Sponsored Links

iD - paranoid??

I decided to give iD a try, as GiffGaff runs on O2, and which in Malvern at least, means really, really crap 3G speeds.
(and iD is half the price for exactly the same data allowance).

SO, I filled in the online application and sent off for my free iD sim.

The next day I get an email saying my order has been cancelled, because I have failed "internal security checks"

WTF??

Two more days have passed since I queried that, and no reply, next step may be a FOI demand.

Most companies are rubbish at conducting "security checks" and nine times out of ten what they really mean is a "credit check", which can easily be failed simply by one character being wrong somewhere.

I suspected "credit check", and my score is very good; but I DID have issues with an illegal "note" added to my records about 20 years ago, and worry the damned thing has turned up again.
(It doesnt "officially" exist, so I cant "officially" get it removed, but I have been told about it "unofficially").

No response from iD, not even an acknowledgement of my email; so either the email address they use is for outgoing mail only (but no warning about it given), or they are a bunch of ******* who dont bother reading incoming mail.

Sponsored Links
I often fail because B(r)ent Council can't get my address right so if the company concerned checks the electoral register things don't match, I'm at a different (non-existent) address instead. I usually end up on the phone to whoever and/or they want a deposit, which doesn't particularly bother me, I'm not broke and it's easier than trying to knock some sense into the council jobsworths - if I found anyone in B(r)ent Council with a brain I'd have them arrested for being in possession of stolen property.

To my surprise, when I switched my mobile broadband monthly contract from EE to Three this didn't happen, which really surprised me at the time, but on reflection it's possibly because I already had a PAYG phone SIM registered with them.

Credit Checks are joke. Halifax has just reduced my CC limit to £75, not enough for a tank of fuel..., meanwhile B/Card has upped my limit to £10k !
I have no idea what info the 'Credit rating agencies' have on me, and I don't care ! I can borrow a 6 fig. sum from my mortgage by just writing a cheque and the interest should have just droped to 1.25%.... :)
Regards,
Martin

Credit Checks are joke. Halifax has just reduced my CC limit to £75, not enough for a tank of fuel..., meanwhile B/Card has upped my limit to £10k !
I have no idea what info the 'Credit rating agencies' have on me, and I don't care ! I can borrow a 6 fig. sum from my mortgage by just writing a cheque and the interest should have just droped to 1.25%.... :)
Regards,
Martin

It's enough to fill my tank, so I'll happily spend the money for you... :)

ID/Carphone Warehouse's systems are particularly sensitive to any mismatch between the details you entered, name on the bank card and the credit check.

It's most likely a character out of place somewhere. Probably nothing to worry about - I'd resubmit, or speak to someone in a shop. They tend to be a bit more savvy at getting around the regular gotchas

Sponsored Links
ID/Carphone Warehouse's systems are particularly sensitive to any mismatch between the details you entered, name on the bank card and the credit check.

It's most likely a character out of place somewhere. Probably nothing to worry about - I'd resubmit, or speak to someone in a shop. They tend to be a bit more savvy at getting around the regular gotchas

It's OK, it was 4 years ago now!!
Necroposter reactivated the thread!!!

NecroThread_sml.jpg

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £24.00
132Mbps
Shell Energy UK ISP Logo
Shell Energy £26.99
109Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Zen Internet UK ISP Logo
Zen Internet £28.00 - 35.00
100Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £15.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £19.99
150Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £21.00
150Mbps
Gift: £25 Love2Shop Card
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5472)
  2. BT (3505)
  3. Politics (2524)
  4. Openreach (2291)
  5. Business (2251)
  6. Building Digital UK (2234)
  7. FTTC (2041)
  8. Mobile Broadband (1961)
  9. Statistics (1778)
  10. 4G (1654)
  11. Virgin Media (1608)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1451)
  13. Fibre Optic (1392)
  14. Wireless Internet (1386)
  15. FTTH (1381)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules