Sponsored Links

ICUK - New Data Allowance?

Looking at the ICUK front page, I've noticed that they have changed their max data allowance from 100Gb to 50Gb. Does this affect current users, or only new signups, as I've not recieved any notification of any changes?

Hmm you're correct and the prices for some packages have also been changed. While updating our listings system last month you could get a 512Kbps package with 20GB's for £20 per month but now 20GB costs £25 though you do get 2Mbps.

It may well be worth checking your query with them and please let us know the outcome as well.

EDIT: Just to correct myself (their site's price list makes it confusing), it looks like you can choose the speed based on data allowance.

Last edited:
To reduce confusion...

The pricing is not meant to confuse, but agree that is a little strange in comparison to the majority of competitors. Our packages have been designed so that you purchase the plan based on the data transfer cap, not the speed. Increasing ISP’s are orientating their packages towards ADSL Max, which may not always be suited to everyone’s lines.

We didn't want to see the death of traditional ADSL products from our portfolio as they seem to be just as popular as ever, and for some the only way they can guarantee a stable connection suited to their usage. You can pick any of our packages either on a 512k, 1mb, 2mb or upto 8mb at no additional cost. This is no different to BT Wholesale tail pricing afterall.

Any existing customers who were seen to be adversely affected by the changes in our policy were emailed with 1 months notice, explaining our reasons and options available to them. No additional charges were brought against users who couldn’t find a new home in time. This brought an end to the fair usage cap of 100Gb introduced in February this year. Much like the situation Zen faced earlier this year, it reached a point whereby such policies simply couldn’t continue. We allowed it to continue to honor our promises to long-term customers, but ultimately we had to make changes.

I should clarify ICUK's position with ADSL. We wish to position ourselves as a high quality broadband provider, and separate ourselves from the ever increasing number of resellers filling up the top 10 lists. We now operate the same philosophies with our hosting, Internet and telecommunication operations. All of which are sustainable and developed in-house.

We prefer to shy away from competing on price and the ever increasing number of catches and clauses. This is simply unsustainable, and ultimately leads to ISP’s disappearing or customers unhappy because a support team isn’t available due to the tiny margins not able to maintain one. We now wish to concentrate our efforts on low-bandwidth users who simply want an ISP to do want it says on the tin in terms of offering an always on, fast, and reliable connection with no hidden catches or clauses… backed up by a friendly team on the phone and email. We still cater for high bandwidth users, but on the the understanding there is no such thing as “unmetered” or a free lunch where ADSL is concerned.

In addition to changes for individual users we have also made substantial changes to our wholesale platform, designed for like minded resellers who wish to stand out from the plateau of Enta resellers that now seem to fill the top 10. We have changed the package in-line with our own, and have merged our sister company Red Telecom to feature under the ICUK umbrella. This now makes for a formidable portfolio.

Any existing customer who would like to know more details, please contact us in the normal way via email or phone.

We did have a press released planned for this, and our new reseller control panel, but have been pre-occupied with other developments. I guess this will have to do 

Paul Barnett
ICUK

www.icukhosting.co.uk

Sponsored Links
FAO Zombieman - Resend Email

I have a copy of the email you were issued on the 8th August 2007. If you would like I can resend a copy.

Regards,

Paul

How we checked an email was issued...

Well, assuming his username is zombieman on our platform, and the fact that every email sent out by us either as a support reply or announcement, such as this one, is CC'ed back to us, means we can pull out information very easily and quickly. So I'm not telling porkies, with the message headers to prove it ;)

Zombieman - if you would like to clarify anything to do with our service please do get in touch by calling us or emailing us in the normal way. Cheers!

Paul

Sponsored Links
I never received any email, and it never got sidelined into my junk folder or anything. Also, when my GF spoke to one of your support guys yesterday, he said the emails hadn't been sent yet.

Do you know who you spoke to? The person you spoke to was probably referring to the fact that 'non-affected' customers have yet to receive an email from us. But anyone who we identified as being adversely affected was notified with an email sent by myself in an email.

I have the email within my mail client and can resend to the Pipex email address it was sent to originally. This is the same address that is listed within your control panel today.

Anyway, I'm not prepared to continue this conversation publically. If you would like us to resend please email the team at our normal solutions@ email address. We can then take things from there.

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All

Helpful ISP Guides and Tips

Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5473)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2525)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1780)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules