow, might be off to sky then.

What packages does http://check.skybroadband.com offer for your phone number? Don't forget the Sky "Connect" package is a very different product to their (LLU) "mid" and "max" products.

One problem though is that I think Fast4 contract is 12 month? Right?

Could I use trading standards to get out?

It is 12 months unfortunately, or a fee of £85 + one month notice if they activated your line, or £20 + one month if you migrated to them.

Trading standards might take action if they find them to have breached the Trade Descriptions Act, and may give you some legal advice as to whether you have good grounds to cancel without penalty.

However if they advise you that you have a good case, you would almost certainly have to take F4 to the small claims court to recover the cancellation penalty, or else try Fast4's formal complaint procedure followed by a complaint to cisas with a claim for compensation.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
If it is anything, EurISP (Fast4's reseller) have up to 8Mb unlimited broadband for £29.99, so I dunno how Fast4 are undercutting it, without the congestion we are seeing... :confused:

ctually when l joined EurISP they had a deal going on 8meg connections.. lm only paying £18 or there abouts

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
ok the page is back up now it was down earlier.

timeless

ULTIMATE Member
Staff member
Volunteer Mod
l wish they updated the page to show whats happening now tho, since there has not been one mention on their news section of current problems.

mental

I take it every1 still having problems sorry havent posted for a week fast4 cut my internet off.When my son sent them a message telling them what he thought of there service when he couldent play online games.Luckly i was in middle of migrating.But im with new isp now getting great speads and latancy so im happy.:):)
Code:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                           192.168.1.254 -    0 |   59 |   59 |    0 |    0 |   16 |    0 |
|                        elm.dsl.enta.net -    0 |   59 |   59 |   31 |   31 |   46 |   31 |
|   vlan4003.telehouse-east2.dsl.enta.net -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   32 |   93 |   31 |
|       gi2-8.telehouse-east.dsl.enta.net -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   31 |   47 |   31 |
|      te5-2.telehouse-east.core.enta.net -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   39 |  156 |   31 |
|     te5-1.telehouse-east2.core.enta.net -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   44 |  156 |   31 |
|                          212.58.238.177 -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   39 |  203 |   31 |
|                          212.58.238.129 -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   33 |  109 |   31 |
|                    www40.thdo.bbc.co.uk -    0 |   58 |   58 |   31 |   31 |   31 |   31 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR - 0.8. Copyleft @2000-2002 Vasile Laurentiu Stanimir  ( stanimir@cr.nivis.com )

Been like that most of day for me thank god i left fast4.

Promotion
Cheapest Superfast ISPs
  • Vodafone £22.00
    Avg. Speed 35Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: None
  • Hyperoptic £22.00
    Avg. Speed 50Mbps, Unlimited
  • Onestream £22.49 (*29.99)
    Avg. Speed 45Mbps, Unlimited
  • xln telecom £22.74 (*47.94)
    Avg. Speed 66Mbps, Unlimited
  • Plusnet £22.99 (*36.52)
    Avg. Speed 36Mbps, Unlimited
    Gift: £55 Reward Card
Prices inc. Line Rental | View All
Helpful ISP Guides and Tips
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
Promotion
The Top 20 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (2811)
  2. BT (2790)
  3. FTTC (1790)
  4. Building Digital UK (1758)
  5. Politics (1687)
  6. Openreach (1640)
  7. Business (1454)
  8. FTTH (1341)
  9. Statistics (1249)
  10. Mobile Broadband (1246)
  11. 4G (1075)
  12. Fibre Optic (1071)
  13. Wireless Internet (1034)
  14. Ofcom Regulation (1028)
  15. Virgin Media (1014)
  16. EE (707)
  17. Vodafone (679)
  18. Sky Broadband (672)
  19. TalkTalk (671)
  20. 5G (531)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules